Arena back to Wood Leagure???

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena back to Wood Leagure???

• Seriously? After 15 weeks and finally making it to the Platinum League in the last week. ( Took so long because of games freezes and loosing battles I never got to fight, but that is another story ) I get a freakin’ useless trophy? I never got to spin the Golden Pig for any Platinum Banner items. What a rip off.

Now I am back to the Wood league with Wood Banner items as the prizes??? Why bother? My banners are all Gold Items. Some of the poor smucks I am fighting do not even have a chance to beat me with their wood banner items. Does not seem right to me.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • sebo
    @sebutek

Same here… back to wooden league, I should be in diamond!!!

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@rovionefuah Not directed towards you personaly but really!
    I don’t even get why they started the second season straight away, with still cheaters, a backup mechanisme that puts ‘ghost/virtual’ players on different boards, later on also players who are in higher leagues in lower leagues. So another twelve weeks of flaud arena. Why??? FIX IT FIRST!!!!

And first weeks some players have no chance at all to advance against al the players with platinum/diamond banner items.

fangston
    @fangston

@cosmicdebris
    I agree with everything you wrote. I only started the 2nd league because I didn’t get the achievement for 100 daily objectives yet – and on the second battle the app crashed. And the other battles were super easy and boring. So tomorrow (100th objective) will be my final day at the arena.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Someone didn’t think this through. But, on the other hand, it’s a chance to save up LC since using the Arena Golden Pig is useless until you get back up to the level you were at before.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

It’s pretty disappointing that all you get is a trophy that doesn’t do anything.

Why not any LCs or snoutlings? Golden Pig Rolls? Arena or weapon sets?

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

…are you kidding me Rovio! Played my ass off for 14 weeks finishing first in the Diamond League and my reward is a stupid frame, a lame trophy and 3 items in which I already have. No LC, Snoutings or even a Special class. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FRICKEN KIDDING ME! And on top of it all you put us all into the wooden league to begin again. What the hells is that about. STUPID STUPID STUPID !

WHou2000
    @wendy12

That happened to me last month. I can’t play a lot the game to be in the next League because of school. Even that I’m in any of the first three places I’m still in Wood League after the week is over. :/

firedragon
    @mingkee27

So I am.
    This sucks.
    null
    This is bad for grinding.
    null
    Whoever has been in rank tournament has frame.
    null

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I mentioned the problems this would cause and how unfair this would be about a month ago, but Rovio decided to reset everyone anyway. This is not good for any of the players both old and new since it is unfair to everyone. If people thought the ghosting problem was unfair, this is ten times worse.

I wonder if they’ll use their standard line and call this “game balancing” whenever they make a change we don’t like.

Anonymous

@mingkee27 In the 3rd picture did you notice that 5th and 6th place are the same person? That’s weird.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

They’re “no name players”.

Anonymous

Oh ok thanks!

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

@fangston

I am done with the arena. Waste of time. I am so pissed off that I got to Platinum and did not get any Platinum Banners items to show for it. Plus I got the stupid useless trophy but did not get credit for the achievement.

Rovio really screwed up on the arena.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The game will eventually award you whatever level you reached. You might need to logout and log back in to make it update. I reached the Diamond league and got my frame and trophy hours after I spun the awards wheel, but I haven’t gotten the diamond league achievement yet.

I feel bad fighting a lot of weak players in the wood league. Some have only wood level banner items and most are rank 7-8 compared to my rank 10 with all level 41 sets and a platinum level Blessed set. It isn’t much of a challenge and it wouldn’t be fair to make those players fight my birds.

Until they open the new area in 4 days this game just isn’t fun for anyone and it is just a boring grind now.

scruffydork
    @scruffydork

I always thought each tournament would reset to the wood level. That’s what a tournament is.
    But I do wish they waited to start the second tournament. I’m definitely feeling arena fatigue.

Tman
    @tman

I always kind of assumed that we would go back to the wood league. I mean, what would a second season do? But otherwise I agree. 14 weeks of playing and all we get is a stupid little frame? Really weak Rovio, really weak.

Additionally, by keeping all of the set items and higher banners you’ve kept means a poor balance for everyone else. I only made it to Gold, but I’m fighting people with upper banners putting me at a disadvantage that I didn’t have the first time around. And God help you if you just decided to start playing the arena today, skipping the first season. You’ll be wiped out.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

My Piggy McCool shows that he is in the Platinum league. What does yours show? If you get a free spin on Piggy’s machine will it be a wood level prize or the level of Piggy McCool?

seggy
    @seggy

Yeah, I was hoping for a little time off before the 2nd league started up instead of being thrust right back into the grind. Feeling that fatigue. Going back to 75 points as a maximum award for winning a battle just feels brutal, although I expected everyone to return back to the beginning.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@killerkea
    When you spin on a friend’s pig, it’s always at your league level, not at their level.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

While I hate just getting a frame and a trophy, I understand that Rovio probably decided not to reward the rampant cheaters with anything worthwhile.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I agree that putting everyone back into wood was stupid. But now that we are here –

If you remember back to @tigerussell’s table showing the proportion of players in each league after 12 weeks, approx 35% were still in the wood league and just under 30% were in the stone league. These numbers will be slightly lower after 14 weeks.

So almost 2/3rds of players would have been in the first two leagues at the end of season 1. So it is not surprising that we would meet lots of lower league players in arena battles. I presume there is still some sort of matching system, so you could still end up with some more difficult opponents. But the majority of opponents will never have advanced far up the leagues.

This will also work for the players in the lower leagues. Most opponents will come from a similar level. So, if they know how to avoid difficult opponents, it should not be too bad for them. But that’s a big “if”. I am sure many will have the misfortune to come across three difficult opponents in a row, and that will be it for the day.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

Well, they could use the “unnamed Player” thing…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon
    In my league I have the following:
    1 no frame
    4 wood
    1 stone
    2 silver
    3 gold
    3 platinum
    1 diamond (me)

Now that I’m in the wood league I’m fighting a lot of opponents that have almost no chance to beat me since they are typically rank 7-8 without complete sets or strong banner items so the only way I lose is when the game freezes. The bugs caused me to lose 9 times in the past 4 days because I did an awful lot of grinding to get to the diamond promotion. I won’t be playing as much in the arena now because it is really boring grinding against weak opponents.

In the platinum league I just finished, 13 players received the diamond frame. One person remained platinum and the last place finisher did not get a frame.

What is really stupid is that now the GAPM is virtually worthless to all the real arena players.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea It is pretty clear to most of us that it was stupid to bring everyone back to wood. I am going to take a break from the arena for a while with my main team. I will concentrate on getting the rest of my bird classes up to rank 10.

I am still playing with my level 18 team, as this is more fun and much quicker to play. I want to get them back up to the Diamond league to get more banner items for them. Unfortunately, I keep getting the Sea Dog and Thunderbird objectives. And, like you I lose at least one banner to the freezes every day – so far today I have lost two.

(Edit) I don’t know if you care about achievements in the game, but you might take the opportunity while the opponents are easy to play with all of the bird classes, to get this objective – although I assume you are still without Thunderbird.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon I’m 2 weeks away from having enough LC to get the Thunderbird.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena back to Wood Leagure???

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.