Arena Aggravation

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Aggravation

• So I’m wondering how fast it is possible to pile up arena points.
    Is 10,0000 points in Silver League possible in 15 minutes?
    Couple of seasons ago, I would have said “No way”, but now I’m thinking it’s not as unrealistic as it used to be. Main reason is that banners don’t have a chance against the new equipment sets (especially Bomb’s), and average battle duration is a lot shorter than it used to be. If you have the right setup, you can probably clear a match in about the same amount of time as it takes to spin a prize and start the next match.

Also wondering: is anyone else seeing way more of Lightning Bird and Priestess lately? What kind of opponents do you usually see these days?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Suzy
    @suzyq

@epicgrindr I couldn’t possibly get that score in 15 minutes, but then there are a lot of better players then me who could answer your question better than me. What is your highest score in Silver in 15 minutes?

Yes I see them a lot too. EMage, EPaladin and Princess are ones I see a lot more.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I STILL say “No way” to 10,000 points in 15 minutes, especially in Silver. You would have to be the best player, be matched with the worst players, and then you could possibly win in 5 seconds. But as your enemies get stronger the stronger you become, it also takes more time to defeat these enemies. I never cleared a match in less than 30 seconds. Don’t forget the coin toss losses that cost additional time. So no, I do not think 10k points in 15 minutes are realistic. Maybe 8k points are.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@suzyq
    I usually don’t do more than daily goals plus a few more matches. One time I made it to 7000 in about 20 minutes.

@smwforever45

Well, I have seen posts of players who claim to be doing upward of 17,000 damage to a banner in 1 hit. If true, I can see matches being short enough to get past 9k pretty quick. In other words, if you can win in 2 turns, maybe. But the realist in me agrees with your assessment: which leaves me scratching my head when players pop in with 9-10k points in 15-20 minutes.

Rather than getting bent out of shape and throwing accusations, I started this topic to see if people’s fastest setups can make a 3-4K point lead in a short time. Personally, I can clear a battle in 4 or 5 turns for my team (against a weaker opponent). That doesn’t add up to anything like 9-10k points in 15 minutes though… Ha

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    17,000 in a single hit? Maybe… but they would need to win the coin toss! Then, weaken the banner with Skulkers, buff an Elite Red class at M15 with Capt’n, and finally, use the Rage Chilli on Red. But with banner health being able to reach values >30k, that doesn’t always guarantee 1-turn or 2-turn wins. And even then, I do not believe in 10k within 15 minutes.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

Interesting arena note: after a few hours of grinding points in arena, it looks like opponent strength increase ties more directly to score than it does to number of wins.
    So the more matches you play before achieving the daily goals, the easier the opponents you may get before completing the goals. This may be useful if you are trying to catch up with someone who has a higher point total than yours,
    For example: I purposely used a team that would not fulfill the goals and played about 40 matches. With few exceptions, the opponents I matched up against at that time were pretty quick and easy to defeat. Once I caught up to the player above me on the rankings, I switched to a team that allowed me to finish the goals, and my ranking moved up to the middle of 2 star group. After that, opponent matchups got much more difficult.

I don’t know if this is always true for everyone else, but it seems to be consistent for me…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    Are the power levels of those two teams similar? Otherwise, you’ve got a second variable in this equation and thus couldn’t say “it’s definitely dependent on the objectives”.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@epicgrindr some players save one or more objectives until just before the day ends. They play them and then play the new days objectives this can all be achieved in less than 20 minutes. It’s the only way to make legitimate huge jumps in a very short space of time.

Raizir
    @raizir

Hey, guys… ive just fought a fishy team…

Elite Paladin
    Elite Thunderbird
    Elite Seadog

Notice something off?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@raizir
    Not really… They’re three different birds (Red, Chuck and Bomb), and all these Elites are obtainable in the game.
    And since 1.5.0, we get normal opponents again. Means that Bomb and Blues can appear again, even on CG opponents.

Raizir
    @raizir

@smwforever45

I meant how those classses haven’t even been released to the public via event…

Have they?

(Note, they’re only in the game files, unused for now, so how…)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@raizir
    They’re not given away in events!
    They are offered in the Shop where you also purchase the respective classes!
    After buying Paladin etc., you’ll get the offer to buy their Elite upgrades on top.

In fact, I have three of these Elite classes myself: Elite Paladin, Elite Bard, and Elite Seadog.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Aggravation

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.