App Data Size

• Is anyone else’s app data for this game ballooning out of control? Mine is up over 900mb and it keeps going up every time I open the game. It has gotten to the point that I can no longer open it any more or I will run out of space. As it is I had to delete some stuff just to download some updates.

I’m on Android.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • Power Pork
    @abginebird

Mine is actually 200 mb.
    First, try clearing the cache. Ads take most these spaces
    Then take a look in your “com.rovio.BadPiggies” in Android/data , see if the “file” folder is that big or not.
    this folder is all you have in Bad piggies, saved offline.
    Then, you should try uninstalling the app:
    Simply back up the whole “com.rovio.BadPiggiese” folder first, then try uninstalling the app, when reinstalled, paste the folder “com.rovio.BadPiggies” or “files” you backed up at where it used to be.

Hope it helps :-)

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

It’s not the cache. The cache was only about 29mb and one of the things I deleted to make room. The problem is in the app data and unfortunately the only way I know how to back things up backs up the full app data. And even more unfortunately I tried to figure out how to back up just specific files and while I thought I knew what I was doing I didn’t and I failed miserably and lost everything. Oh well. My own fault. I should have been more careful. At least now I freed up almost a gigabyte of space. And even if it had worked the problem is still there and the size goes up every time I open it and I would have had to uninstall it every few weeks.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Weirdly, I have 114mb. I didn’t clear my cache and got that! I didn’t uninstall anything either! @sntrooper If you have 2 devices, try alternating between them. When it goes up 10mb, play on the other device.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

@sntrooper
    Oops…
    For your progress ,have you saved the progress on facebook? or maybe try connecting rovio… maybe they can help…
    As for the problem… does the size increase when you’re playing online?

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@abginebird I don’t have a Facebook account and forgot that was even an option.

“As for the problem… does the size increase when you’re playing online?” Yes, when online it goes up by about ten megabytes when offline only by a few kilobytes.

Power Pork
    @abginebird

That’s pretty weird…
    My data is 2 MB with cache only being 12 KB…
    do you have another device to test on? see if the problem is with the device or the app…
    Also try clearing the cache (in setting -> apps) , since only clearing the data will effect progress..

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

No, no other device.

I would guess it’s because I’m using an outdated Android version (4.4.2) and the game just isn’t fully compatible with it any more. Probably creating new files when it is supposed to overwrite them because it does something slightly different than newer systems do.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.