Apologies & Corrected Rewards

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Apologies & Corrected Rewards

• Has anyone been told they would receive apology gems? And if so, are they giving out more for this long outage? I suggested 20 for a free SS item or something.

Also, has anyone received their corrected rewards from the corrected rankings?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

@fred-geske I don’t think they fixed the ranking yet. I’ve seen their Facebook message stating they were working on it this morning.

I have not received any gems for the outage yet, nor gems for this ranking error and corrected reward.

Still waiting for reply from Rovio for my gems of the outage, I’d be more then happy to receive 20 gems instead of the Events Ship tho!

Skayra
    @skayra

Didn’t received any gem (also i didnt had problem. Just like like couple hour its gived some error codes than it back to normal)

Got corrected rewards

troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

didn’t get any correction or message saying that there was an error… And I’m sure there was for me an error

amy-lynn
    @amy-lynn

I didn’t get any message yet either as of yet

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@fred-geske I noticed that issue during the Monster fights before they announced this. They said that they would DOUBLE your Event Points because of the error- sweet!

Meme
    @karlijn

I did get 20 gems for the monster fight mishap / server problems. They appeared in my gift box and was labelled compensation.

As for the ranking recalculation: nothing yet, but I hope that will get sorted. 3 hrs before event ending I was at #240 but ended just outside the top 500. :(
    Bearing in mind that there was less time to play I figured I did really well until I saw the final results. I am guessing many of you can relate to this.

micho
    @vmicho

I still have nothing right now …
    Don’t forget to send a bug report to rovio, so their bug tracker melts (haaa haaa >_<)

justpast40
    @justpast40

@rowdypup, where did you see that they were doubling Event points?

I never saw a message like that, but I wasn’t impacted by the outage. If it was for those impacted by outage, then it would make sense as to why the rankings so many of us ended up with were hundreds higher than we saw less than a minute before the Event ended. At 11:59, seconds before the Event ended, I was under 500 on both iPhone & iPad, but the “official” Rank had me over 500 on both. The word disappointed doesn’t begin to explain my feelings & thoughts, but because this is a family-friendly site I can’t post what I was thinking. Needless to say I opened a Ticket & personally won’t be satisfied without the Ship on both as I actually spent some $$$ for Gems as I’m sure some others also did. I don’t think anyone would do so knowing the Ranks were off by 250+. Who would spend $$ to end up at 501, 570, 700? It makes no sense, at least not to me.

Sometimes all I can do is shake my head & think, no wonder they have these layoffs. They seem to be completely out of touch with what their customers expect, i.e. transparency, honesty & integrity (as they are dealing with real people spending real money), a company that admits to errors & corrects or compensates without the customer having to ask, etc. Their management seem to act as if they haven’t a clue.

chris-cox
    @chris-cox

I got a response this morning and this is what they said.

Rovio Support Team (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
    Jan 11, 22:33

Hello there,

and thanks for contacting us!

We sincerely apologise for the fact that the event’s rankings were acting up and some players’ final rankings were inaccurate.

We are currently double checking that everyone gets the correct rewards.

We are deeply sorry for this.

Best regards,

Niklas
    Rovio Support Team

I have contacted them before. Sometimes only to give positive feedback and nothing more. It took a lot longer to get a response this time which leads me to believe that their inbox was swamped. I give them props for always responding. I think they are trying to make things better and improve play. This is somewhat new territory for Rovio with attempting real time ranking and testing servers to their limits. Live and learn. It will get better. Contact them at [email protected] and kindly express your frustration. You will be heard and they will reply.

micho
    @vmicho

I’ve got the same message. But watch out! They mark the issue as “solved”.
    Don’t forget to reply, so it is re-marked as open (again, so their issue tracker melts haaa haaa >_<) until the thing is really resolved.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@justpast40 oops! I just glanced at the note and didn’t read it. I just saw the words “double….Event Points” and on playing. I didn’t see the words “….checking the…..” during what I origionally thought (Double Event points), but when it popped up again, I read it carefully. sorry for the mistake! (I bet everyone wants Double Points now!)

micho
    @vmicho

Well … finally with the new app update, they’ve sent corrected rewards. Although my ranking stayed at 1003 (400 a night before event end), but they’ve sent the ship reward (supposed to be under 500) + all other too (so now I can merge some:)

So I think it’s +/- okay.
    But they could send some gems too.

troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

Got my ship I didnt received. Got my 20 gems from the crash issue. Merged the gold hat from stella to 4 stars and got the rainbow weapon. Nice morning.

chris-cox
    @chris-cox

I think Rovio came through. They seem to be a company that puts up in their best effort. #respect.

I got all the event rewards in my teir again plus the ship. They probably did a query like “everyone ranked 3000 or below gets the ship.” Just to be safe. So more than likely some people got the ship even if their rank wasn’t legitimately high enough. Good for them.

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Apologies & Corrected Rewards

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.