Another Small Break

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Another Small Break

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@elpapam Okay then, if you say so.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@datguygamer I grow up with Robotech (US version of Macross) And the original Macross Movies and Series… And yeah as well with Transformers plus with some Gundam Series (thought the new are better) But now as i am getting old (already 33) i loose interest in anime and those stuff.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@elpapam Well thanks for the info. :)

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@elpapam You’re completely right about Jetfire. The first wave was mainly a collection of toy builds that Takara brought in from companies they either bought or absorbed. It’s obvious when you look at the first wave which were made from different manufacturers. I can’t recall how they got the rights to use that from Macross. It was unusual because Macross was an established brand and the models Takara took in were from companies that had been going under.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@deszaras I was astonished when i first saw Macross Do You Remember Love (The movie) Their mechas was made me to complete forget the transformers the YF-1S/J/A/D (each letter at the end was same craft with different head). Those mechas was said in many forums that their design was started as base from the F-14 Tomcat that i loved so much as philosophy as a design as everything, and this fact made me so much fan of the Macross Universe.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@elpapam I loved planes when I was a kid. I grew up watching Top Gun so I read all the books I could find on fighter jets. In Transformers, the seekers like Starscream were planes based on F-15s. F-16s were also used. The Aerialbot Silverbolt was a Concorde. I think there was even an A-10. I loved how the cartoon, especially in the first two seasons had vehicles based on real life. Lamborghini, Porsche, WW2 Jeep, corvette, etc. You would have liked the Japanese g1 continuity because it went a different way after the movie. That’s why Soundblaster is not a Rovio character. Soundwave died and was remade into him. The Masterforce and Victory seasons were much more like traditional anime and the transformers became more like mechs.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@deszaras I loved that generation of anime… But if i where to choose i would pick up Macross cause i loved the Plans more than cars.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Another Small Break

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.