Angry Birds Under Pigstruction discussion thread

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Under Pigstruction discussion thread

• Yet another new softlaunched game this year by Rovio.
    Anyone can talk about the latest addition to the series below.
    Some discussion starters:
    Who likes the choose-your-bird system?
    What about the spells?
    Does anybody have any thoughts about when this game, Fight or Stella Pop are released worldwide and there are sections for each on ABN? (Such as forbidden usage of spells to get a high score on leaderboards with the exception of mandatory usage levels?)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • Bird Leader
    @birdleader

I have some thoughts:

1. @sal9 and I think the name will change. Kudos to Sal for first bringing this up.

2. I really don’t like that the levels change on restart. It kills any level of competition.

3. I love the arcade style graphics and overall theme.

4. Enjoy the gameplay and storyline a lot

5. Like Stella, I dislike that your highscore is not shown when playing a level. It’s only shown upon completing a level. I flat out don’t get this.

6. Love this pigs, especially there expressions.

7. Chose your own bird is fine, especially since it’s a core aspect of the game from the start.

BL

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@Freckledpig147, @birdleader :

Actually the name of the game is strange.
    The fact of being able to choose the order of birds is more strategic, but it’s a pity that we propose us only 3 by 3. Especially as the level and the distribution of the cards of birds are random.

We would say a mixture of several games (ABO, AB Stella, AB Epic) and the rank idea of birds is nice, even if I have not noted difference with the rank yet tan.

It is strange to see that the score can finish by something else than a zero.
    Moreover I noted that Strike gets 18.750 points and the Birdie 7.500. The fact of having birds still available on the end of a level does not increase the score.
    The obtaining of 3 stars is more difficult.

It isn’t exactly as Stella, because by positioning the bird on a level we can see the score, useless to finish a level.
    However I find it’s a pity to have to finish a level not to lose life, especially when we want 3 stars and when we wish to begin again quickly.
    Rovio should make lose a life only in case of failure of a still unimplemented level.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@Freckledpig147, @birdleader :

Here we are, having played since it’s release, I am blocked at the level 76.
    Impossible to make a success of it five room run and I refuse to use spells.

Thus while waiting for a solution, I use my lives to obtain 3 stars in the previous levels, what is simpler with all the birds.
    I also block for 3 stars to the level 10 (first boss), would you have a technique ?

And you, where are you ?

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@grimmjow @birdleader

And you, where are you ?

Me? I wasn’t active on ABN. I do agree that the name should change. Maybe Angry Birds 2??? (This is purely speculation from me.)
    I like the concept of picking birds. All stages can be completed with the help of only 1-2 birds.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Here are my first impressions on new game:
    1. I ecxpect name will change, althoug I don’t expect any inovative name, probably just AB2 (similar as Cut the Rope 2).
    2. I love the system for choosing your bird but I don’t like the fact player may choose only from three random birds as on most levels only one of those three birds is suitable to destroy constraction and clear segment but player doesn’t know if that bird would be more usefull in next scene (sorry for my English, hope it is understandable what I wanted to say, I just couldn’t find more adecvate words).
    3. I don’t use spells nor gems as I don’t have credit card valid in Canadian store so I really hope that my progress will be saved via my FB account. I have intention to use spells in future once game will be worldwide release and i could make payments. I don’t mind paying for making advantage in game at all. As I already said I am against PUPS in all classic AB games and never use them…
    4. I absolutely love comic graphics. So cute…
    5. I don’t like AB Fight at all, but I LOVE cute items you can equip your bird to make it stronger. 45 seconds is too short time for me to think about the best combos I can make. All in all time limited levels were always my weakness in “match three” games.
    6. As for Stella Pop I would like that coins could be obtained by playing levels, spinning wheeel or other way in game. So far you start with 50 and that’s all that game itself offer.

I haven’t opened Arena yet, I wonder how it function.

burbman
    @burbman

I have had fun so far in Under Pigstruction. The randomness of it I think will keep leaderboards from being very useful. I have been playing each level until reaching three stars, so I am still in the upper 30s. Not sure what the gems are for yet, but thanks @cosmo2503 for the gifts! I do believe that progress is stored independent of device, as when I downloaded the game to my son’s iPad, he took over with progress equal to what I had obtained on my iPhone. Once he logged in to a separate FB account the two devices un-synched, and we have made our own progress since then.

@grimmjow
    – I saw your question on level 10 above – I three starred it with a one birder with Silver that gave the cart enough momentum to break the ice triangle that holds up the boulders on the right side before everything fell on chef pig. I was also a few points shy a couple of times with yellow skipping off the top of the cart to break the house at the upper right then rolling back down the boulders and dropping on chef pig. Could not quite get the ice triangle to break that way, but did one bird the level.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@burbman :

I did it ! Chapter 1 totaly 3 starred. thanks
    Have you past level 76 ? Without spells ?

Have you FB ? (I had you here, MP me if yes)

burbman
    @burbman

Congrats @grimmjow! I am only on Level 36 as I am stubbornly working to get three stars on each level before progressing unless I feel hopelessly stuck, which I don’t yet on that one. I will send a PM regarding FB

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@Burbman

I too am usually to have 3 stars before passing at the following level.
    But this new Angry Birds is different, it is necessary to think differently.
    I you council to continue to pass the levels and to go back to obtain 3 stars only when you will have 7 birds.

Now that I have 7 I obtain 3 stars much more easily and without wasting of life by mistake.
    Soon I shall have the first 75 levels with 3 stars and then I shall see the continuation.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@burbman you are welcome! I played trying to get 3 stars on most levels but sooner or later I gave up on several of them and kept playing to open Arena. I finished 5th on my board yesterday and got 10 feathers for Chuck for reward (only top three get more than 10 other 12 on the board get 10).
    I love game but really, really hate system where I can’t stop level without losing life.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@cosmo2503 I do agree with you! If say, the game crashed when you were playing a level, that would count as a life, like what happens in Epic. Infuriating!

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@grimmjow I guess you play Arena levels daily. I wonder if you figured out how many tickets do player get daily. At first I thought it is only one and one extra for video watching. I played yesterday for those two tickets and later last night I open arena again to check my position and I had new ticket again. If player get more then one ticket a day I wonder how often player get new ones?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@Cosmo2503 :

I think that we obtain a new ticket after one certain times (a few hours certainly). Consequently we can try a better score several times a day.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Under Pigstruction discussion thread

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.