Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.9

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.9

• Hello all,

First of all I’d like to apologise for the crash issue encountered by most players on Saturday 12th December, and to extend my thanks to so many of you for providing us with information to help us address it. This community is always very helpful when we need to learn more about the scale or specifics of an issue with the game, so thank you.

A number of players have asked about the timing of the holiday event and gifts, as the update description text mentioned the 12th December. Putting the exact dates in the text was, it turns out, a bit ambitious. The estimated submission time on the iOS App Store increased a lot at the start of December, and we shifted the event back to ensure that both platforms would have the update with time to spare.

There are a few known issues with the holiday event in 1.9.23.x (iOS) that everyone should bear in mind (these could perhaps do with being stickied in a separate post):

– At the moment that each day’s challenge event ends, please ensure you don’t have the holiday event window open, as this may result in problems when awarding your prizes. The safest thing to do is to close the app before the end of each event and reopen it after the ending time.
    – Opening the app during a challenge event without playing it at least once can cause an issue preventing you from participating in the rest of the events. Please ensure you play at least once in a challenge event for every day that you open the app.

Obviously I’d rather these issues didn’t exist, and we have another iOS client update in submission to address them. This may not be approved by Apple before the end of the event (due to the previously mentioned long submission times), but if it is then updating the app should prevent any of these problems.

Thank you again for playing, I hope you enjoy the holiday event and I look forward to reading your feedback!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • werehamsta
    @werehamsta

When exactly daily challenges start and end? In my app I can not see the timer, the field it supposed to be in is empty (and so it was during Halloween event).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“– At the moment that each day’s challenge event ends, please ensure you don’t have the holiday event window open, as this may result in problems when awarding your prizes. The safest thing to do is to close the app before the end of each event and reopen it after the ending time.”

Ironically enough, I like to keep the window open precisely because I want to take screen shots to prove what my score was at the time the event concluded, as I don’t trust the app to award prizes correctly.

JLoABT
    @jloabt

@gradientturtle7

Thank you for providing this heads-up! Communication to your customers about an issue like this is exactly what you should be doing on a more consistent basis. While there has been a lot of frustration this past year with the game, it sure does help to feel like we’re not in the dark like so many people have expressed here in this forum. There are a lot of smart, tech-minded people here who are looking for a fun and fair game, who offer Rovio a lot of valuable feedback that seems to often fall on deaf ears, and who can also see very clearly between the lines. We all look forward to continued improvements in the experience!

bertykat
    @bertykat

Is the Xmas update coming to Kindle Fire? I seem to be the only person in the world stuck with Turkey pigs :-(

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

@gradientturtle7

I am on iOS 8.2 on an iPad air running the latest release 1.9.26.3 (?), and I am not seeing any challenges. I see the button / banner for the holiday challenges, but nothing ever shows up. As I understand it, others on iOS can see the challenges. What can I do to fix the problem??

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

How long will the Token Exchange “Store” remain open after the official end of the Holiday Challenges?

Assuming that I manage to accumulate just enough tokens to purchase Shockwave, but it requires the final day of the challenge to do so, will I still have enough time to make my purchase after I get the final tokens added to my total?

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

Someone suggested updating the OS on my ipad in order to get these challenges to work. Ive been thinking of doing it anyway, so I just did it. No luck. Still no challenges!

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

Does the update 1.9.26.3 address the issues noted above?

PapiPJ
    @papipj

@gradientturtle7 Yesterday I won my side of the candycane challenge and didn’t received the 1k token prize, almost sure because I had the challenge window open. Isn’t there any way I can collect the prize?

AngerIssues
    @angerissues

So just won my event, but didn’t get my 1000 tokens… Presumably because of this bug.

Then I come here and read it’s due to a bug that no-one would know about unless they’d read it here.

Seriously? This has me wondering whether to quit playing again. *sigh* this game…

My feedback is that it’s incredibly frustrating to have yet another major bug that can rob players of hard-earned gems (let alone if players paid for them!!).

Not happy.

Philly
    @philhayler

I am *SOOOOOOOOOOOOO* friggin mad!! Was first in competition by a mile (thanks to spending at least a hundred gems) and I get second prize??! I was so livid! I have sent a complaint. If I do not get the missing tokens then I may consider taking this further as I can only be duped so much, and everyone else as well. As far as I know we have never ever received any compensation for pretty much EVERY bug occurred. I will await and see what to up says

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@jloabt

Thanks for your support. We’re working on a solution to help us better communicate through the app itself, to ensure this sort of important information reaches as many players as possible. I will of course continue to keep my eye on the posts here to see if there’s anything I can help with.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

To those who have encountered the issue resulting in lost tokens, I apologise once again. I appreciate that without stumbling upon my post here there was no way to know how to avoid it.

We are currently looking into how best to handle the tokens that have been lost this way, and I will let you know as soon as we have a solution. Rest assured this will be well before the end of the event.

ph
    @ph

@gradientturtle7 This is just a couple of questions – since the start of the holiday challenge was delayed, is the end being extended or the time frame shortened? Also how long will we be able to redeem our tokens?

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@ph

The event has been pushed back, rather than shortened. It will run until the end of December 26th. The token exchange will remain open for 5 days after the event ends.

Also, please note: We don’t intend for these tokens to be used elsewhere once the event is over, so feel free to spend them all at that point!

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@philhayler

I can take a look into this for you – could you please provide your Angry Birds Transformers username so that I can confirm your leaderboard position?

Philly
    @philhayler

My email is [email protected]

I already had a response from rovio more or less saying it’s not us it’s you which kinda enraged me more but what can I do :(

sammer48
    @sammer48

New Update? does anyone know anything about the December 16 update? I have spent a bit of time in the Holiday Challenge and would hate to lose my progress there. I just saw the update this morning and am being cautious, all input appreciated

AngerIssues
    @angerissues

@gradientturtle7

If there’s any way you could get me my 1000 tokens back that I won early this morning GMT (17th) I’d be very grateful. My username on the leaderboards is WRECKGAR. I did have the window open when the challenge ended so I’m sure that it was the bug you mention that was responsible. I had 733 points when the timer ran out on a challenge for the presents/gifts. I’d won one earlier too so I currently have 1940 tokens, when I should have 2940 (+ any others I get from now on). Not sure how much I’ll be able to play over Christmas so I was really trying to get enough tokens for Shockwave early on.

PapiPJ
    @papipj

@gradientturtle7 Thanks very much for keeping an eye on the lost token issue, it’s good to know that someone is hearing our voice. Keep up the good work.

Philly
    @philhayler

I agree I think it’s great someone’s taking an active role in all this can’t be fun either but yes I do appreciate it too

jb3pin
    @jb3pin

@gradientturtle7

I too was in first place on the first event, had the window open when the event expired and was never awarded the 1000 tokens. Especially disappointing since I played into Rovio’s tactics and used gems (that I had paid for) to keep competing and win the event. I hope Rovio can find a way to credit the missing tokens and/or do something else to make it right.

bertykat
    @bertykat

Maybe if I get annoyed I might get a response from somewhere? I have asked and emailed on 3 occasions with regard to the Christmas event….I think I can answer my own question seeing as it’s coming to an end…..and the Amazon app store is still stuck on the update from 6th Nov. Would’ve been nice to have known earlier

I’ll be more careful what I grab out of the closet in future….this invisibility cape causes such issues…

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@bertykat

I’m sorry I haven’t replied until now – I have taken a look into this, and I’m honestly not sure what the issue might be. Amazon definitely got update 1.9.26 (as per the ‘latest update’ description here), and I can see that players on Amazon devices are taking part in the event, so I don’t really know what to suggest. Can you confirm the version number that appears on the splash screen and at the top of the credits?

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Just to let you all know, we pushed a data update live today (1.9.26.5) which should help us to address the missing tokens issue experienced by several players. As soon as I have the details, I’ll let you know what steps to take to get your missing tokens restored. Thank you all for your patience.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.9

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.