Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.7

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.7

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@beastre Uh oh, I think you screwed yourself by doing that.

I wanted to notify you all of a known issue regarding cloud saves. Due to a change in the format in which cloud saves are stored, version 1.7 won’t be able to load save data from earlier versions of the game. This means that only local save data from currently installed versions of the game will be preserved. Because of this it’s important that players update their app directly from 1.x to 1.7 rather than deleting the app and installing 1.7 from scratch as this will result in the save being lost.

gradientturtle7

Beastre
    @beastre

yea, that’s what I’m thinking, too. any response, @gradientturtle7? Are my months and months of progress lost due to another screwed-up update from your company? (rank 375, over 11,000,000 coins, over 1,500 gems all transformers lv 12-14, not to mention months and months of daily attention to this game, god only knows how many commercials I’ve sat thru over and over and over….)

Beastre
    @beastre

@gradientturtle7, your silence is deafening

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@beastre it’s 7pm in Helsinki, so he’s probably at home having dinner.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

It doesn’t crash for me if I start it when I’m offline/airplane mode.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

@gradientturtle7

Hey when you get a chance can you tell the overlords that the Android version 1.7.9.2 crashes more than Helen Keller giving Stevie Wonder driving lessons while being supervised by Ray Charles!!! It would be really nice of they could figure out how to stabilize the platform from time to time. Just putting that out there.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@sntrooper

I just tried that, and I was able to actually get in to the game too.

Of course, as soon as I turned airplain mode off and my WiFi back on, the game promptly crashed.

Seems like it’s some kind of connectivity issue?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Crashing unless I turn on airplane mode as well. Even had to turn it on even though I didn’t have a wifi connection.

blockcheese
    @blockcheese

Airplane mode does allow game to load successfully…at least I was able to collect coins and (hopefully) restart that count.

One of the reviews on Play Store: “Everyone complaining should get a better phone” Really? Galaxy Note 4 not good enough?

Stunning rate of failure, Rovio.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Are there actually any changes to gameplay, or is this all supposed to be bug fixes? I haven’t noticed anything different after I updated to 1.7.12 for iOS.

AngrLee
    @angrlee

@blockcheese

I love it. A truly “STUNNING” rate of failure.

And for those not watching FB ABTDP or the other threads here, Rovio took down friends, epic, fight, and a bunch of their other apps over the last 36 hours. Glad Rovio is not in the ERP business. Might rival Oracle for incompetence. Probably about the same number of users too.

@gradientturtle7

Please respond in this thread. Even a simple “we are really sorry” would be appreciated. This is so past ridiculous.

@optimuspig

Nope, no changes. Unless you mean more unstable, changed economics, and largely unplayable. If that’s what you mean, then yes. There are some game play differences.

jman
    @jman

Still crashes on startup everytime. Will not crash if in airplane mode and can play as much as I want.

But when this is fixed do I keep my coins,gems, mats and all upgrades done while not being saved to cloud?

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hi all
    The download asset failure was a result of Rovio’s servers having an outage for a couple of hours. Unfortunately that coincided with the update going live through Apple. The 1.7 build was submitted several days ago so it is purely a coincidence but a very unfortunate one. Once the servers were back up and running we believe everything should have gone back to normal. If it hasn’t then we will have to investigate.

We also believe there is an issue with Android in the US only and are trying to get to the bottom of it. Because it is only occurring in the US we believe it might be to do with the ads being targeted there specifically.

We do take the comments on here very seriously. If we don’t respond immediately it’s usually because we are investigating and trying to get you all an answer, even if that answer might be bad news.

Robert Batek
    @robert-batek

Thanks for your update gradientturtle7. Seems like US Android is working again, at least on my LG4 and Samsung tablet. Version 1.7.9.2. Linked to Facebook successfully and no progress lost. Cheers.

ph
    @ph

@gradientturtle7 I thought this was supposed to fix the “updating progress” issue. Just got it again and lost gens, coins, etc. I am on IPhone 6 IOS 9.0.2

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Nnngh! Aw man that’s not what I want to hear. Sorry.
    Rest assured the team will look into it :(

ph
    @ph

And I have it again. I am going to wait until one of my missions has completed and try to sneak in to claim it. Sometimes that works.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Yeah, I just got an “Updating Progress” as well. WTH?

ph
    @ph

Still getting it. Tried art plane mode than back to wifi. No soap. Really concerned since I have played quite a few node, finished and started 3missions, used the lab and collected a lot of coins

Beastre
    @beastre

@bob-douglas, I’d love to see what you said, but if it’s anything like my profanity-laced farewell statement to Rovio that I just posted, it’ll never be seen!

ph
    @ph

@gradientturtle7 Here’s a little more information I forgot to include – no Facebook and only 1 device. I was working fine this AM until after I used the lab to convert excess inventory to whatever came up. Have been able to start play in airplane mode and then switch to wifi but once I leave and come back the dreaded “updating progress” pops up. Have not click checkbox so I haven’t lost any more stuff yet.

Bob Douglas
    @bob-douglas

Thanks. Mine is up and running too on my Kindle Android system. Love this game.
    A 62 year old kid.

Bob Douglas
    @bob-douglas

Game crashing upon initial startup. Island screen visible for approximately 3 seconds. Force Stopped game, cleared cache, restarted game multiple times, turned tablet off and on multiple times. Nothing helped. I’m playing from a Kindle Fire HD. Help.

ph
    @ph

@gradientturtle7 @rumblebee
    Is anyone actually working on the “restoring progress” issue? I just lost 250k coins and approx 80 gems because I was not paying close enough attention to which box popped – ‘video’ vs ‘restoring’.
    What about creating a button or ?? to allow the user to save their progress because it appears whatever is in place does not work.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@ph

Thanks for continuing to provide information on this issue. There are a number of circumstances that can lead to the issue recurring, and we are addressing them as we find them. The most frequent one was addressed in 1.7, and we are currently tackling a few more in 1.8, which shouldn’t be too far away.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.7

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.