Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.7

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.7

• Hello,

We’re aiming to release update 1.7 for Angry Birds Transformers on Android today (with iOS to follow as soon as we can). This fixes a number of crash bugs, as well as the ‘updating your progress’ bug that has affected a number of users here.

I wanted to notify you all of a known issue regarding cloud saves. Due to a change in the format in which cloud saves are stored, version 1.7 won’t be able to load save data from earlier versions of the game. This means that only local save data from currently installed versions of the game will be preserved. Because of this it’s important that players update their app directly from 1.x to 1.7 rather than deleting the app and installing 1.7 from scratch as this will result in the save being lost.

Any users who currently do not have ABT installed, but want to keep their cloud save progress if they install 1.7, should install 1.6 and log into Facebook as soon as possible.

After updating to 1.7 and syncing your local save your progress will be preserved and cloud saves will continue as normal. Thank you all for your continued support and feedback!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • Replies
  • monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

so you’re rovio

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Don’t forget to create a manual backup for the game before updating.

gemblung
    @kutu5353

@mighty-red-1
    How Do I create a manual backup?

kwc
    @kwcs

Think I’ll wait on this one… the updates seem to cause more problems than they fix. Have been running missions, collecting coins, and playing in the lab all weekend since the videos have been crashing every single time. Looks like more of the same for the time being.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@kutu5353 Use one of these methods.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

This update seems to be safe. My progress wasn’t reset. No “Updating progress” message. Had to reconnect the game to Facebook, nothing bad happened.
    Other than that, new scrambler missiles, the photo feature is back, and some new accessories for some characters.

karlphillip
    @karl-phillip-buhr

Here’s what I noticed about this update, besides annoying cosmetic changes:
    – (Sometimes) pigs in easy events are a lot harder to kill, making these events not as trivial to play as they once were. Maybe Rovio changed the firepower for some of the characters;
    – Silo space didn’t change;
    – Jenga didn’t change;
    – Not all missiles transform the character into a washing machine: they added new effects;
    – At the factory:
    * Gem rewards didn’t change (i.e. still suck);
    * The speed of the roulette is really random now;

The bug where you get a power that you already have in the factory is still there, as well as the other bugs we’ve known for the last 3 months.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Ok don’t be fooled, this “update” was nothing more than another money grab!!! I will bet you in the next week or less Rovio will stop their server side support of versions below 1.7 meaning anyone on an older version that still has the larger silo or still has the higher gem rewards in the lab will be forced to update the game, because the FB cloud will no longer support the old versions and I’m sure the games will crash (worse than they do now) when trying to sync to FB. The game crashes on start up, when loading a video, and just at random now, this update fixed NOTHING!!! Wow they added spot lights in pig city levels and timers over the spawning nodes so you know how much time is left (thank heavens for this I mean tapping on the node to see the time was HORRIBLE) and missiles that do more stupid stuff to your bot (I thought the idea was NOT to get hit by those) and the changed the bridge into pig city…. I mean wow its like a whole new game!!! (Please note the imense amount of sarcasim) Look up “Rovio Updates” in the dictionary now and all it says is EPIC FAIL!!!!

jman
    @jman

I upgraded and wish I hadn’t. Can’t do anything, freezes or crashes on startup at map screen. Restarted 10 times with no luck…

Android 5.1.1

AngrLee
    @angrlee

New update is horrible. Crash and hangs are worse than ever. Guaranteed crash on every video ad start. Freezes and crashes 9 out of 10 starts.
    Runs SLOW. If it doesn’t crash, and you play a node or a Jenga run, it is like slo-mo.
    Since yesterday late afternoon, the game has basically become unplayable.

This is not an UPdate. It is a DOWNdate. Avoid at all costs.

EDIT: Now, the game is not only crashing the app, it is now crashing my tablet to an auto-reboot.

Come on Rovio. This is ridiculous.

And while I am at it, since Rovio change the total game economics, when will they change the gems required to re-spin in the lab or gems to accelerate a Mission to complete. If 90% of the Lab recipes have less than 10 gems potential, who would EVER spend 5 gems to re-spin or spend 50 gems to accelerate a Mission to complete.

Andriod 5.1.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S and Samsung Note Edge

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jman @angrlee Your crashes, freezes and whatnot are connected to your Android version. The game is still not optimized to work flawlessly on versions beyond 4.4 (right, @gradientturtle7?).

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@mighty-red-1 Actually, we support up to Android 5.1.1. We will regularly drop support for some older versions of an OS, but we’ll always test it on the latest.

Sorry to hear that some players are experiencing issues with this update. Since we’re unable to test the ads that are served to each different country, please report any crashes resulting from specific ads to customer services so they can be individually addressed.

Since it’s been mentioned, please note that we do not support the use of third-party applications to back up or restore game data. This can result in circumstances that have not been tested, which makes it very difficult for us to reproduce any issues that might occur as a result.

If neither of the above apply, please let us know where your issue occurs, the device model you’re using and the OS version installed and we’ll do our best to track the issues down.

karlphillip
    @karl-phillip-buhr

@gradientturtle7 I follow all your posts and don’t remember reading anything about improvements to Jenga. It was rendered useless after these last few updates.
    Can you comment what kind of changes are being done?

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Ok so Rovio KNOWS this update is hosed, I just watched my game go from version 1.7.9.0 to 1.7.9.1, yup already released the 1st patch the SAME day as the update…. oh and the game still crashes like Ray Charles giving Stevie Wonder driving lessons!!! I think I’m giving up on ABT for a while its just not worth it anymore.

AngrLee
    @angrlee

@gradientturtle7

All ads being served to the US are hosed right now. They play for 3-4 seconds then crash the app. That is your AB2 ad, the Mario Bros ad, the Halloween movie ad, the AB Friends ad, everything. Can’t get through a single ad. Thats why I believe it not to be an ad issue but rather an app issue.
    My Mission Portals are blocked rigt now because despite me using 3x Lvl15 on ALL of them, I still get four keys by like one tick or two ticks. Gimme a break.

Regarding your suggestion that WE report the ads to your customer service, would be ever so nice of you to report the issue and have them fix it. Clearly you are assigned to watch this forum. Don’t they give you some extra credibility when you say that your power users in the US are having issues?

What is interesting is that I just traveled to India and Philippines. Not a SINGLE issue. Not with ads, crashing, nothing. Used it in London, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Manila. No issues.

Hit the US, and boom, back to crash city.

maybelline
    @maytyeung

Just to add some feedback: this update to 1.7 fixed all the bugs and glitches I had for the past month including crashing even at the tutorial level, failing to load etc. back up loaded nicely from fb cloud, progress, gems and rank intact. new option to fb login at the start so you don’t have to play through to load previous status. So far so good. app playing like it used to. No ads running but thats ok. running android 5.1.1.

AngrLee
    @angrlee

@andrewmarlor is right. Forced the app to update over cell network since I am traveling and lookie there. magically went from 1.7.9 to 1.7.9.1 and the ads are now working.

@gradientturtle7
    You might want to ask your dev team to keep you in the loop.

So, for those having ad crash issues, force an update. Doesn’t seem anything MORE changed, but time will tell.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Hey I lost 3 achievements!!! Went from all 86 back to 83. What’s up with that!!!! Well completed one of them and did get the 10 gems for it so can’t be too upset. Use 3 SR, enter astrotrain as a washing machine (deceptipig bot), and have partner/energon icon/self all target same target are the 3 I get to redo.

Chuckles
    @chuckles

My big issues so far with the update is that I can no longer link with Facebook, and the ad’s crashing the game when trying to receive rewards at the end of nodes. So I am concerned with all the crashes that my game may no longer be backed up to Facebook.

maybelline
    @maytyeung

@ chuckles – me too! it updated to 17.9.1 just now and the ads started playing pre-node, but FB link doesn’t seem to be active anymore. attempts to connect to FB don’t go anywhere. ads didnt crash yet but now, it freezes (again) at the map. had a couple good runs in before the glitches started up again.

omp180
    @omp180

So if you can’t sign onto facebook, how does it save?

I am still on 1.16.31, I am too scared to update in fear of losing my items (gems mostly) & then I read it is not recommended to use the likes of Helium?

maybelline
    @maytyeung

so the fb back up to cloud seems to be back ….

starscream
    @starscream

Gradientturtle can you give us any idea of when an update is coming that will open up new areas of the island to play?

Chuckles
    @chuckles

Able to connect to FB now. All is good.

ABTonAndroid5guy
    @abtonandroidguy

v17.9.1 allowed me to play for a few minutes, then hung playing a video, now crashes consistently at every restart at the map, not even enough time to collect a coin. . . so disappointing!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Angry Birds Transformers Update 1.7

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.