Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 479 total)
  • Replies
  • sparty83
    @sparty83

@e-star,
    I don’t have the ability do do vids (anymore, long story). But if you come across a level and need any assistance as to the location of the coins, just let me know. I tried to do as many levels as possible without swaps, but there were a few where I was getting tired and just wanted to get that one last PITA coin

I do have all the screen caps, but I have not gone through and labeled each coin. If someone with awesome graphic skills wants to label them, I don’t have a problem with that.

E-Star
    @e-star

@Sparty83 Awww you lost the power of video making? So sorry to hear that. I kept my iPad2 on iOS5.2 and didn’t switch to the new iPad Air until I was certain I could jailbreak it and record again, which is now a fact for me since the beginning of this year. Anyway thanks for the offer to lend a hand if I need it. I will certainly keep that in mind!

As to the screenshots and the labeling them, I think with the walkthroughs coming shortly the need for labeling them is less necessary. But if after the walkthroughs there is a need for the gallery I am more than happy to label them. I also am making the screenshots, so thanks for the offer and again all the work, but it is in my system to make a screen when I start recording for the nest.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sparty83 — It looks like you are finished, and still only 914! Gaah and Grr! Will ping Rovio again about whether there is a bug in b2-20. I asked already (last Thurs, I think), but it is Easter weekend.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@sparty83 Happy Easter!

That would be most awesome, and definitely appreciated! If they are organized I can definitely create a gallery page, and also use them when the walkthroughs are ready.

Do you want to try to email them to me? If that doesn’t work, we can coordinate via email how to exchange them. Let me know if that sounds like a plan.

Thanks!

BL

Joey
    @joeyba

@sparty83 thx for ur answer
    i did not keep track of the levels but i would like to look at ur pictures and check level by level to find out where i’m missing the 2 coins… i looked everywhere but it seems i’m not seeing them.. how can i have a look at the pics?

I’m sure in the reward levels i’m not missing any because i counted before i played.

sparty83
    @sparty83

@joeyba,

I created an album on imageshack. I just did a bulk upload of all pictures. Sorry, but they are not in any sort of order. Tomorrow night I will delete that album and create 8 new albums, one for each episode. Sorry, but I don’t have the time to do it tonight.

https://imageshack.com/a/gdMq/1

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Is there a nonswap way to get the coins on PR12? I nailed 1 coin (nearest) but the last 2 are resisting.

Tx. Also I think that is torturous, saying “Yes 1000 coins,” then “Oops 940.”

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Gelfling — Did you read all the previous pages? I think it is possible, but don’t remember how.
    Last I heard there were only 920 per Rovio, is 940 a typo?
    Still only have 914 identified.

Joey
    @joeyba

@sparty83 i checked ur pics even though not in order. It’s a great job and I finally found my 2 missing coins (P1-14: those 2 coins were hidden behind the Telepod icon)
    thx thx thx :) now i still need to collect 10 coins to get the full 914 everyone is talking about. Hologram and Tusken I’m still waiting for you to open your levels and get your coins. Also PR-5 which is driving me crazy..

NB: maybe it’s worth mentioning those 2 coins in P1-14 on page 2 (if u can Edit) because they r well hidden and some people won’t find them easily.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvlna2. you are right my bad 920 points, typo. From previous page, “Angry Birds HQ confirmed there are 920 coins total, via twitter.”

If anyone remembers successful strategy for PR-12, I’d appreciate it. The coins are inside the coral/rock. I got the first coin slamming the rock with the sled, but everything else I’ve tried, even traitor swaps like Mace Windu have flopped.

About coins people can’t find. I’m pretty good at spotting them, and so far the more difficult ones were near the obvious coins but hidden behind a bush/whatever. Some of those were wicked.
    Tx

Gelfling
    @gelfling

Correction. I just figured this out. If anyone else has trouble with this there is a non-swap solution.

Coins on PR -12
    The first pig-sled can clear out the top rock of all frogs. If you release the sled very low, barely above the concrete, it circles clockwise, avoiding obstacles. Before hitting the rightmost frog in his own bubble, a hard turn directly toward the rightmost tnt will blow up both TNT’s and all of the upper frogs.
    Then the next two sleds are each aimed toward the thinnest parts of the rock near the coins. The first sled I slammed just to the right where that rightmost TNT had been, and the second sled in the part of the rock where the five frogs in bubbles had been, again in the thinnest part of the rock.

Thought I’d contribute this, since I have benefited from all of your contributions. It is not easy putting these things into words!

Back to the Vikings.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sparty83 @EricBirdz — Been trying with spectacular lack of success to get exact coin count verified by Rovio. Rovio support most recently said
    “The game team has not told us the exact number of hidden coins, so we are unable to tell it.”
    Come on Rovio! Where did Angry Birds get 920? Can’t support talk to the game team?

swellD
    @swelld

@mvnla2 @sparty83 @ericbirdz thanks for all your hard work!
    I don’t know why but this morning the hunt for the coins struck me as a funny alternative to the movie “Used Cars” and the “miles of cars” commercial. If you haven’t seen it you should.
    You know it occurs to me that rovio has kinda created a false advertisement for the coins. While it is generous of them on the surface, do you think that it generated any additional coin purchases to help find those coins?
    Their own in game add for the giveaway states the there are 1000 coins hidden in the game. Not: nearly, almost, about or sort of.
    For a physics and math based company I think they have dropped the ball on this one.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SwellD — I totally agree. I think I will be able to finish opening all rewards levels and collect all the coins we know about without spending any real money.
    If you do start collecting coins, I hope you will keep track of how many you find on each level and compare to @Sparty83’s list on p.2, which has been updated based on agreement with @EricBirdz. I say this as someone who didn’t start counting until half-way finished. I am particularly suspicious of levels with hollow logs, and B2-20, which appears to have no coins.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — I got the coins on PR-12 by repeatedly slamming the sled into the top surface of the rock near the coins (this is near the first coin).

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 — We are in agreement on sled slamming! I gave 2 different place to aim the sled and you another. It is hard to remember because you can’t repeat it, so thanks for remembering.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gelfling — Wasn’t hard to remember since I just did it today!
    I’ve now opened all rewards levels and collected all the coins on @Sparty83 and @EricBirdz’ list.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla2 I gave up on counting coins almost immediately because you can’t replicate what you have done and so there would be a high error rate and very high frustration index, better to finish the level.

I can’t get over the feeling that there was a conference room at Rovio where the programmers are laughing until they cry about how obsessive we can get.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@mvnla — Congratulations!

sparty83
    @sparty83

@gelfling,

I don’t know if taking screen captures of all 188 levels prior to collecting the coins, making a spread sheet of every level with the coin counts, taking approx 2 weeks repeating each level over and over and over to try to find hidden coins, then taking all the original screen caps and numbering all 914 coins would make me obsessive.

(would it???)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sparty83 — We appreciate your obsessiveness. Wish Rovio would take some time to verify how many coins they actually added.

Joey
    @joeyba

I agree with @sparty83 and @mvnla2 It would be nice of Rovio to finally tell us exactly the right number of coins after 20 days of frustration! (we are almost all ok that 920 coins are not there!!)
    It’s a kind way to appreciate our devotion to this game and how much, let’s face it, we’re obsessed with.

Joey
    @joeyba

@mvnla2 did you use the coins to open the reward levels or you got the characters needed by melting?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@joeyba — I ended up using most of the coins I had collected to buy characters, but I didn’t spend real money. Certainly the melts helped, because a few days ago I didn’t have enough coins to buy all the characters for the rewards levels I hadn’t opened. Before the Galactic Giveaway came out, I never used coins to buy characters, or used swaps. I now have a lot of characters I don’t know what I’ll do with.

Joey
    @joeyba

edit: sorry @mvnla2 for misspelling ur name

ur right we do have lots of characters now and I’m pretty sure I’m not going to use them! I mean once we get the reward character, that’s it!
    I’m still missing Tusken and Hologram: i have enough coins to buy them but I’m hesitating. I’m afraid to use the coins now and miss something better later..

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.