Angry Birds Seasons crashing upon loading

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Seasons crashing upon loading

• My issue started yesterday when i opened Seasons as usual way as soon as i pressed play, the app crashed
    This seems to only be affecting Android Devices.

There is a temporary (hopefully temporary) fix , that @gumby passed on to me from @meanguy .

I wasn’t sure where to post it so here it is..

. Turn off wifi then hard close Seasons. Then reopen Seasons

I was them able to turn Wi-Fi back on

This morning was the same issue but i was using mobile data.  same fix .

Oh andto Hard Close I exit out of seasons by hitting the back button until it says “Are you sure you want to quit” Then clear it from my screen

Go into settings , clear cache n force stop.

Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • Replies
  • meanguy
    @meanguy

@kathy  I just received your message. Yesterday I had this same problem on both android & BlueStacks. Before contacting the Nest, I wrote to both Rovio and BlueStacks about this issue. That was before I found the, hopefully temporary,  solution (Wifi off/ open seasons/ turn wifi back on).

This morning,on my PC, I had to turn off my internet connection, then open Seasons, then re-connect to the internet. It worked fine. I then tried turning off Seasons, & turning it back on, only to have the same problem again.

While I was doing this I received emails from Rovio & BlueStacks.

Rovio says they are now aware of this problem and have their “development team” working on it. They hope to have it figured out soon, but it will require a new update to Seasons to correct the issue.

BlueStacks also says that they are now aware of this problem. They further recommend that everyone using BlueStacks 2 should update to BlueStacks 3, their latest iteration. They would then like everyone that updates to contact them and let them know whether or not it fixed the problem.

Personally, I do not want to update BlueStacks unless I absolutely have to. When they made me update to BlueStacks 2, I lost ALL my Angry Birds scores. Also, upgrading to BlueStacks 3 would do nothing to help with the problem on my android-based tablet.

Hopefully, this issue will get fixed sooner than later.

sparty83
    @sparty83

@kathy and @meanguy,

I was having issues with Seasons crashing on my android (6.0) phone about 20 seconds after opening. It started yesterday, the 30th.  I never did try airplane mode. It would run fine on my wife’s ipad air (connected to the net). Today, 31 aug, around noon eastern us, i was able to get in to seasons and it stayed running. Have not has any crashes since. (now 820pm)

Kathy
    @kathy

Hey @sparty83 i actually meant to contact you about this, sorry then i had personal issues happen and kinda went by the wayside! ya it seems to be an Android issue .

@meanguy
    I don’t know Bluestacks v is that an Android based platform?
    also there’s another forum about this issue, that I wasn’t aware of when i started this one, I’m going to copy your answer from Rovio and paste it in there.
    ya i hope they fixed this soon and Any update Doesn’t screw up anything else.
    since @wingmanjuan pretty much said Seasons is not a priority of Rovio anymore, x is been put on the Back back , way back burner! not with this issue but as far as Updates

Kellie
    @kelliekay

I have been having the same issue since yesterday. Shutting off WiFi worked as far as getting Seasons to open. After turning WiFi back on, as soon as I tried to get into daily challenge it closed completely again.

Kathy
    @kathy

@kelliekay Do you mean the Pig Challenge? That happened to me at first, then i tried waiting a while, flinging a regular level, making sure the ‘watch a video, for coins ‘ things stopped spinning. then the challenge opened ok

meanguy
    @meanguy

@sparty83

I am glad that Seasons is now working on your device.

After receiving your message, I checked both of my android-based tablets. With the wifi on, Seasons will not open on either one ( I have a 6 year old Toshiba forever stuck with 4.0.4, ice cream sandwich, and a 3 year old Lenovo running 5.0.1, lollipop).

Yesterday I was able to get into Seasons only after turning off my wifi connection on both tablets. Today, as of 9pm, Florida time, I still cannot open Seasons with the wifi on. However, once I get Seasons open, I can turn the wifi back on and keep playing.

Kathy
    @kathy

Same here @meanguy Seasons won’t open with WiFi or mobile data connection on, but with it off Ii Can open it. then after a few minutes i turn WiFi on, then add i said to @Kellykay above, i wait until videos are working to play anything needing an internet connection.
    Thank Goodness for the Nest,, without it we’d all probably think something wrong that couldn’t be fixed! I know i was thinking the worst until i @Gumby told me about your ‘fix’ thanks again!

Kellie
    @kelliekay

@kathy yes, I meant the pig challenge. I tried your suggestion but it didn’t work. I get the log in screen, but as soon as I hit the login button (whether as guest or with Facebook) the app closes. I guess I will just have to wait for the update.

Kathy
    @kathy

@kelliekay you can open Seasons after turning WiFi off, can you play any of the levels with WiFi still off?
    If so do that, play a random level for a few minutes, then turn WiFi on, then still play random level for a few (like 20 minutes) click on the ‘+’ button in the top right and make sure all those ‘buy coin’ things aren’t spinning. once they are done spinning then you know your connected, then you should be able to play Pig Challenge.
    it’s confusing i know and a Pita! hopefully b it’ll be fixed soon.. good luck

Suikyo
    @suikyo

Can Rovio let us set up an account to store our progress, coins and power ups like Angry Birds Epic? I don’t want to lose them.

suddeneyes
    @suddeneyes

THANK YOU.

This fix works, for the time being, which is great. Although it’s really hard to do the Hard Close before the “welcome” screen crashes.

I hope Rovio can fix ASAP.

Kellie
    @kelliekay

@kathy That worked, thanks. Unfortunately since I had been going in under a guest I’d, and logged in with a FB ID yesterday thinking that was the problem (I don’t recall seeing a lot in  screen for the Pig Challenge prior to this issue with the app crashing), I lost all my trophies progress in the Pig Challenge as well as some of the episodes that I had previously purchased with coins. . At least it doesn’t look like I lost any of my coins or powerups. I tried going back in as a guest, but it looks like a new I’d was assigned. Since I don’t recall my previous guest ID and I am not sure I could access it if I did, I guess I am out of luck as far as my trophies go. Oh well… it’s just a game after all, not the end of the world. Just annoying….

Anyways..thanks for all your help. Happy flinging.

Kathy
    @kathy

That would be great @suikyo, i don’t understand why they can’t. like you can save Seasons progress by singing in with FB (which still isn’t a guarantee imo)
    and ABO you can sign in with your Rovio account , why can’t they do that for all of AB apps ¿

@suddeneyes
    Happy you got it to work, as for the hard close , i think if it crashes, as long as you clear it from your recent apps, then go to settings and clear cache force stop , with WiFi off it, then restsrt your device with WiFi off it should still work.

Kathy
    @kathy

Aww that sux @kelliekay that you lost all you trophies :( but ya it’s only a game after all but still!! I don’t know if I’d take it so well, but i guess what other choice is there..
    I’m happy you were able to at least get back into Seasons 😉🐣
    I got tired of stuff like this happening so now i have a notebook with all my sign in info, pw’s Id’s etc. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve lost progress in Most of my Angry Birds apps.
    I haven’t been able to get into the Pig Challenge yet today , I’m going to try again now. take care Happy Flinging 🐣

jhe888
    @jhe888

Same problem on my Samsung S7 Edge. It won’t even run with Wifi turned off, including after a forced stop in Apps. It starts and crashes within seconds.

ixan57
    @ixan57

@jhe888 there is two forums going on this one. See also seasons trouble. @greblyn raised a ticket with rovio last week and I raised ticket today. Reply development team still working on it and will get a update out when a fix is available. As @kathy states DO NOT DELETE DATA when force stopping or clearing cache or uninstall for that matter if you don’t want to lose rewards/progress

Kathy
    @kathy

@jhe888 you may want to look at the suggestions in the Seasons Trouble forum, i didn’t realize there was already an open discussion when i started this one.
    I’ve posted steps to take that have helped others, it’s definitely a PITA!!
    There are a few tickets open in this issue as @ixan57 mentioned. the main thing is to open Seasons without WiFi or mobile connection, but following the other steps first definitely speed up the process!

@all Has anyone noticed after turning WiFi or mobile back in and Flinging for a while there are no more presents containing power ups, no presents at all 😮

Kathy
    @kathy

Seems AB2 is also experiencing issues with presents not showing, hmmm Now I’m sure Rovio will fix that one it’s a money maker!

Kathy
    @kathy

Another issue ,I found once after Seasons crashed, upon restarting after all the correct shutdown steps, it wanted me to ‘log in’ to FB and Everytime i hit the ‘log in button’ nothing happened, so i just finally hit the ‘continue playing’ button and it brought me back to the level i was playing before crash, with all my progress intact as it never logged me out!
    hope that makes sense? so don’t panic if it won’t let you log in , just bypass it.

jitsu
    @jacco

why dont react nobody on my topic of this game?

Pig challenge crash when wifi is turned on.this site is not really helpful at all.delete the game on my tablet.this game is dead like this forum.

Kathy
    @kathy

@jacco Sorry if no one has seen your previous posts?  i didnt see a post from you until now

there is nothing any of us or anyone @AngrybirdsNest can do to fix this. it is up toRovio

try the steps listed above and you will be able to open the pig challenge.

good luck

ixan57
    @ixan57

@jacco sorry you feel this way about the forum, I can assure you that if you’re topic was seen on the forum you would have had a response from a nesters. As you can see there is a load of advice posted on this topic. Also see seasons trouble. we are all trying to get a resolve. Please stick with it.

Kathy
    @kathy

@ixan57 Could you send me the link to the Rovio ‘contact us ‘ page ?
    I get there and sign in but There seems to be an issue contacting them, it just keeps bringing me back to the beginning? I swear!!! well i won’t lol 🐣 Thank you my friend,,*Cheers*

ixan57
    @ixan57

@kathy hope the link works, you know what my technical skills are like.you don’t need to sign in, scroll down to the submit request bit and take it from there

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Seasons crashing upon loading

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.