Angry Birds GO! Help!!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Angry Birds GO! Help!!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 175 total)
  • Replies
  • Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

I find it easier to just blame Facepork for everything right now in that case… Haha!

Anyways, would anyone be interested in a guide for making ABGO run on low to mid-spec Android devices?

Who knows it can help users of newer hardware too if you are encountering stuttering, crashes, etc.

Not so impressed with Android after seeing how poorly it manages system resources and force-closes apps at what looks to be the slightest hiccups.

Chris
    @chriss

Hi everyone. Which kart do you think is the best for the fruit levels in the Stunt episode? I am unable to collect enough fruits in the last 2 races.

JP2400
    @jp2400

The Weaver XT is fine. I think the key for fruit races is “handling”. This has to be good. But be aware. With to much handling, you cannot drift anymore, which make is impossible to finish the drift/fruit challenges.

Concerning my problem, I have send a support ticket to Rovio. Let’s see if they can fix it.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

@chriss – as @jp2400 says, Handling to chase fruit is important! Achieving the collection target for no. of fruits quicker means the remaining fruit converts immediately to Bird Coins. Collect them all!

However in later race seasons you are going to face very stiff competition from several other competitors who are bound to want to zip ahead of you and steal your fruit, making it impossible to win the level. Thus what at first was a peaceful watermelon splitting exercise becomes a mad dash off the start line and extremely high acceleration and top speed becomes crucial instead. Early bird… gets the most fruit :)

Also quite ironic that Bomb bird becomes quite useful for competitive fruit splatting. All depends on the nature of the competition (obviously Stella is the best for peaceful splatting, due to the bubblegum special power…).

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

There is a serious glitch in game as @lostgreybird pointed out in article https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-go-first-look-and-guide/comment-page-2/#comment-953472
    I had kart upgrades in Rocky Road world that cost me 7000-8000 each. I thought it was normal and I spent over 30000 bird coins. Then I lost my connection, opened Rocky Road again to realize that next upgrade to evolve kart speed to max cost only 1900 BC, while other upgardes cost between 750 – 1500 coins. Just isn’t fair I played a lot to save and as it comes out I was overcharged and have to play again and again, countless times to earn those coins.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

I just got my Where’s my Water 2 update. Disney removed energy system from game after recieving many negative comments. Now, I find there’s still hope Rovio will do this in next update.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

@cosmo2503 – While it may be a form of ‘siding with the developer’ I prefer if the energy format were tweaked so that players themselves can gather fuel, food or supplies on their own to mitigate energy loss. After all, nutrition, medicine, fuel, tyres, etc are a huge subject for any serious motorsports event. Everything is highly regulated for peak performance, even the driver.

In ‘some other’ F2P games there are similar things to the energy matter but usually smart developers will manage their in-game economy so that players will never be forced to spend real money unless they have spent a while in the game and are familiar with how everything works.

It is mainly developers “from a certain Eastern country” who spam ads and IAPs just about everywhere because they are literally following a mathematical formulae to maximize profits at the expense of the player’s immersion and quality of experience.

ABGO is not at ‘that’ extreme and Rovio does know what they’re doing considering the amount of thought and attention to detail given to each and every title. In any event I prefer working with said developer instead of placing all too obvious demands on them.

After all, they’re likely, like all publishing houses, to be under severe time constraint to release ABGO ‘by holiday’ season. The release went without a hitch more or less and I am thankful that it didn’t end up as a disaster story like “a certain German bus simulator” which beta tested fine then blew itself up on everyone who tried to run the game.

Even when I am confronted with that kind of disaster (spending 39.90 EUROs on unplayable game!) just talking to the developer or developers’ staff generally yields a good natured explanation. Given time, liberty and constructive feedback to work with, they will work to a fine compromise for all. They don’t deserve hate and impatience in return.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@les-toreadors I am satisfied with energy meter in AB GO! now. It did bother me in above mentioned WMW2 as it run before I figured out how to solve (3 ducked) puzzle, but it is quite O.K. in AB GO! with couple birds ready for race. As I said on other thread there is price glitch in my game that stopped me from upgrading karts until I get reply from Rovio’s support staff. I earned 100 000 coins talking challenges during weekend and I calculated that I would need 1,6 M, if these prices are correct, just for upgrading primary karts in Air Flight and Stunt episodes, then probably an other million for second kart in all other episodes (to take “win race with 2 different karts” challenge). However, I hope, those outrageous prices, ARE glitch that would be fixed in next update, which I hope would come before holidays.
    As you said, you spent 39.99 euros on unplayable game, I understand frustration. I also spent a lot on Telepods (which are really nice toys) to realize I need to play hundreds hours to upgrade their performances.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Oh yeah, thanks for making it clear @cosmo2503, I appreciate the debate/discussion, keeps my pig mind working :)

The issue about the power of cash-paid items is actually an issue with the game designer himself, and also the target market intended for the game. If you find Telepod play too grindy (karts expensive to upgrade) this is something to write a constructive essay on and fire it to Rovio. They need to sort it out on the developer end and rebalance it in an update or something.

From how I see it, I don’t think ABG is intended to be a game that requires Asian MMO kind of grinding. If any game needs you to grind 500 hours to get one single virtual unit upgraded that’s a bit absurd I agree.

Do you have a screenshot showing the current upgrade costs for various Telepods? Because novice players are going to scan the Telepods I’m sure they don’t want to go out and read gameguides saying “Free L4 karts are faster” which is actually the case now, ironically.

I think it’s a bit hard to discuss the issue without a few screenshots and a little time spent with @dh-kim to relate his game experiences with late-game tuning costs.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@les-toreadors thank you for reply. I will take screenshots showing upgrade costs tonight. I already have two in my album, showing difference in prices for the same upgrade on my ipad and my phone.

coldy
    @coldy

Wow, you’ve seen this hack to play?
    http://gamesspott.com/angry-birds-go-hack/

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

Hacks? They’re only for those who are not skilled enough, Fairplay :)

As @Les-Toreadors always mentioned, I had the game finished and got all racers within a week without a single IAP.

And I really want to say not to buy IAP Karts. Their maxed out performances are not that exceptional, L4 “Iron Bolt” that came from L1 “Semi-Skimmer” has faster max speed than L6 “Super Roaster”!

Also there seems to be little use of the gems. Use them for recharging energy of skipping challenges. Some challenges like “Totally trash 3 opponents” are extraordinarily hard to obtain. Not recommended to get coins by gems: not efficient.

sqlartist
    @sqlartist

Hi there all,

I am upto last character, and many many challenges complete. Pretty much mastered all the tracks but I have to say the challenges – miss the fruit and hit an opponent with your special power and to a lesser extent finish the race without your kart Are killing me. The sprite collisoon seems so random for “missing” things and the same with special power.

I love this game – same sort of rush as any version of Mario Kart and the challenges Are a neat feature but progression is almost impossible with challenges complete except those I just metioned.

The massive coin costs have killed me as well – I noticed an update which dropped cost a tiny bit today.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

@sqlartist – There’s actually no endgame content for the challenges (besides score bragging rights in the Facebook friend’s list), so if you find the scripted objectives annoying, simply do not do them.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Would you please post a screenshot of that: I do believe you just whant to see it.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hoo this last post it is for @DH Kim I touch on his reply but didn’t work.

sqlartist
    @sqlartist

@les-toreadors
    thanks les, I’m not worried about endgame content just earning enough coins and I’m running out of options as the only challenges available are ones with impossible tasks – but specifically I am convinced the sprite collision for both hitting with power up unless it’s the tornado or missing fruit is not quite right. I’m not saying impossible because I have rarely used them ok.

I have no Facebook friends that I know that play the game rather sadly.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Ahh got it, thanks for clarifying @sqlartist – what I do is just ignore the challenge and splat fruits or play Beat the Fuse over and over again with all characters until they run out of energy. You get lots’ o’ coins at intermediate levels. It’s not as boring as it sounds, and I can earn a few thousand coins easily before I fall asleep playing the thing.

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

@Nacho18 — L4 Iron Bolt and L6 Super Roaster does not have significant difference; L4 even has higher Max Speed.

L4 Iron Bolt: http://angrybir.de/1d7Ul1A
    L6 Super Roaster Stats: http://angrybir.de/1d7UnGO

I got all 12 racers as well: http://angrybir.de/1d7UuCd + http://angrybir.de/1d7UvpV

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

BTW, I always have trouble drifting in Air and Stunt. How ’bout you all?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@dh-kim I am not sure what you mean by saying you have problems with drifting in Air and Stunt. You are marvellous in game and far better then me, so I think your expectations are set up much higher then mine. I didn’t have problems to complete challenges like “drift 25 times in race”, maybe you reached point when you need to drift 100 times? Am I right? Do you have screenshots of your Stunt karts? I wonder what are requirements to beat Chuck in Champion Chase.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Does @anybody have any advices on how to pick up those high positioned fruits in the Air Flight, before final landing , track 2? My kart/plane just can’t reach that hight and goes below leaving fruits untouched.

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

@Cosmo2503 — Never! All the time, my Air & Stunt Karts cornered smoothly, rather than a drift, while Seedway & Rocky Road Karts drifted perfectly. It’s nearly impossible to drift 20+ per race. OMG.

This is my Stunt Kart L4 Point Breaker, forefather of L6 Shoemerang. http://angrybir.de/1eEcaZF

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@dh-kim, as I said I did complete “drift 25 times” challenge on iPad, so it might be device related issue.
    Thanks for sharing pic. I did wrong choice at beginning choosing Mega Rocket L6, which is probably the weakest one. However i hope it has enough capacity when fully upgraded to beat Chuck.
    I noticed that you probably spent gems from game and I wonder what is the best thing you can spend gems on?

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

@Cosmo2503

Use them for recharging energy of skipping challenges. Some challenges like “Totally trash 3 opponents” are extraordinarily hard to obtain. Not recommended to get coins by gems: not efficient.

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Angry Birds GO! Help!!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.