Angry Birds GO! Help!!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Angry Birds GO! Help!!!!

• Yesterday I downloaded Angry Birds GO! game from New Zealand iTunes appstore. I couldn’t wait anymore as I was eager to try it. Oh, I am so didappointed. I will not complain about IAPs, enough is said on numerous game reviews on the Internet. However, am clueless about telepods usage in game. I successfully scanned them all but I can’t see them (telepod sign) in game and can’t use them for kart or character swap. I am not sure anymore, I expected that telepods would change special karts during game but now I am not sure. I can only purchase them in game and prices vary from 5 US dollars to 100 US dollars.
    Have anyone tried it already? Can you please help me with some advices. What am I doing wrong?
    Finally what’s up with Countdown to AB GO! ? I get bored after 4 level and didn’t try to complete all 8. What’s reward for completing all? Rovio said we can use rewards from „Countdown“ later in real game. How to do that?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 175 total)
  • Replies
  • SeasonsKing
    @theangrybird

The countdown app is supposed to let you receive rewards for the real game, so when the game really begins, you should already have an advantage.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@theangrybird I KNOW I will get some reward in game I was asking what reward is. Also I wondered and asked if anyone reached level 8.

SeasonsKing
    @theangrybird

Should be coins? Maybe

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

This guy posted a vid while playing the game. Lol, his commentary. but yeah, this should give some people an idea of what the game will be like.
    here

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@thislilpiggy — Great video, if you don’t mind the language.
    Don’t have the game yet– How do you control your car (on iPad or Mac)?

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

@mvnla2 I’m not sure about Mac, but you hold your device with both hands and turn it like it’s a steering wheel

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@thislilpiggy — Thanks for the info. Sounds do-able on an iPad. I was afraid that you had to use keys (very old school, I admit). Would prefer to play on iPad anyway.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@all I am already hooked up. This game is awesome playing with all telepods. I will add more comments after official release.

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

well..i have the game now. i am NOT happy. it’s slow and the graphics are choppy on my old outdated tablet. i can’t wait for christmas. hopefully my new tablet is better. i’m kinda crying right now. it’s not fair :(

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Don’t be sad @thislilpiggy, graphics on iPad is great, maybe you’ll get it for x-mass (and hopefully some nice telepods set). Good luck!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy, anyone else? There aren’t many carts that you can buy with in-game coins, at least not in the early levels. Are you ever able to buy a spiffy cart with in-game coins, or are you doomed to lose all races past a certain point unless you spend real money?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@mvnla2 I’ve unlocked all but 2 characters so far and haven’t paid a penny.

(I’ll specify that the last 2 characters I think I’ll get with time.)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy — Is unlocking characters more important than getting spiffy carts? My question was about carts, not characters.
    So I take it you’ve been winning a lot of races, even without one of the super carts?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Interesting — When I played earlier today, as a guest, I got to the second set of tracks, but now I am back on the first! Guess I need to sign-in?

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

We’re pretty far into the game without any inapp purchases required.

Users are getting about 5k bird coins due to their use of the Countdown app.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Les-Toreadors — How do the countdown points transfer to the game?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@mvnla2 I completed only 4 levels in Countdown application and got 3000 coins, you can transfer coins by entering code you got in countdown into actual game.
    As for IAPs I got all Telepods so I can’t say how far you can go without paying real money, but it is possible if one spend all day playing as in most freemium games. The only cons so far is that energy meter, I’d love if I knew this before I beat Stella. I’d play more to collect more coins for upgrading my carts, now I have only 22k coins and 100 diamonds.
    I think that Rovio’s accounts for Android and iOS are separated, I’d try to play on my phone on go (without telepods) to see how far I can go.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

In actual gameplay for my bunch of piglets the energy stuff wasn’t that much of a drawback. This game is after all not meant to be completed in one extended marathon but appreciated over time. Between this and Bad Piggies the crew, families and I were all adequately entertained without being frustrated by limited energy.

The top Bad Piggies player from Korea has gone all the way up to the Stunt levels without a single IAP. I myself don’t even touch the IAPs.

But note that we are playing as a group and even people who aren’t able to run the game can appreciate it by photoshopping our screenshots and making up stories about ‘cake capacity’. There’s a lot of roleplaying and in-character interaction to be had in this title.

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello: mvnla2 I can’t beat Stella how you didn’t what your point to attack early and win the race she always goes ahead I can’t reach she : I also I bought 2 cheap cars and nothing …!!! I am playing on iPad what is your advice. Please help me.!!!

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

@nacho18 – to beat Stella you want a kart that has a high top speed and decent handling. You also need to drive using a ‘formula 1’ type racing line and steer for the INSIDE of the corners to shave off lap time and maintain speed. The AI is aggressive but not very good at wheel to wheel battles so the idea is to force the AI into the apex (i.e., INSIDE) of the turn so the opponent cannot pass you.

Whomever is taking the outside line in this game tends to lose as it is difficult to have a constant power advantage over an opponent so think Toyota AE86 rallye driving – turn early, drift close to the apex and maintain speed. Indeed, this type of downhill course ala Seedway is pretty similar to Japanese mountain racing (touge) except not so enclosed. Quite easy to beat the game once you know the concept of a racing line. Don’t go for the coins on the outside, they’re there to trick you to losing speed and driving on a slow line. You get far more points by driving fast on the apex because as you notice, the outside radius of the road is gigantic.

The better way to manage a wheel to wheel battle is to maintain speed throughout the course, do not use your power-up and save it for the final sprint to the finish line. That way the AI is not given the chance to ‘rubber band’ its way forward to catch up again. Whomever has a power up left at the final straight will win the race. The last thing you want is using your PU early in the race, only to screw up your line later on and are unable to catch up.

Race strategy is somewhat interestingly similar to real-life motor racing once you take it from the ‘pigineering’ perspective. Can’t wait to see how the multiplayer version develops.

Also because pigineering crews have gone all the way up to 750+ cc rather quickly, I can punch out a game guide for the benefit of everyone pretty quickly this weekend if you’re (@mvnla2 ?) interested. It will not only have racing strategies for general knowledge, economic advice (save those bird coins where it counts) and crucially, how to manage expectations and not get caught up with bothering about in-app purchases.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

@cosmo2503 – regarding completion of the race events, there are 5++ levels per event.

Completing 5 runs unlocks a Challenge series which is completely optional. The Challenge mode is excellent in that it is an easy way to earn bird coins to fund your future karts.

Also the Challenge series is quite dynamic in that you are required to perform driving tasks and each Challenge level has a score bonus. It’s not crucial for gameplay at all, but if the app were linked to Facebook and your friends are playing the game, competition can erupt quite ferociously between friends and family and a few thousand point bonus from a 3-star + fully completed challenge level can give much bragging rights.

The challenge scales dramatically from merely attaining a certain score to precision driving tasks like ‘narrowly missing’ 10 obstacles in a row, which is in Challenge Level 3 and arguably the most fun task of them all especially when most casual players do not expect me to demonstrate a high speed precision driving session from what looks like a Bad Piggies epig fail sport. I wish there was some way to tweak suspension geometry and damping, then I would be able to do some proper drifting (No need handbrake for this pig!) :)

But of course for a non Facebook user there is no element of self-governed competition per event… and I do agree without this element of friends, the level of entertainment from this app is lower!

(Guess I will need to explain game design philosophy and gamer expectations in my game guide..)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Les-Toreadors — Yes! I am very interested in your game guide.
    Thank you for answering @Nacho18; I’m afraid I couldn’t give him any useful advice.
    Do you need to compete in all categories of races to advance? The fruit-splat was kinda easy on track 1, but not so easy on track 2 where you have a competitor. What determines when a new track opens?

DH Kim
    @dh-kim

Level 6, 5K coins.

Fruit Splat with pigs is most advised to play as Bomb or Terence, @MVNLA2. Their abilities can take down enemies’ karts and you’ll be able to splat before them.

Now I am at Air and close to recruit Matilda. Karts and upgrades cost dreadfully; L3 Karts might cost 3~4K coins for a single one.

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

@dh-kim thanks for your input, seeing as you’re well on your way to getting liter karts I would appreciate your opinions on tuning strategy.

Right now I focus all upgrades on the things that matter. Top speed, yes, handling, yes, the rest, not so much of a bother, since my driving techique is to manage energy and reduce speed loss if at all possible. As AE86s or other ‘underpowered’ cars tend to do in touge.

This should help reduce upgrade costs as I progress.

For gameplay progression @mvnla2 it seems to be triggered by character recruitment. If you stay in Seedway and do not complete Stella’s unlock sequence you would have unlimited energy for quite a while and are able to grind your way up the minor events for bird coins. Since you would have only one bird, the game shouldn’t activate its energy meter at all.

The minor events and bonus challenges are not required for progression but they will allow you to earn crucial bird coins and allow you to boast to Facebook friends for scoring just that much higher. And that little bit of score can be ‘unbeatable’ if the champion of your friend’s list chose the optimal kart for the race series.

For instance Seedway is based of course on classic speedway events thus top speed is the most important feature. Handling… not so crucial, so long as you are already used to managing the transition between normal traction and oversteering (drift control), and planning ahead your racing line to minimize steering inputs / travel the shortest distance to the finish.

No matter how good my tape roll’s handling is, it won’t beat DH Kim’s top score on Seedway as his kart has a higher max Top Speed rating. As @altla-darkwinder tends to say, my tape wheels are sticking me to the ground (better tyre grip) but slows down the kart. Pretty realistic, considering traction aids (like increasing downforce, fatter tyres) in a real race car may retard top speed or acceleration respectively.

Thus with this tip, a fruit smacking session with a competitor shouldn’t be so challenging so long as you are out top on the Top Speed advantage and work to maintain that high speed. The AI has its limits and while it’s actually somewhat smarter in wheel to wheel race tactics than many PC racing sims, it has the same limitations in outright top speed vs a human opponent.

For many racing games on the PC the AI is programmed to cheat if its left behind by a human player going flat out on a straight or hitting the nitrous. It is given a speed/power/traction boost to keep up with the player. But there’s always an Achilles’ heel to this type of game design… there’s a delay before the AI’s preprogrammed “rubberbanding” activates. So maintaining wheel to wheel position up to the finishing straight then ramming the opponent into the wall is a good tactic!

By the way, you can win a race easily so long as you are wheel to wheel with an opponent, even if you are stuck behind him.

At the next corner, come up inside the opponent in the corner and ram his back wheel. He will spin out – just like the effect of the PIT maneuver during real life cop chases. Unlike real motorsports… there are no penalties in crashing your opponent in a race here!

Also you can be a jerk and wait for the opponent to turn into you and shunt him into the nearest wall. Or block off his racing line and force him to either slow down or take a slower outside line. Lots of BBC Top Gear style foolish crashy fun to be had in this game, although I hope there would be some sort of system to penalize ‘race trolling’ when ABGO goes multiplayer in future :)

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@les-toreadors game guide would be useful for most players, I am very interested and I hope you will manage to make it in near future and share it on ABN. Thank you for advices.
    Huh, I’d rather not go with my scores publicly, pretty shameful I lose most times.

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum Angry Birds GO! Help!!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.