Angry Birds Folder Icon

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Folder Icon

• I thought I move my old forum thread to the new forum, so all the new birdie that didn’t know of it’s existence can enjoy a good looking folder on their computer as well.

After my crash and loss of progress of my AB Seasons way back when I started making backups regularly. I had a dull looking folder on my Desktop and wanted to give it a “facelift”. I made a nice new icon for my folder and I wanted to share this with all my fellow Nesters :)

Click to download the zip file.

Changing an icon for PC (Windows 7)

1. Download the zip file
    2. Extract the zip file (right click, and choose “Extract file”). You will get a folder with 2 files (one for PC and one for Mac users)
    3. Open up the new folder Icoon_AB_folder
    4. Save the AB_folder.ico file to a folder of you choosing (ignore the other file, it’s for Mac users). I suggest to save it in the folder you want to give a “facelift”. Because you will need to keep the file on your computer in order to maintain the use of it, so putting it in the folder you want to give a “facelift” might prevent you from deleting it when Spring cleaning comes LOL
    5. Right click on the “face lift” folder.
    6. Choose “Properties” at the bottom of the menu.
    7. Select the tab “Customize”
    8. Select “Change icon”
    9. A screen will pop up with standard icons, select “browse”
    10. Select desktop in the left pane
    11. Look up the folder “AB Backup” where the AB_folder.ico file file is and double click the folder
    12. You should see the AB icon I made, select the AB_folder.ico file
    13. Click “open”
    14. The icon is shown in the popup screen with the AB folder icon
    15. Click “OK”
    16. Click “Apply”

Changing an icon for Mac

1. Download the zip file
    2. Expand the zip file (double click the zip file). You will get a folder with 2 files (on for PC and one for Mac users)
    3. Open up the new folder Icoon_AB_folder
    4. Select the file AB_folder (without the .ico behind it, ignore that one, that’s for PC users)
    5. Right click on that file and choose “Get info”
    6. A window will appear with the information of that file and at the top it shows the icon.
    7. Select the icon at the top (it gets a blue outline)
    8. Press “cmd” + “c” at the same time to copy the icon.
    9. Go to the folder you want to give the “facelift” or create a new one (right click/ctrl+click and select new folder from the pop-up menu
    10. Right click on that file and choose “Show info”
    11. A window will appear with the information of that file and at the top it shows the icon of the dull looking folder.
    12. Select the icon at the top (it gets a blue outline)
    13. Press “cmd” + “v” at the same time to paste the new icon.
    14. Close all “info” windows and voila, your folder has a new shiny new icon :)

Note: there is no need to keep the original file you downloaded in order for your “facelift” folder to keep showing the icon. The icon is now a part of that “facelift” folder.

Enjoy the new icon and please any input would be appreciated!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Folder Icon

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.