Angry Birds Epic version 1.5.2 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.5.2 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 130 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryde Unless you have that “OMG, I need all stuff in le game!” mentality I have, you will do just fine. Sure, some of the arena objectives will be unreachable but other than that, they are not absolutely necessary.

@smwforever45
    The music is good but I don’t like that constant “Rum pum” and “HNHNgggg” whenever I am eating and hovering. That gets annoying after a while. The game looks gorgeous but these two sounds make my head hurt after only 10 minutes. Thus I turn off the sound effects and play.

Speaking of which, there is (or actually was) a game called Dramaville. It was on DOS.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    These sound effects are part of the “new” look of the Yoshis, which was introduced with Yoshi’s Story on the N64, so quite a long time now :P Since I grew up with the “new” look I’m used to it, but I still enjoy the oldest games with Yoshi, too :)

If anything, I would’ve loved to have some sort of variation in the pitch of the sound effects or something, like it was done in Yoshi’s Island DS.

If I look up Dramaville (which I randomly made up BTW :P) I find a drama series by BBC America.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 It was a game made in 1988 and Yoshi’s WW is the only Yoshi related game I have ever played and even then I haven’t completed it. I have watched LPs of other games but never played them. Not really a Mario fan.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    If you don’t like the sound effects of newer Yoshi games you should check out Yoshi’s Island on the SNES (possibly a ROM for you, then). It’s my personal, uncontested favourite from the Yoshi series (although Woolly World is REALLY good too).

If it makes you happy… I haven’t completed it yet either. It’s not a matter of “I’m stuck at a certain level”… I just spend more time playing Epic – and occasionally, OpenTTD – right now.

Well there’s a reason why Yoshi games are often considered an own video game series… they’re vastly different :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I use Andriod device (Samsung Galaxy S4 mini) and my game crashes very often since last update. When I disconnected from FB, the game almost stops doing those crashings. So I am forced to play most of the time disconnected from FB.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I will never play that one after the first time I tried it. The constant crying of that darn baby after getting hit made me almost break my SNES in half. To me that’s the most irritating thing a game can put me through; a nonstop 2 second 16 bit sound-byte being looped over and over and over until you are able to catch it back. It’s in my top 3 most hated games of all time and I don’t recommend it to anyone who has sensitive ears. The one thing I really like about YWW is that it has no such thing (other than the two I mentioned).

There are certain ROM hacks of the game where it lets you kill Mario and move on. Those are the ones I recommend. As soon as start the game, drop that annoying back itch in a bottomless pit and freely explore the level.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@datguygamer Though buying the SD from the Shop is normal. Other potions have gotten crazy.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    It’s supposed to be annoying for a reason. The goal is to try and avoid hearing the crying. :P (BTW you’re rather alone about hating the game I think, in my eyes Yoshi’s Island is a masterpiece and a classic)

(Honestly, if Yoshi had known what Mario would be doing to him in Super Mario World, he would’ve left the baby in the forest.)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 That’s “the glass is half full” perspective which I don’t have but if that truly was the developers’ decision, then they implemented that in a worse way. There are certain levels where you don’t know what to expect unless you have accidentally been hit while trying to find all the flowers and when you get hit, that Mario starts making a fuss all over the place. Reason or not, it’s annoying and it’s enough reason for me to hate the game.

Also, I am not alone on this one. There are other people I’ve met who hates the game on the similar premise and some hate it because of cheap level design towards the end of the game (especially the maze ones). Just because it seems like a masterpiece to you, it doesn’t mean it has to be for others as well. Yes, people like it but there’s also an equal amount of people to hate it. Mario games aren’t exactly “end-all, be-all” type. In my eyes, it’s the bottom of a barrel game simply because of that one aspect. The ROM hack? That’s a great one. The satisfaction of killing Mario right off the bat is enthralling to say the least.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer @smwforever45
    Yoshi’s Island is great game. I usually dont care graphics so much. I really care about game playability and how I enjoy the rules of the game. The baby crying might be annoying but it cant be a reason for me to hate the game ;) Game crashings and other problems that has ABE are much worse than the baby crying in Yoshi’s Island ;)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley
    SD could be SeaDog :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Well, tell me how YOU would have designed the baby cries :) Nintendo would not design a game where you can kill something that you are supposed to rescue, that is for sure. As annoying as it may be.

Cheap level design? There’s only a single maze level (6-3 I think) and that level isn’t a “here’s something we did randomly, we didn’t care about playability but we still let you play it anyway” type of level.

@kennymcc

We weren’t even talking about graphics :)
    But true, there are some people that say a game is bad because it doesn’t look like real life.

@bubbley

I think he meant Stamina Drinks.

angryde
    @angryde

I’m having major issues… my game is crashing constantly. I lose my SD during event battles, crash and get no ingredients/trophies. Plus, my game is hanging on ‘Loading Levels.’ Really annoying.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 First of all, I wouldn’t have put that crying sound at all. Let’s be real, the ones who are playing are on blind and if anyone is blind then they cannot even play the game. the game already has visual cues when the baby is taken away. There is that small red arrow to show where he is if he goes offscreen and that giant bubble in which a baby is floating. I am 100% certain even a log of wood would be able to tell that it needs to be saved. It would have been nice to have the sfx once and then never or have it once and then fade away. But constantly? No way. I know it needs to be saved but there’s no reason to be “up in your face” about it.

I am talking about the last maze level where you have to go through doors all over the place to get to Bowser. Not to mention one of my friends stopped playing the game when those enemies that jiggle the screen after touching them started messing around with his sense. It made him nauseous. Then there are times I recall where the rail tracks during your transformations branch off in different direction this wasting time and it doesn’t come back after you turn back normal. Then there’s a level where enemies who catch your projectiles and throws them back at you with spikes on the ground and you have to complete the level on a boulder. This game has issues. It’s not perfect.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    I only said the game is a masterpiece. I never said it was perfect. No game is perfect/bug-free/to everyone’s liking. :) (although I must say that Behemoth’s games [Castle Crashers or Battleblock Theater for instance] come pretty close to perfect)

You mean fuzzies? You know what they say: “Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy”. If you touch them it’s your own fault. The game does not require you to touch them. ;)
    Besides, I like it when a video game goes beyond mainstream standards and does something that is unusual or could possibly make people scared/nauseous/etc. I’ll just say Lavender Town.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I like when games do something other than mainstream. I have played Silent Hill, Apocalypse on DOS, Eternal Darkness. Those are games that mess with the player in a psychological way and they are really good. Fuzzies make the screen shake to the point where even I feel like vomiting (and I am not prone). That’s physical messing.

Not to mention, “The game does not require you to touch them”. And I was not implying happily jumping into them either. When you take that level where they put fuzzies with the conveyor belt type boulders or the one stand pillars that you sometimes need to thump to get a red coin, getting hit with at least one of them is inevitable and if you say that you never get hit personally, well not everyone plays alike. If anything you have to stop dead in your tracks to let the effect wear down if you don’t want to again hit a fuzzy during your drug trip by accident. That is bad design.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    I just giggle at the distorted music and the screen moving around in rainbow colours, and try to move on despite the Fuzzy trip. It is quite hard, I’ll admit, especially in that level you mentioned – but I’ll accept that challenge, and if I fail I usually have dozens of extra lives. Everyone has a different way of playing, like you said. :P
    I have cleared the game on the 3DS (as it was an Ambassador VC game), and I’d love to clear it again on my SNES. In fact, the cartridge is inside; I’d just need to start, but I was gonna finish Woolly World first.

Your opinion is valid, but I’ll have my own. :P Let’s try and get back to Epic talk. If I really have the urge to talk Yoshi again I’ll come back to ya in PM.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45
    Yes, extra lives might work but I do not tend to play in a way that inhibit my style which is basically No death or No hit. So when I get hit due to an enemy placed in a way that actually messes with your senses or get killed, I can’t stand it. As I said, I despise the official game but the ROM hacks where they actually properly edit the disadvantages are A-Ok with me.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Of course we all try to play towards No Death or No Hit! (Unless you want to torture the protagonist because you can’t stand them.) But unless you REALLY know what you are doing, it’s pretty much inevitable.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@kennymcc @smwforever45 Something’s happened to your friend. =( He was leading and suddenly yesterday he was bumped to 0?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@metztli013
    ?!?
    He doesn’t cheat… he’s just a HUUUUGE grinder. That’s gotta be a false alarm…

Suzy
    @suzyq

@smwforever45

Sometimes we all need to grind a lot especially when we are put on another board like we were this week just to catch up. When you say your friend is a huge grinder what sort of figure do you mean, because I’m afraid to grind now after reading your post?

Edit

I wonder how much you grind without your score being reset?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 So which one of the above is your friend? If he got reset then the system caught him.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

Enlighter Fi is Yosh’s and Kenny’s friend

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.5.2 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.