Angry Birds Epic version 1.4.3 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.4.3 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 274 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

A minor change has been made to the Friend selection screen:

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45, @datguygamer

Am I the only one to think that Rovio laughs at us ?
    The enchant of set items becomes a swindle with this new level 60 !

Can you see the new items for Red in GPM ? If yes, can you tell me english names ?

And how many mastery need your game for rank 13 ?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@grimmjow
    I’m glad I didn’t enchant everything to 10… although it still hurts.

I can see them but my game is German :P On my game it’s called “Erleuchtende Gegenwart” which translates to “Enlightening Presence”.

IDK, my Wizard is at M11 and he needs 50k points to rank up…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow
    I haven’t updated yet so I can’t tell the names of the new set or the requirement for the new ranks. But @smwforever45 posted the name on another thread. (Can you post a picture of it?) Seems like it won’t stop at 50, grimmjow. :(

However, I am happy for more XP levels and more mastery levels. The more strong my bird gets, the happier for me. All in all, I am more happy with this update than AB 2. This is my fav AB game after all.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Here’s a screenshot showing the set item, uncropped:

And if it interests anyone, I updated my Excel mastery file to include the new mastery ranks up to 15. I assume it will take 50k to get to 13, 14 and 15 respectively, considering it also takes 50k to 10, 11 and 12 respectively.
    This below is an empty file, free to use.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jba553055ogi16b/ABE%20Mastery%20Ranks_empty.xlsx?dl=0

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45, @datguygamer

Ok, when you can see english names, tell me please.

You don’t really understand. You haven’t enchant items now, but if you enchant them at level 60 and then Rovio increase again level to 70, your enchanted items level 60 will be obsolete too.

Rovio promissed us level 50 was max forever. They lie us !

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow Actually I use max enchanted weapons and off hands and I still want more levels in the future. So, yeah, I have enchanted stuff (unlike what you think) but I am not that bothered.

Also, I don’t remember Rovio ever mentioning the fact that Level 50 will be the max. They said that “for now it is” which means they could have increased it anytime they had wanted and this time they did, I don’t see a problem with that and technically, they never lied.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@grimmjow Actually what they said was that they had “no plans to increase the bird levels” which is not the same as never increasing them at all.

But yes, even that is not the truth because even a child would know that their overall plan includes to increase the levels a little bit at the time so people will keep on playing until at least level 100, but more likely even beyond that.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer, @angryjohnny

Befor spend my shard on enchanting, I ask them on twitter. They answer me that level 50 be definite !

Angry Birds Epic ‏@ABepic 19 févr.

@GrimmJow69 It is planed to be definite, yes.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny
    Do you have any further info on this Elite Cleric event? Are we getting two Elite upgrades at once? The update description reads “World boss event” and I think that means the normal events on the map rather than the ones with mini campaigns. So how do you think that will work out?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@grimmjow magic word in their reply being “planed”.

@datguygamer
    I think we will get the events on separate occasions. The first event will start this week and a few weeks later the Tinker Titan event. The reason they mention the second event in the update notes is probably because it will still happen before the next update of Epic is out.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow

So I updated and for the record, @smwforever45 was a bit wrong on his part. The new set itself is not actually named “Enlightening Presence”, that’s the set bonus.

The new items are called Maelstrom Trident and Maelstrom Protector and the set bonus is called Flaring Presence.

Red's new set

And here are the names that you wanted:
    Maelstrom Trident

Maelstrom Protector

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

ALSO FAIR WARNING TO ALL BEFORE THE EVENT: The option to switch between Elite Pirate and normal one is already there. This means that just like last time (during Elite Mage), after obtaining the upgrade, it might not show up!

Elite Pirate option

Oh and one more thing @grimmjow: My game shows me that I need 32,500 Mastery to rank up to 13 and not 50K.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer, @smwforever45, @angryjohnny

I’m the onlyone who fall in arena ?
    I was in Silver league before update, now I’m in Wood !!!

metztli013
    @metztli013

Oi! I wasn’t aware that there even was an update until I logged on here. I had to go in and update manually. More bird levels and mastery is great and all… as long as it doesn’t mess too much with the enchanted items we’ve all worked so hard on. That’d be a super bummer. Also, I don’t like the new HP bars =/ they look like worms, or rat tails. Blech.

But… what about the previous bugs?! Still no Season 6 arena trophy! Is Valiant working yet? Ugh… why add more content before you fix what’s wrong with the current content??

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow No, I am still in Silver League. On the contrary, I was at #2 but after updating I am at #1 with #1 being at just 6K points.

Also, @grimmjow, @pointless, @graugeist I just love when my predictions come true. This is the Season 6 trophy which you were all waiting for. Remember what I said about this trophy being for Red and all you guys said I was wrong? So the next trophy is gonna be for Chuck’s again. (Season 7). Hah! I was correct all along.

Diamond trophy of Red for Season 6

@metztli013
    Valiant has started working again and look at my posted screencap for your question regarding the trophy.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, my take is like this:
    1. Elite Cleric & Elite Pirate – Not a big deal.

2. Mastery 15 vs 12 is a small bump in power, but I’m not going back to grinding 3 levels x 5 birds x 5 classes x 50k XP each.

3. Level 60 vs 50 is easy enough if you have lots of XP potions stocked; however, this destroys all of the Set Items. Between losing Valiant for weeks earlier, and now having a huge change in item power, I’m not happy. Worse, the scrap Shards are woefully low for what you put it.

4. Red’s Arena Trophy & Maelstrom Set – don’t care at all.

Really, I think this is where I start to disengage. I was OK poking around a little each day, but having to re-start my Sets all over and re-grind? Nope.

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

Looks like this is the time for the whales to start pumping Rovio’s revenue back into shape. Good thing I didn’t bother spending any of my shards these past 9 months. Then again I don’t know if I ever will if these updates come and about every so while.

Nevertheless, still looking forward to collecting more hats!

Edit: And yes the app has been crashing quite often since the update, especially when you enter the chronicle caves and try to watch the short ad to claim your prize. Press the play button, insta freeze….

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Why would you need 50k from 11 to 12 but only 32.5k from 12 to 13? That’s a silly move from Rovio.
    If they at least awarded players with EXP stars and mastery medals they collected after maxing out on each. They were able to do it with the feathers on AB2 after all.

@graugeist

So I take it you’re out? Would be sad, you’re a great contributor…

burbman
    @burbman

I think this will be a passive grind for me. Last time there was a major update like this I busted my butt to get to the max as soon as possible. This time I just don’t care that much…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Oh and also, I don’t exactly see what’s the big deal in the level bump. A single level gives a 1% bonus in power. 10 levels are worth only slightly more than +1 mastery. A 10% disadvantage over your enemies is OK since the AI in the Arena is usually stupid (heck, right now I win against enemies 20% stronger than me!). By the time you’ll really need the bonus, you’ve accumulated a few Shards again to upgrade the L62 set items you’ll have by then.
    I now think this won’t be the final level cap increase so I’d suggest not to enchant all the way up to 10. So far, 5 has been good to go for me.

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

@smwforever45

The problem we’re having is that Rovio will continue this trend to the ends of the earth until Epic snouts its last drop of revenue. Monotonous level cap increase is diminishing the enjoyability of the player experience and it doesn’t help that they insist on involving our beloved enchanted sets to become obsolescent baggage.

Now granted I haven’t spent any shards whatsoever because I’m so on edge it when comes to these updates so I technically shouldn’t have anything to complain. But for others who have dedicated their time to progressing the strength of their party over the months feels like a major slap in the face.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Personally I am also intrigued about what that last update description mentions:
    “Elite upgrades for Premium classes”. Oh yeah, I am waiting for them.

I have already started grinding for Mastery 13 and also paying for it with Snoutlings and sometimes Lucky Coins. Will let you guys know how much is needed for M14 to M15 @smwforever45.

@graugeist
    You’ve hit what I’d like to think as burnout (aka gamers’ block) in Epic considering you literally have no interest in any of the latest content. So you are not playing anymore then?

RizDub
    @rizdub

@datguygamer I believe “Elite upgrades for Premium classes” means that the newer Elite classes will be the ones available for purchase with LC.

Looking through the image files I have been able to find (as yet unreleased) elite versions of the following classes:

Red – Paladin, Stone Guard
    Chuck – Thunderbird, Illusionist
    Matilda – Cleric (duh), Bard, Witch
    Bomb – Pirate (duh), Sea Dog, Frost Savage
    Blues – Tricksters (which was coded in the original “elite classes” update), Skulkers, Treasure Hunters

So, yes, the newly-added Elite classes are for the classes bought with Lucky Coins (the “Premium classes”).

Also I found out that each Bird has another new set (Red’s has already been shown). Haven’t yet been able to determine what they’re called or what they do, though.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@datguygamer

Ahh, yes, I see the trophy now. It wasn’t yet there when I posted earlier. Haven’t tried Valiant yet, though. I’m kinda stuck on Blessed. =)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.4.3 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.