Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 182 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I take screenshots of as close to all of the teams I actually battle in the arena. Doesn’t always happen, for a variety of reasons. I looked at the teams I battled from start of league week on Sun till I updated, and compared them to those I have battled since. There are really too few to make the comparison statistically valid, but even so, it is a stretch to say that the teams have been easier.

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

Mvnla2 – I’m in the Central time zone and my GPs were in different places. One on a slingshot on the west side of the map and today’s was in the mountains in the east.
    How far I’ve gotten: level 45, cleared the map long ago, got to cave 13 before I got bored.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I sent my post about the bugs and issues in the latest version of Epic to Peter Vesterbacka a few hours ago. Here is his reply:
    ‏@MVNLA 4h4 hours ago
    @pvesterbacka Here is my list of bugs and issues in the latest Epic update. https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/angry-birds-epic-version-1-2-9-is-out/page/3/#post-106545

Peter Vesterbacka
    ‏@pvesterbacka

@MVNLA
    thank you! I hope we can fix those asap.
    6:07 PM – 25 Jul 2015

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bikerdood — Very interesting. I think that means that you saw the GP at ~3:50 PM CDT, and I saw mine at 4:10 PM PDT. My current guess is that the GP appears at ~3 PM local time, maybe 2 PM?? I think if you don’t claim it within some length of time, it disappears and gets replaced by another. However, maybe if you don’t play one until the next day, it counts for that day’s GP, so you don’t get another until the following day at 3 PM or whatever.

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

Mvnla2 – 3:00 Central would make sense because that is when my daily arena objectives reset and end. We’ll know for sure tomorrow at 3:00!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bikerdood — Well sort of. My daily arena objectives reset at 1 PM PDT time, the same universal (global) time as yours, but my “daily” GP does not reset at the same time. So they are clearly on different timers, which might, by chance be the same time for you.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I am finding it is possible to play three battles maximum in the Arena before a crash. I have also had 2 freezes when I explode the bomb..

The battle with the pig seems to come randomly.

It is impossible to add friends to your list. I am unable to see several of my most valued friends. It is also necessary to reconnect every time the game crashes which is every 15 minutes.

This update is really not fit for purpose for iOS users. Can anyone remember whether we were obliged to buy Epic as we were with Angry Birds?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley Are you using an old iPad 2? I am having no trouble at all with my iPad Air (new in Oct 2014). So it is not simply an iOS issue.

I think that it may be a hardware related issue. It does seem that nesters using iPad 2s (mvnla2 and angryde) are having problems. These devices are relatively old (you can’t buy them these days), and are probably not a priority for the developers at the moment.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon I possess an iPad Air but I have not loaded Epic onto it. I was afraid to lose my progress. I have a Rovio account. If I load epic onto the new iPad what will happen when I have 2 games. I don’t know how to back up game onto my Mac to save it myself. I have read in this forum that players have found their game synchronised to an earlier time. I worry that Rovio will synchronise to the new down load and that I will have to start from the beginning.

Thanks

PJng
    @pjng

Basic recourse change to 40 & 30 LC.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley You just have to load the game onto your iPad Air and sign in to your Rovio account. I am not sure what will happen at the beginning of the game – whether you have to do the tutorial etc – before you can go to the nest and sign in. But that won’t matter. As soon as you get into the nest and sign in, the game on the IPad Air will update to be the same as your normal game.

You should then be able to play on either device, and it should update information in your Rovio account after you do in-game stuff (arena battles, rolls etc). But I would stick to playing with one device (your iPad Air). I am sure you will notice a difference in speed.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon thank you. It automatically loaded epic as it is on my old device. Can I delete epic from this? I would prefer to have only one.

Edit: the first battle I played froze!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley I am very surprised your game freezes on your new device. Is this the same as what occurred before with your old iPad? I assume your arena week is pretty much ruined already because of the update.

Firstly, I’d suggest you go through the routine of force closing all the other apps on the iPad air and trying again. And then complete some regular battles on the island before trying the Facebook login, going to the arena etc.

I wouldn’t delete the app on your old iPad just yet – until you get somewhere with EPIC on your iPad air. You can delete the app, but when you do, it will ask you about deleting EPIC information from gamecentre. I’d suggest not deleting the gamecentre information, as I don’t know how this will affect your achievements.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon on the old iPad the Arena battle froze when I exploded bomb and won. On the new iPad the battle froze when the enemy raged but had not won. It was chuck who raged a bomb was part of it.

In fact I have installed no apps apart from Epic and I have not used the Internet or Mail on it. There were several blank boxes which I swiped away before launching epic. It loads faster and connected immediately to Facebook but I am still unable to add all the friends I was playing with before the update. It appears Rovio has decided who I should play with.

What can I say. I certainly am less than delighted with the update. Playing the Arena has been almost impossible. I am not prepared to spend LC especially if this nonsense continues since I will stop using the Arena altogether.

My achievements say 0% but they have done so for many months. So that’s another thing that has not been fixed.

I will do as you suggest. Thank you for your help and patience.

IndySan
    @indyswainosan

AngryJohnny, I SO agree with you. This is the worst update ever. The game seems completely broken at all levels.

The only interesting thing is the Dungeon challenge options. Beyond that, this version crashes ALL the time. It’s basically a mess.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I am also very disappointed with this latest update, but that is mainly because it crashes constantly many times a day and I barely play it these days. All I do is collect any free items from watching videos and getting free spins and only try to complete the daily arena objectives. I’m kind of bored with the arena and I don’t like how they reset you every season so I might move on to another game because these bugs are driving me crazy.

Making it so difficult to find the pig is upsetting so I’m not going to bother looking for it just to get 1 LC unless the game gives me a hint as to where to find it and it hasn’t except for when I first updated the game.

Has anyone tried using the replay level feature to see if you can keep killing the GP multiple times?

angryde
    @angryde

@kerravon @bubbley @mvnla2 Yeah, I’m using an iPad 2 running OS 8.4, but performance has been quite decent since I deleted + clean installed the game. Personally, I’m having no crashes/issues playing arena (however, as I’ve explained elsewhere, I have my own obsessive ‘safety routines’). If anything, performance has stabilized over the past 24 hours – I’d go so far as to characterize it as near-optimal. @mvnla2 uses precisely the same device/OS under almost identical conditions and he/she is absolutely beset with problems. From what I’ve read, I’m certainly having fewer problems than many, many nesters who are playing on latest-gen devices. So, who knows?!? An annoying mystery.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryde As far as I am aware, @mvnla2 is not operating with the latest operating system. She was holding off updating because of compatibility with an app she liked using. I don’t know if this is still the case.

I have a new device (iPad Air) with current operating system and have had no problems. I haven’t had to do anything special.

But yes, it does seem that many using iOS devices are having troubles.

Timber
    @timber

After 45 weeks of daily play on an IPad 2 I made the mistake of installing this update while fighting for a top spot in the silver league. Crash after crash after crash cost me a few hundred points yesterday so I installed Bluestacks on my PC in an attempt to maintain my position. It worked ok after several restarts and I got back to a point where I actually stood a chance of getting to the gold league.

Now Bluestacks wants to charge me $24 annually or load a bunch of games I will never play to continue using their service?

I deleted most of the programs on the iPad, shut down, restarted and returned to league only to crash out for my final 2 losses.

After paying for this service by watching hundreds of hours of ads, I seem to have 4 options.

1-QUIT
    2- Buy an iPad 4
    3- Pay for bluestacks
    4- Download things on my pc that I do not want, will never use, and may not be able to delete completely.

#1 is starting to look like the best option although withdrawal will be painful.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

I wish they revert to the old update (1.2.7) because the rating for epic have totally gone downhill. We get less lucky coins then ever and its another pay-to-win.
    Anymore lucky coins exploit that is still possible?

angryde
    @angryde

@kerravon Ahhh, I knew that @mvnla2 had been vacillating on upgrading to OS 8.3/.4 but I was under the impression he’d/she’d bitten the bullet. We’d exchanged words re: my experience of the upgrade – as I’m using a shirty iPad 2 – on several occasions. It’s such a damned if you do/don’t scenario. I’ve read absolute horror stories re: upgraded iPad 2’s crapping-out big time. I was obviously exceedingly lucky!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryde My son has my old iPad 2, but restarted his game of EPIC last week, just before the update came out. He likes playing the early levels. I’ll have to grab his iPad and have a look at it, to see how well it is playing. He doesn’t play in the arena, but he has mentioned getting his rewards from the calendar.

I had picked up that you were an Aussie living in Germany through your posts. I thought you had picked up I was an Aussie when you referred to me as “mate”, but then saw you called everybody “mate”. Doesn’t matter. How long have you been in Germany? Are you missing your local football code (I hope it’s Aussie Rules), or the cricket? The Ashes series is happening in the UK at the moment, and I have been sitting up watching some of it (although not usually to the end at 3:30 am).

Timber
    @timber

@angryde posted the correct fix for iPad 2 users.
    This works!

@bubbley
    I deleted the buggy update as it was utterly unplayable. As long as you’re logged into your Rovio account the game should synch/save OK. I deleted it, hard reset the device, downloaded the clean/updated app, hard reset, opened the app, signed into my Rovio account and all was good. No more crashes, stutters, buggy graphics/sounds. Totally playable and AOK. And I’m playing on an ancient iPad 2!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Timber @Kerravon @angryde — I does appear that I did update to IOS 8.0, but haven’t gotten to 8.4 yet.

@timber
    — Glad the delete and reload “fix” worked for you. However, I did that days ago, and “all” it did was let me play the game with multiple crashes, an improvement compared to crashing before I could play anything.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Last night I defeated my third GP after 4 days so it seems like I’m getting a GP as often as a free video on the GPM. You get a message about the GP when you load he game, but I’m usually not plooking at the screen until I hear the sounds it makes after it is loaded so it is easy to miss the message or not have enough time to read it.

Replaying the GP level doesn’t let you fight the GP again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.