Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 182 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Gaah! Someone mentioned that you are now limited to 3 pages of friends! I used to have 5 or so, now I only have 2.5. Not only that @Burbman is no longer listed, and he used to be on page 2. How did they pick which friends to keep? I used his birds a lot. Only the 1st page has level 45 friends, whereas I used to have lots of friends at level 45 on second page. Friends list goes down to level 22, so they probably kept the lowest level person and a distribution of levels above that.

mala
    @mala

i also lost more than half rainbow bar, it was almost full now it’s 2/3 empty…

and what are the little numbers near the roll icons? it shows a 5 near my 15lc roll, and 1 near the 3lc roll. what do they mean?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

In the arena I have only 2 pages of friends if I look in the blue totem, but no friends appear on my friends leaderboard.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mala — Can’t say if I lost any rainbow bar progress, but both are fairly low.
    In the regular nest you get 5 rolls for 15 LC plus one free roll = 6 rolls for 15 LC. You get one roll for 3 LC. The rolls in the arena are similar, but more expensive. So far this is the only change I’ve found that actually helps players.

cooterbrown
    @cooterbrown

double post

cooterbrown
    @cooterbrown

I took a screen shot of my golden pig. It’s on the right side, halfway down the screen just above the smoke.

Golden Pig

Viking
    @viking

For those mentioning the pirate pigs randomly countering you, I learned and I could be wrong, but it only happens when you have a stunning item when they can’t be stunned. Pirates have immunity so stunning them creates a counter attack forcing them to either hit you are move to the next step in their charge.

As for the golden pig, I read in the info page for the golden pig roll that you can still get the 3x roll. How do we do that if they no longer show up daily? I am hoping that they bring the GP cloud back but if not, then they better give us another way to earn LC or less they will start losing customers.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

Anyone else noticed that the arena has gotten much easier? Previously, the opponent strength in Lvl 45 Platinum was usually greater than 850, with many being over 900. Now, I find it hard to see more than 850, and I’ve even seen as low as 666.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 when you say install epic do you mean the whole thing again? Then do I have to update?

Thanks

Viking
    @viking

I have a new disappointment. The Elite Dungeon requires 3 essence for a re-roll when before it was 1 essence for 100 less coins. They should triple the payout if it will be 3 essence.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@cdrguy I ran across an opponent yesterday that was a lvl 45 with a power rating of 376. I used that battle to fulfill my kill all 3 opponents with a single strike 2 times objective.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bubbley — If you delete Epic,all your data files will be removed also, so if you don’t use a Rovio account with Epic, you will need to backup your data files first or you will start from scratch (I think you said you have a Rovio account). There is a tutorial somewhere on the nest about how to do backups. When you reinstall Epic from the app store, it will install the latest version, and yes, it will be complete.

@viking
    — The 3x roll (I assume you mean 3x the chance of a set item) is the last entry in the daily challenge calendar. It remains to be seen if you get it immediately after you claim your login for day 7, or whether you only get it on day 8. If it’s day 8, that’s yet another example of Rovio making a change to the players detriment. You will get 20 LC on day 7, but that’s a lot less than we previously got from the GP, especially if you were logged into FB. It used to be 35 LC per week.
    Still unclear how many we can get from the GPs around the island.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Has anyone figured out how often the GPs appear, and how long they last? I got 2 messages yesterday and found neither, although I didn’t know what to look for. I got one message today and found GP. Are they always going to give us a hint, or do they expect us to constantly be looking for tiny GPs scattered about the island?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

After having played this update for the last day I can say I am VERY dissapointed.

Rovio have really done all they can to maximize the odds that people will buy more things in the game and it really makes me sick.

They have removed the Golden Pig that was easily found once every day as soon as you started the game and replaced it with an inferior alternative to get free lucky coins. Now you have to hunt for them and so far it seems the Golden pig only shows up in after 24 hour since you last found it and it is not precise so you are bound to miss it sometime. Rovio also removed the bonus LC from the Golden Pig and every pig only gives 1 LC. This is replaced with an extra 20 LC as a monthly daily reward but it still does not ad up to the amount you got before the update.

Rovio have also limited the friends list to about 3 pages which makes it so you have a lot fewer friends to choose from when doing the caves for instance, unless of course if you spend LC to rehire them before the 12 hour lock on them is over.

For some reason Rovio have also choosen to remove a recent addition to the game: you can no longer create 10 potions/cakes/whatever with a single button in the nest.

Quite simply Rovio have made the game a lot more pay-to-play than before and in my eyes it just makes them seem greedy.

Version 1.2.9 is not an upgrade, it is a downgrade in game play and experience and nothing more than a really cheap way of squeezing out extra money from the players without giving much back in return.

This all just seem disrespectful from Rovio’s side and I am really starting to think it is time to leave this game before it gets even worse.

Bad move Rovio. Really bad.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – funny that I disappeared from your friend list, as you are still on mine. Granted, I have less than one page of friends, so mine did not get reduced with the update.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@burbman — I just sent you and a bunch of other people a new friends request that should appear in your FB account. Will be interesting if I can add you. It would only let me ask about 6 or so people, as opposed to the 2.5 pages of people who have been deleted.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Rovio — This is the list of bugs and issues I have compiled so far about the new update.

This update has so many bugs and other issues that it should not have been released. The abysmal quality of this update is likely to decrease the playing population by a significant percent. It also clearly displays Rovio’s greed and disrespect for its fans / players.

Bugs:

* Game crashes before loading for many people. This may or may not be fixed by deleting game and reinstalling it. However, if you don’t have a Rovio account or a recent backup of the data files, you will have to start over from scratch or at least lose progress from your last backup. People who have neither a Rovio account or a recent backup are very likely to quit the game.
      * People are still cheating in major and obvious ways the Sat after the update.
      * The Facebook login bug was not fixed and may be worse than before, especially since you may need to login after every crash.
      * If you need to restart your device to get the login to work, it will take longer than before, because the game downloads 80MB of assets, even though you have already downloaded them.
      * Game crashes frequently:
      * After 2 battles in arena game becomes extremely slow and will crash, causing you to lose a banner.
      Game crashes after a dungeon. It routinely crashes on 3rd battle after a hard close, even has crashed on the second battle.
      Game frequently crashes when you click on daily rewards icon
      * The daily GP needs to be made a lot easier to see
      * The “daily” GP does not even appear 24 hrs after you last played it
      * No friends appear on your friends leaderboard in the arena

Changes driven by Rovio greed decrease the gaming experience for players (rather than benefit them as Roio claims) and are likely to cause many more to quit playing:

* The daily Golden Pig has been replaced by a different system that seems to decrease the maximum number of LC can get per week from 35 to 27 (a 23% decrease).
      You have to hunt for a very difficult to see, very small icon to find the GP.
      It seems to only appear 24 hours after you last played it rather than when you first log in for the day. Consequently, for most people it will be less than 1 GP per day in the long run.
      There are now no bonus LC for being logged into FB
      * The daily reward calendar also only opens 24 hrs after you last claimed a reward, so you are likely to slip a few hours every day, and lose a daily reward every week or so.
      It is not clear how the daily rewards calendar is going to work, but it appears that the GPM riot may be every 8 days instead of every 7
      * The friends list now seems to be limited to 2.5 or 3 pages. If you had more than the allowed number, it appears that your friends were eliminated to give you the full distribution of experience levels from your old friends list. So if you were generous enough to let people with low experience borrow your high-power birds, you now have a list with fewer of the people whose birds you borrow.
    Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@mvnla2 I have been having the FB issue for more than two months. After we received the update yesterday I re-opened a ticket that I had with them about the issue. They keep telling me that it is a change to the FB API that causes the logout issue and that they are working on it. I no longer believe that it’s a priority for them. With the update it fails the first time I try to log into FB every single time. If I click login once more it goes through with no issue. No reason to have to do that. It’s lazy programming.

I’ve been losing the additional coin from the GP too often because I’d forget to make sure that Epic still had me logged into FB. Now I’m even more ticked off due to the changes they have made. The new GP is unreliable. On my iPad I’m already on day 3 of the calendar as something hiccuped yesterday and I got an extra play. I don’t recall all the specifics of what happened since I was in a mood. My Android phone is only on day 2.

Also I’ve had an issue where if I’ve been playing other games on my iPad and go back to Epic, it is like time has not progressed. I had to close it out and reopen to use the Dojo.

The business of taking away most of our friends is crazy. 3 pages of friends is not enough.

I am so disappointed in Rovio right now. I don’t have much discretionary income so being patient and still being able to accumulate coins and other items was great. If they don’t back off some of the changes, I may be done with Epic.

I need to go relax now because I’m too wound up about this. I do feel your pain.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

None of these bugs happen to me, maybe it’s the best time to upgrade your phones?

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@gulgor0 I don’t think you read the thread very closely as many of those with issues are using iPads, not phones.

Consider yourself lucky that you don’t have the bugs. We can’t all upgrade our devices when we want to. Many have to wait until it fits in the budget. :-/

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@mvnla2 I do not think the daily rewards is on a 24 schedule from when you last claimed them. At least for me it counts down to unlocking a new reward at 2 in the morning CET time every day no matter when I claimed the last reward.

Still unsure about how the new Golden Pig works though.

kyododom
    @kyododom

In the past I’ve always updated as soon as a new version has been released, but even though I’m a daily player for one reason or another I only learned about 1.2.9 a couple of hours ago. Having read this thread I think I’ll hold off updating for now.

My question to the Nest is this: will I be able to keep playing 1.2.8 for a while, or will Rovio somehow force me to update?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@laxietoo — Well said!
    You said:

Also I’ve had an issue where if I’ve been playing other games on my iPad and go back to Epic, it is like time has not progressed. I had to close it out and reopen to use the Dojo.

I don’t entirely understand, possibly because my Dojo doesn’t have anything in it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kyododom — Rovio will probably force you to update in a few days. Enjoy your time with the old version until that happens.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryjohnny — Well maybe, but it is now late in the afternoon for me, which might be 2 AM CET, but I really don’t like to wait until the afternoon.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.