Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 182 total)
  • Replies
  • DevaBol
    @devabol

I have the same question @lodz has: tosay I should’ve gotten 5 LCs with the gold cloud, instead by doing a level with the golden pig I got only one; does it spwan only once a day? Do I really cap at 7 LCs per week instead of 35? Because that would be really bad

angryde
    @angryde

From what I can see… day 7 rewards you with 20 LCs. So, 15 less per week than prior to the update. Kinda sux. Hopefully, there’s some kind of ‘end of month’ compensation/reward.

DevaBol
    @devabol

@angryde thought the 20 LC reward was monthly, not weekly…that’d be slightly better I guess

angryde
    @angryde

@devabol Yeah, I’m not 100% sure mate… but that’s because of how buggy the calendar view is… I see what looks like an 8 day cycle with predictable rewards… and then, at other times, a monthly cycle (view) where the rewards for day 9 – 30 are hidden and/or to be revealed. So, yeah, I’m just guessing here!

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Yesterday I got the tooltip about GP’s location and the exact spot was flashed with a golden whirlwind, albeit small compared to what a daily dungeon is marked with, for example. Today, though, there was no hint (all right, yesterday’s one might be just a tutorial kind) and I scanned the whole map twice with maximal zoom-in but there’s no signs of a Pig.

:(

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Geez, this sucks! I can’t even go into the arena right now!

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Geez, this sucks! I can’t even go into the arena right now!

AngryAngers
    @dungphant

Looks like Golden Clouds is no longer available. Everything golden is back as before Golden Clouds. But the Golden Coins chain still works.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@devabol @angryde The calender only shows the days of the current month that you can claim your daily reward.

Epic was updated on the 23rd of July so July had 8 days left on it, that is why the calender only shows 8 rewards. When we enter August it will show all 31 rewards of that month.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryjohnny

I have a newish iPad air running iOS 8.4 (most up to date software)

I have had no problems with the new update. I have played the golden pig, fought an arena battle, made a couple of free rolls and have had no crashes.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 @angryjohnny ok I have calmed down. So can you tell me what happens if I delete and reinstall. If I chose epic will it be the latest version? I do have a Rovio account so how do I make sure my progress is not lost. You are aware that I know absolutely nothing about computing so please help in a very easy to understand way. Otherwise I will make a hash of it.

I use iPad with the latest version of iOS.

Thanks

Captain Corsair
    @corsairer

Did they fix the bug where pirates would randomly counter I hate it. Sometimes they even counter with support skills or attack a different bird

Annie
    @ajwright

To clarify my problem is not just with arena but all challenges trying to get farming items. Makes me want to throw in the towel. (And have been playing for over a year now – every day.)

Annie
    @ajwright

I wish I would have done the daily challenges first prior to downloading the new version. I have lost more than 240 coins! Stupid, I know bit just trying to keep my standing for this week. I’ll be contacting Rovio for a refund. I experienced more than 20 crashes, mostly when I was winning or had actually won the battle. Really disapointing as I not only lost coins but also ranking this week. (I did do a reset and disconnect from the internet and it didn’t make any difference.)

Ian Dorais
    @ian-dorais

I have Apple Ipad 2 with ios 8.4 and it keeps crashing has rebooted twice

angryde
    @angryde

@angryjohnny Thanks, mate, that totally makes sense. I only saw the messed-up 30 day calendar view on the original buggy update – before I deleted the app + clean re-installed. Now, with the clean boot, I only see 8 days remaining, which totally jives with what you’re saying… I was super confused this morning!

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

I had 1 GP last night and thought I’d have another with the new day, but no. Maybe it goes on a 24-hour basis so I would get one tonight.
    Amount of LCs: last night it was only one. Remains to be seen if it will be one per day. I have a 20 LC on day 7 of the Daily Rewards. So it looks like that would be 27 per week vs 35/week before. Either this is a blatant attempt to push people to spend real money or we haven’t had enough time to see how the new version works yet.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@bubbley
    In America when I was a child every Sunday when we had leftover roast beef and potatoes from lunch we would have hash for supper . It was chopped beef and potatoes and carrorts. It become tradition, was yummy and lasted several days. If this is what you were speaking of we could all to come to eat and have a table discussion on the new update! Maybe it would help everyone with their anger issues. I guess we could roast a BIRD also.

angryde
    @angryde

@bubbley I deleted the buggy update as it was utterly unplayable. As long as you’re logged into your Rovio account the game should synch/save OK. I deleted it, hard reset the device, downloaded the clean/updated app, hard reset, opened the app, signed into my Rocio account and all was good. No more crashes, stutters, buggy graphics/sounds. Totally playable and AOK. And I’m playing on an ancient iPad 2!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

As usual (how disappointing) Rovio’s changes that they claim give us more rewards actually give us less. The exception is the 6 rolls for the cost of 5 for the GPMs.
    * Does anyone know if you get an extra coin from the GP if you are signed into FB? I finally saw a GP this morning, but I hadn’t signed into FB, for reasons explained above.
    * I used to get 35 LC per week. Now it appears that I will get 20 from the weekly awards for July plus 7 to ??? from the GP’s.
    * Does anyone know how frequently the GP’s appear, or how long they stay around? I might get more now that I know what to look for (a small GP) at the base of a level’s flagpole). How many times a day does Rovio expect us to log in and search for a GP to get the same number of LC as we used to get?
    * The daily GP and your credit for signing in each day started at a fixed time each day (I think around midnight) and lasted all day. Now it seems to be 24 hrs since the last time you claimed your daily reward. We all know this means you slip an hour or two each day unless you are totally dedicated to this game.
    * Do the daily rewards reset if you don’t log in at the “correct” time each day?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Was the Facebook login bug fixed for anyone who had it previously? If you still have it, would be interested to know your experience?
    Well, it “only” took me 3 minutes to log into FB just now. The first login attempt resulted in a return to the app selection screen, didn’t even restart Epic. Second attempt returned to Epic FB login screen with a message FB login failed. However, when I clicked login again, it immediately logged me in without going to FB. BTW, I am still logging in from the Red totem in the nest.
    [Edit]: Just noticed that even though I am logged into FB, and can see friends in nest, when I go to arena and look at the leaderboard, my leaderboard for friends is empty. Forgot to see if they are there for unranked battles.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde I did warn you. Do you mean you deleted Epic because I have only one app which has been updated? So do I delete that? What is a hard reset? What exactly do I then download, a completely new Epic?

Thanks

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde I did warn you. Do you mean you deleted Epic because I have only one app which has been updated? So do I delete that? What is a hard reset? What exactly do I then download, a completely new Epic?

Thanks

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bubbley — I was also having the new Epic crash without completing the loading. I was successful like @angryde by deleting app and reinstalling. I am also on an old iPad 2 and do use a Rovio account. If you don’t have a Rovio account, you will be forced to revert to your most recent update (hope you have one) or start all over again.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bubbley — OK — Detailed instructions for iPad:
    * Close Epic
    * Hard Close all apps: Double-press the round button, this should bring up a screen with all the apps you have opened since the last time you did a hard close. Swipe them off the top of the screen to close. I do this several times a day, since Rovio games can get very slow if there are a lot of apps open in the background.
    * Delete Epic: Press Epic until it starts jiggling and a small x appears in the upper left corner. Tap x, then delete on pop up screen. Get out of screen with jiggling icons by pressing round button.
    * Do a hard shutdown of your iPad: Press round button and on/off button simultaneously (you do this to make a screenshot), but hold for 10 to 20 seconds until screen goes black. If you release very quickly after screen is black it will stay black until you press the on/off button for a couple of seconds to get the Apple icon to appear. Otherwise the Apple icon will appear immediately. Either seems to work.
    * After device is restarted, you may have to tap round button to get initial swipe screen.
    * Open app store and install Epic.
    * Open Epic; go to Red Totem in nest when you can and sign in to your Rovio account. This time it made me play 2 beginning levels before I could go to nest.
    Good Luck

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.