Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

• Version 1.2.9 was just released for Android/iOS:

EPIC UPDATES:
    DAILY LOGIN CALENDAR – new rewards every day of the month!
    GOLDEN PIG HUNT – find the Golden Pig on the map for new bonus battles!
    DAILY DUNGEON HARD MODE – bigger challenge, bigger rewards! Available when you’ve completed all daily dungeons in normal mode.
    NEW SET ITEM FOR RED – available as reward in the daily login calendar!
    BUGFIXES

Here is the daily rewards for July (first reward claimed):
    Screenshot_2015-07-23-17-43-50.png

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 182 total)
  • Replies
  • PJng
    @pjng

Where golden pig locate? Cannot find it.

After update on play store (use about 50MB), and running game it download again, download assets 78.8MB.

kickbackmatt
    @kickback

Yeah and I have crashed 10 times already, great job….

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@kickback Epic is known for being a bit unstable after an update. Try to reboot your device, that usually fixes 90% of the issues.

burbman
    @burbman

Downloading update now. Level 45 still the top? New Caves/levels?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@burbman Yes, no new cave levels or increase in bird levels this time.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@all has anyone succeeded with Facebook login using iOS since installing this update. I have tried at least a dozen times. Also the game crashes if I try to play the new pig which of course then vanishes.

Yes I have closed everything and rebooted.

Thanks.

David
    @davidt18

One thing I have noticed about this update is my friends from facebook is less and also I don’t see my lvl 99999 friends anymore which sucks. Also still haven’t found the golden pig yet.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

When I logged in, it gave me a clue on where to find the golden pig. Then you will have to look in that area where the clue leads you to.. you’ll notice the Dot with flag on it will be golden with stars on it.. that’s the golden pig.. you will have to fight that stage (the golden pig will be there among with normal enemies) and defeat it and you’ll get the lucky coin as reward.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dragonofheart I use iOS. The clue leads you to a shiny shimmering blob is the best, if ineloquent, description I can give. I entered the battle the pig was there the game crashed and it had vanished after I relaunched.

Yet another Rovio triumph.

Lodz
    @lodz

This Golden Pig Hunt is a daily event or maybe more often (once on a couple hours)?
    What will happen with Golden Pigs from Golden Clouds? This two events will be exists simultaneously?

Rovio could write something more about new update….
    New set items i will received at the end of july?

kickbackmatt
    @kickback

all it does is crash great job.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I tried my Arena objectives. First battle it crashed. Second battle it crashed. Third battle it crashed. I am done with this piece of crap. I am also asking Robio for a full refund of any money I have spent.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Wow, the new version is working fine on my phone and blue stacks.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

It seems that it is the iOS version that have issues, am I right?

If so it would be nice if those that play on iOS could post what OS version, device they use and how the 1.2.9 version of Epic plays for them. Maybe we can figure out a pattern and possible a solution to the crashing.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I will report to Rovio, but major disappointment!
    I am also having problems with Epic crashing since the update. I am on an iPad 2 with IOS 7 (or is it 8?, I’m not sure where the IOS version is shown, but under Settings/General it says version 8.0, but I don’t remember updating). The first time I loaded the game it got to the map and showed me a message about the GP and a screen for the daily reward. When I clicked the daily reward it crashed. Since then I have tried the following 3 times, with the same results:
    Hard close all apps
    Hard shutdown of device and restart.
    When I load Epic, it gets to the map screen, shows the icons for nest and arena, freezes for a few seconds and then closes (black screen, sometimes followed by app selection screen, sometimes black screen is frozen).
    I guess the next thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall. I do have a Rovio account, so it should be OK, I hope.

Viking
    @viking

I haven’t had a crash yet, but I did play the golden pig and once I completed the battle, I noticed that it didn’t update my weekly status and didn’t give me any reward. If you can’t find your GP, just restart and look for the hint when you load the game. It is only up for a few moments.

Also, I think they fixed that one trick that everyone know but I will fail to mention in hopes that I am wrong. :P

Red7827
    @gulgor0

Seriously, what if it’s not Rovio’s fault but your phones? Maybe just some games doesn’t work well with low-end devices or else? Maybe it’s rather good time to upgrade your phone to make its games work better? I use Android Emulator that mostly uses my computer’s RAM and everything works swell. No crashes, no nothing, just few lags but never crashed.

Going to the topic:
    – When going to Golden Pig, there will be now list of all set items for all classes
    – The new set item is the one Rovio teased in previous tweets. It has 40% chance to deal 75% more damage. If I recall correctly, harmful effects double these stats.
    – The new set items are nowhere to be seen in daily rewards, so guess they are unlocked just like the every other sets.
    – The golden cloud fights seem to be gone and replaced with old Golden Pig system where you had to fight both Golden Pig and other pigs in one level. It also looks like new Golden Pig drops 1 LC upon being killed.
    – For some reason, after my longer inactivity, Rovio rewarded me with 80 LCs just because they thought I was taking a “holidays”.
    – The new harder dungeons are called “Elite” dungeons and simply have stronger pigs. As an upside, you can now get rewarded with up to maximum! 400 coins (250 coins as a main prize, 65 coins as others)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

OK — I deleted Epic and reinstalled it. It now mostly works. although I haven’t been able to log in to FB. Also, I can’t see the GP, which was supposed to be on Snow Mountain. I am going to be very unhappy if you get fewer LC per week than before.
    Does anyone know how often a GP appears?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I got another notice about a GP in the bamboo forest, but I couldn’t find it. How obvious are the markers for the GP. I’m not going to play all of the bamboo forest in hopes of finding a GP.

Fluffy
    @fluffyjesus

Just hit midnight here, reloaded the game and the GP didnt appear.

rip 35 LC/week

EDIT: @mvnla2 it isnt very noticeable if you have the map zoomed all the way out, you have to zoom in n the map as much as you can and scrutinise the general area they hinted at

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

This update does not seem to have fixed the bug that logs you out of FB every time you close the game.Seems to take even longer than before, since the loading of the game takes longer. You still seem to need to restart your device and then try 2 or 3 restarts to log into FB.
    PATHETIC! Especially since they said they would fix it in this update.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@fluffyjesus — Even zoomed all the way in, I can’t see anything. It might help if someone posted a screenshot.

Viking
    @viking

@mvnla2

The GP float above the level it is located at and the size of the GP is equivalent to the size of your birds on the map. Hope that helps.

minigurlnikki
    @minigurlnikki

What happened to the daily golden pig?

Lodz
    @lodz

Yesterday i have killed GP (it was next to my birds). I received daily prize at 2:00am, dungeon opened at 2am CET. I thought that GP appear at 2am too, but i can’t see it.
    Old system gave 35LC’s per week. How many LC’s is from new system?
    Too much questions. Rovio can’t write everything clearly about new update? They wrote only couple sentences.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.