Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 194 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@mighty-red-1 Congrats on clearing the new caves. I’m on 19-3 ATM and am getting my bottom kicked! Even with potions! XD But it’s fun for a change… I’ll admit.

@sutekh137
    Completely understand your position… anything – when engaged in enough – can become a ritual and/or trigger ritualized behaviors. The grind taps into this vulnerability vis-à-vis “people like us.” XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny Not only that but when you purchase anything in shop, the whole menu drops down to the bottom of the screen and pops back up. It used to show that animation while buying classes only (where the purchased class would disappear and the rest would be arranged accordingly hence the purpose of the animation) but it now happens in all screens. Try buying a potion from the shop (you can just buy a Snoutling one); you’ll know what I mean.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So question to anyone:

I am going to enchant some sets. What do you think I should choose?

Red: Dragon or Titan or Steel
    Chuck: Time or Lightning or Mana
    Blues: Ballista or Remote.

I have already enchanted Rock for Bomb and Nightmare for Matilda.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer are we going to re-ignite this? :)

Opinions will vary, but my two cents:

Red: Dragonbreath is a no-brainer
    Chuck: Chrono is out, for sure. I would argue for TL, but Mana is obviously a good choice
    Blues: Ballista (a more overall useful Set, for a Class I don’t use often)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

I totally agree about Nightmare for Matilda — my problem is that it is my weakest set because I rolled it WAY back.

I love The Hook for Bomb — that ability to hit so hard once you get a baddie down below 50% is outstanding. Very handy against bosses, the Tinker Titan, and now pretty much any enemy in the Caves.

As for your actual question (*smile*) I really like Ballista for Blues because I am an all-offense kind of guy and I love Spies. I just like knowing I am going to hit hard rather than having chance-based augmentation (like with RC Robot). Then again, a reason I upgraded Ballista (and the Bolts) up to 10 was because it was my best weapon set at the time (both level 62).

For Chuck I prefer the Sonic Orb because I love resetting counters. It is super handy in the Arena and now very handy in the Caves. I have cleared levels in the Caves where if Chuck hadn’t reset the counter on a big-bad I would have lost a bird (or had to use an MEFD).

For Red I do indeed love the Dragon set, and it is not even my most powerful (one part of the Titan set has a slight edge). I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the sets you mention — Red will get it done.

The bigger problem is the problem that has always been in play — you finally get a decent set, you use all your shards to upgrade it, and then they raise the level 10 or 20 increments and you’re left with a non-optimal weapon. In Cave 19 I am getting weapons that out-strip the set-based ones I have because they are mostly level 52 and so are definitely showing their age. That’s the part of the grind that is perhaps the most frustrating (for me).

Good luck!
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless @sutekh137 Thanks for the suggestions. Thing is, I am an offense guy and thus tend to enchant/equip set items with the “Might” attribute. Yes, the set bonus for Dragon Breath and Twin Lightning is better but both of them have “Vitality” for the offhand which increases health but reduces attack. This time I will keep my items as Dragon for Red and Lightning for Chuck.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@datguygamer For arena I find mana more useful than lightning, although for grinding lightning is more useful. Same separation for ballista/remote: arena/grinding. Since you are almost through grinding for now, if I were you, I would focus on the arena-useful sets.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Lightning is pretty great, and was my standard for a while until I got higher-level Sonic stuff and discovered how awesome resetting counters was…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui @sutekh137 Thanks for the suggestions. :)

angryde
    @angryde

@epicgrindr I am STILL laughing about your “official response”… days later. Oh, what a world!

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

Is it still possible to earn flaming pumpkins on “regular” levels?

DD
    @toolow

@joanna-caccavo Yes, at the Pumpkin Plateau – 2, even though it is not the main prize.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Hey all,

Well, I finished off the Boss in Cave 19 just now, pretty fun stuff. I used Wizard and Treasure Hunter (because it hits hardest and has a chance to reset the counter), and brought along Porky as my third. I ate Infernal Veggie Cake like crazy and kept the bad guy stunned or counter-reset (I also use Sonic set on Chuck) and took him out in 13 rounds:

Average damage per round: 26,291
    Max damage per round: 31,820
    Min damage per round: 20,130
    Mode damage per round: 25,422

I probably could have let him start charging more often because with Chucks rage attack that gave me two chances of 25% to reset the counter (Sonic) and two chances at 65% to reset him (Treasure Hunters). But I played it pretty safe and ate enough Veggie Cake to usually hit him with both Chuck and Blues rage ability each round. Porky just kept everyone buffed for maximum offense.

Anyway, the star collection is at 1086/1086, so I think I’m putting the game down for now. I might come back, but probably won’t. Then again, I might wait a few more days just to get my GP rainbow bar to max (it is close) and get one more piece of epic gear now at the higher level. But no more Dojo or grinding for me…

Thanks to everyone on this board for great discussions and great knowledge! You are all assets to the gaming community!

Thanks
    sutekh137

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    Dragon set is far the best set for the Red for almost every situation in the game without any doubt. Maybe the best set in the game of them all.
    It is very hard to say which Chuck’s set is best because his sets are useful in different situations. I would say that Mana set, TL set or Reset set are very useful. Time set is almost useless due to its very low chance of procing so u cant never rely on it (u can only hope :) ).
    Beep set is most universal set for Blues, best in most situations in the game. Artillery set is good only and only versus single enemy. BTW. Beep set is also useful vs single enemy – which makes it really universal.
    I would say that Finisher set is best set for Bomb. I use only Seadog when I use Bomb, and when dealing with enemies with really high health.
    Matilda has 3 sets wich are useful: Sweet, Nightmare, Lasting song. I like Sweet set because it can make critical dmg with similar chance of stunning when using Nightmare (Lasting Song) in the hands of the Bard. As we know it also improves any healing of all your Birds. But everything depands on the situation.

angryde
    @angryde

@sutekh137 Well done and fare thee well, mate! I for one will greatly miss your contributions! (however, I fully understand your need to take a break!)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryde

If any of my contributions helped you out, then you are very welcome! I usually feel like a freshman in high school around the other great players/thinkers on these forums!

Fare thee well, yourself! *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@sutekh137
    Are you kidding! You have always provided a lot of help and entertainment for me from the start. Thanks for all of your contributions. I know there are many nesters that feel the same.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dallasreds

Entertainment, I’ll buy. *smile*

You ever get your game back? Hope so!

Good luck!
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 Are you leaving?

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@datguygamer

Yeah, I am going to hang around to get one more epic gear, and of course that will tempt me to stay for the Pirate event, but the die has been cast…

Plus, today Seasons and Bad Piggies dropped a new version. It’s awesome — Seasons totally nuked my progress on the past three episodes, and Bad Piggies added a weird competition area that adds nothing to the game except to try to force more IAP, but, yeah, you know, totally, like, hey, what, huh? Yeah, I’ll probably stick around for all of it for a few more days. I am envisioning a time when I am totally Rovio-free, and it feels like a healthy choice. I have always been their customer to lose, and I’ll be damned if they haven’t done everything in their power to mis-place me as eyeballs to watch ads.

But realistically speaking, I am guessing Epic will be uninstalled from my iPhone in about a week. And once uninstalled… If I can be strong, it won’t come back.

You’re up to mastery 70 across the board from what I hear, though — didn’t realize you spent so much on LC… You should be fine. *smile*

Later,
    sutekh137

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sutekh137 I am one of those who has loads of coins and thus even after using up so much I still have lots. Still nice to know you’re still here.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui What happened to your game? Looks like you’re in the same position as @dallasreds.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@toolow I was referring to something that happened at least a year ago, maybe longer. When was the Sonic event where we got Illusionist, it happened during that event so I missed getting Illusionist for a while? Anyway, I logged out of my Rovio account, the game fuzzed for a second, and everything was gone. All my progress. So I sent a support request to Rovio, and eventually they restored my game. But it took them at least a week.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jamairoqui I guess so many tickets are being posted and there aren’t many to respond, thus taking more time than usual. Ive only ever seen seen three names at most: Ellie, Pawel, Pekka.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui Strange. Your game seemed fixed over a day ago and now run into the same problem again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic v1.5.5 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.