Angry Birds Epic Update History & Changelog

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Update History & Changelog

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • Krypto
    @krypto

1) Bug – Rage Chili still doesn’t work sometimes when you use it at the start of a round/start of your own turn (as of latest update .011).

I noticed it will fill right up, but not get highlighted. Sometimes it will “reset” itself and “fill” back up after this bug happens, even though it still shows the rage chili as still “full”.

1a) I’ve made it to Level 27 birds. It occurred right after the 1.0.11 update. However at the time I was grinding for ingredients – I was about half way to Level 28 birds when ABE just stopped and quit. Making it to Level 26 and 27 birds gave me gold coins.

Level 25 appears to be a “soft” cap of sorts as making gold + bonus damage and health for the birds after level 25 still works (must be for future caves + future Level increase).

2) Bug – Previously – I had a “bug” where every once in a while you would be asked to see a video for a free roll – I would do this and while watching the video there would be an icon on the bottom right of the screen for the video link. Usually clicking on this link would bring you to the browser for the advert.

However there was a weird issue where I would click on the link – but it would not work (it wouldn’t open the browser for the advert….so I clicked on the link like 10-20 times before the video ended, and usually I would get 5-10 “free” rolls because it kept thinking I was finished/finishing watching the movie after clicking on that link.

This video “bug” doesn’t appear to work anymore after the .011 update.

3a) Bug – Not exactly sure if it’s a bug or just programming error. When using healing birds/powers they will sometimes heal an already fully healed buddy instead of healing someone hurt.

3b) Bug – When auto attacking – if the birds have a full rage chili they will “waste” it on the weakest enemy, or an enemy they cannot damage (for example – does not take more than 166 damage). Example – Red bird attacking prince porky with his super slash.

4) Bug – When using the combination of Bomb (Hulk smash), 3birds, and red – if you use Bombs ability to “copy attack of friendly target” – on my next turn after it is cast and I attack with Red bird – Bomb will attack then move into the middle position exactly between Red Bird and 3birds (3birds are usually at the bottom for me) – so if i try and select bomb – it is nearly impossible because 3birds is blocking bomb and his select circle.

5) Issue – If you leave Angry Birds Epic on too long, whether by playing or leaving it on in the background (android by the way) it starts to get slow/clunky and seems to eventually just quit by itself. It seems to be worse when grinding for ingredients. Possible memory leak?

6) Issue/bug – When offered for a free “Pig cherry juice #” via video – after watching the video it does not always give the free pig cherry juice saying “You did not watch the whole video” even though, I actually did watch the video the whole way.

7) Sometimes if you attack an enemy that will attack you right back (by way of an enemies ability) if I go too quickly to attack with one of the other birds before the enemy attacks back – my turn will either end right away, or my bird won’t attack, and his circle select disappears, even though i can still select him.

That might be two different issues.

8) Bug/issue – Every once in a while on the main screen – the egg button (bottom right) or the tools button (bottom left) cannot be pressed – if you press them it appears to show the pressed animation, but does not take you to the bird/anvil/cauldron screen. This seems to happen on any yellow-button (the back arrow, tools button, egg button).

Danke_
    @danke

Some little changes were added to improve the flow of the game: 1. when killing multiple enemies at once, they all give XP and coins at the same time, unlike in the previous versions. 2.When recycling your best item, a warning’ll pop up asking the user if it wants to do that.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@krypto – Regarding point 6 – this bug existed before, and not just in the free potions, but also in the other “watch a video” bonuses – the one for getting a free Golden Pig Machine roll and the one for getting +10% health/attack in a battle. What happens is that some of the videos are too short to register, so even if you do watch the whole thing it claims you didn’t. Not sure if it helps, but every time I watch one of those videos, I always wait on the screen afterwards for about 5-10 more seconds before going back to the game. Maybe placebo effect but it hasn’t happened again since I started doing that.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Some of the things krypto mentioned aren’t bugs, but he said he was able to get to level 27 after the update. I’m on iOS and I still don’t gain any experience after the update. It still shows level 25 (max level) and the experience needed to gain a level is still at -1.

Danke_
    @danke

@killerkea it’s possible that we have the same situation as in the Global release update: players have a different max level cap that it’s situated between 25 and X. Only time can tell if this it’s indeed true.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@All — So is the consensus that you should update, or not?

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

@KillerKea – What do you mean by “buy” set items?

@MVNLA2
    – Don’t update – Haven’t seen much value.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

One feature I like is that you won’t be able to accidentally recycle your best equipment now, but some annoying bugs still exist. For example, the bug where you can keep buying the pig cherry juice rank 3 over and over again is still present. If you want to be able to defeat the daily dungeons more than once a day, then don’t update.

Krypto
    @krypto

@SqueakyMcgee I’ll try that out.

@MVLNA I would say the update is worth it if you are maxed out (25) and if you do not need snoutlings. As you can only play the daily dungeons once now with the new update instead of re-playing them over and over in the previous version.

I almost have no use for snoutlings now that i am maxed, I have about 12,000.

There is definite improvement in the auto combat behavior in the new update (still not that great though).

– Things I have seen improved in auto-combat

1) Chili is actually used instead of “disappearing” and getting “used up” with a birds regular attack.

2) Birds actually attack instead of getting skipped once in a while.

Lastly, it would be nice if the next update included more dungeons. Also need a way to get more “Free” gold – it’s real slow trying to save for 300 gold for 1 birds master hat especially making only 2-8gold per day (including the facebook +1 gold increase per day).

Also we need another way to spend snoutlings – being maxed out I really have no use for them now, as I farmed for everything that I needed for equipment and potions.

It would be really nice if you could convert snoutlings to gold. Now that there is a daily dungeon cap, maybe a 5k-10k to 1 gold conversion ratio would work? The finer details could always be worked out later.

Edit: Also not sure if I mentioend but I am currently capped at level 27. Cannot go any further. I suspect the leveling was partly due to a problem with the update (which corrected itself).

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@chinolatino
    You can buy set items by spending 20 lucky coins on the pig machine.

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

@KillerKea – Is this new because last time I tried the 20 LC it didn’t get you a set item. It was just a normal spin with more fill on your meter. I actually got no set items from the spin. Has this changed?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I haven’t done a 20 lucky coin spin, but I figured that was how many people here got their 10, 20 or more set items.

The 20 coin spin doesn’t guarantee you’ll get a set item, but it does give you a much greater chance to get one. Put your finger on the Golden Pig machine when you are at the spin screen for Rovio’s description of how it works. Too bad it doesn’t say how much of a chance you get for a cheap roll and how much of a chance you get for an expensive roll. However you are guaranteed a set item when you fill up the rainbow. I’ve done about 50 cheap spins and I’ve gotten 4 set items which works out to 8%. That sample size is too small to make an accurate estimate of the frequency. Hopefully someone can post how many items they got set items from expensive spins so we can see if it is worth it to buy an expensive spin. If my 8% number is accurate, then the expensive spin needs to produce a set item 54% of the time or more in order to make it worth while. Otherwise it is better to buy a lot of cheap spins. However I don’t know how much more the 20 coin spin adds to the rainbow compared to the 3 coin spin.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

Personally, I think that 20 coins is simply not worth it, unless you’re putting money into the game and have coins to burn. There are other much better things to spend your hard-earned lucky coins on. Get the Golden Chili, the 5 special classes and at least one Master class first. Golden Cauldron/Forge are nice but optional. (I got the Cauldron when it was on sale for 60 coins, was a nice way to make alchemy less tedious.) Definitely don’t use them to revive birds, purchase Snoutlings, or re-roll the Mighty Eagle’s training roster. The cheap roll might be worth it if you’ve got most of the things you want already. To get an idea, note that you can only get 35 per week (once you’ve gotten all the chests and reached max level). Look at something you want and divide by 35. That’s how many weeks it’ll take to get it. E.g. Diamond Cauldron at 700 will take 700 / 35 = 20 weeks (yes, 5 months) to afford…

DarkHunterRPGx
    @darkhunterrpgx

I could make a video with 50spins every version – 50*20LC and 50*3LC, if you want know it

(I have actually over 3000LC)

chunbogbog
    @chunbogbog

^
    ^
    It will be very appreciated ^-^

DarkHunterRPGx
    @darkhunterrpgx

OK then I will make it today, Im not sure that I finish the video today – because some videoedits – but I try my best ^^ I post the videolink here then, when it is finished

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

@Squeaky McGee – I agree that the 20 LC per spin are not worth it. Neither are the 3 LC. I spun 3 times on the 20 LC on one cloned account. It does fill up much faster, but never got a set item. I haven’t spun on the 3 LC either. I don’t think that the cauldron or anvil are work spending LC on either. I rather use my friend hearts for re-spins. I think the golden chili might be worth it, but I never spent any on it. I’ve only used my LC on headgear and accidentally on clicking for next button in the trainer which blew.

On video rolls I get maybe up to 3-4 set items until I get to the guaranteed roll. Sometimes I only get 1-2 before getting there. However, not that I’ve beat all the levels, I’m not motivated to watch videos all day.

I’ve never used the cauldron to make anything. I’ve only used the anvil, but I usually just find out which level had the items I need and just replay it over and over again.

DarkHunterRPGx
    @darkhunterrpgx

Videos are recorded, but editing needs some time – I think tomorrow the video is online.

With the 20LC Spins, Ive got so much set items .. and with the 3LC spins – im not sure anymore, but I think I got zero or just one. Not sure – you can see it in the video then

Over 1150LCs spent :D but I have all things in the game

DarkHunterRPGx
    @darkhunterrpgx

So i worked a little bit at it – its on now :)
    Hope you enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Jnvr4pyrU

Amount of Setitems with 3LC: 2 (two) 4% every roll to get a Setitem
    Amount of Setitems with 20LC: 13 (thirteen) 26% every roll to get a Setitem
    (Please correct me, if I count wrong – thanks)

Please dont hate me for german overlay :P

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Set items are clearly the best items in the game, but some sets aren’t very useful. I think the only blue prints worth creating are located in cave 5 and that is the last part of the game so you won’t get to use those items much.

The rage chili is the best thing in the game to spend LC on especially if you can buy it on sale.

Thanks DarkHunterRPG for spending all those LC and letting us know the results. If those are the average results, then it doesn’t matter much if you choose the 3 LC or the 20 LC spin. The 20 LC spin costs 6.67 times more so the percentage should be 6.67 times greater or more. 4 * 6.67 = 26.67%. If the spins, move the rainbow the same amount proportionally and have the same chance proportionally, then the 3 LC spin is better since you’ll gain more resources when you recycle the unwanted items and some of those regular pig items might be good enough to replace current equipment you may have.

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

@DarkHunterRPGx – How did you record the video and what platform are you playing on?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

After watching your video I think the best strategy might be to use the 20 LC spins until the star at the end of the rainbow lights up which guarantees a set item. When it is lit or very close to being lit you should spend 3 LC. Why waste 20 LC when you are already guaranteed a set item? It looks like it takes 5 20 LC spins to light the rainbow. It takes about 50 spins to light the rainbow when you use 3 LC spins so the 20 LC option might be better if all you care about are set items.

Chris
    @chriss

Don’t forget that 5 expensive rolls fill the rainbow bar fully. So every 6 rolls you get a guaranteed set item. You need 103 LC to get a set item for sure, if you absolutely want to have one.

DarkHunterRPGx
    @darkhunterrpgx

@killerkea I think its average, after 50rolls it should be a good result.
    Maybe its the same, but with 20LC its faster :D for ppl without time
    I would prefer the 20LC per spin, I dont need any ressources – I have over 1200wood, and the other crap :D there are not enough good receipes to use all materials :(

@chinolatino
    with Dxtory – its on PC with an App-Player

@killerkea
    -second post :D yea this would be smart, because you save 17LC

Pourquoi
    @whynot

I can win some friendship battles without a friend’s bird. But I can’t repeat it anyway… I wish I could. I mean, I understand the “use the bird once”, but if I only use two of mine, repeating the fight shouldn’t be an issue.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Update History & Changelog

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.