Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 2,126 through 2,150 (of 3,189 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@gulgor0 @mvnla2 The Facebook bug is only present on iOS so anyone playing Epic on anything else than that will not have those issues.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Latests from Rovio:

Hey,

and thanks for your reply!

We simply don’t have the resources to start pushing out a separate update for fixing the FB issue – it’s about manpower. An update always requires a test cycle and certain bureaucracy for getting it out, so it would not be efficient at all trying to work on two separate updates at the same time. It’s better to include the fix in the one version that we have already been working on.

Moreover, updating Epic to a 64-bit supported version is taking time, because it requires us to move some of Epic’s assets to our servers, away from the game client. This is because the 64-bit versions are always bigger in size, yet Apple requires the client size to be under 100 megabytes if we want the game to be downloadable over mobile networks. That’s something that consumes a lot of the developers’ resources as well. There are a lot of moving parts here – re-designing Epic’s architecture to include the updated API, and at the same time, decrease the build size with several tens of megabytes. It’s not an easy task, and I hope that you understand where we are coming with this. We do understand that the FB connection issues are annoying and hamper the gaming experience. We, too, want to get them fixed. But getting these sorted out is not always so straightforward as there are other variables in the equation, too.

Thanks for your patience!

Best regards,

Pekka
    Rovio Support Team

Looks like they might have read the comment from someone, which I don’t see now, about how conversion to 64-bit is trivial.
    So I guess we all will have to be patient whether we want to or not.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

…because it requires us to move some of Epic’s assets to our servers, away from the game client…

Please let it be the Arena score calculations that are among the resources moved to the server :-)

RedIsEpic
    @redisepic

About Poseidon Pig, It is possible. I managed to get a 2 star with Knight Red, Mage Chuck and Spies Blues. The instructions are quite simple.

LottieAbe
    @czcalvert

If the Facebook bug is only on iOs, why do I have it on Android? I have tried everything I can figure out how to do, but I haven’t been able to connect to Facebook since my last post. I’ve managed workarounds for every other bug in this game that’s shown up on my phone, but this one is proving more stubborn than I am.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@czcalvert — Best thing to do is to submit a support request to Rovio. Be sure to tell them how much time you are wasting, and how many LC and FE you haven’t got because of this.
    I use IOS, so I’m not sure what the equivalent is on Android. On IOS the best luck I’ve had is to close all apps running in the background, do a hard shutdown (on IOS this is different from a simple power off); restart, reopen Epic, go to the red totem in the nest and log in to FB from there. This may return you to the Epic startup sequence, in which case you try logging in from the red totem again, and again.. It has sometimes taken me 4 or 5 tries, and sometimes I’ve just given up and tried again later.
    Good Luck!
    I almost feel guilty about the next post I plan to make.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Maybe posting this will end my good luck streak, but wanted to know if anyone else is having the same experience.
    Since late afternoon yesterday, I’ve been able to login to FB in two tries, at least once just 1. Is this a fluke, or did Rovio fix something on their servers?
    I still get logged out every time I exit the game, and now every time I enter the CC, the game quits.
    Also, today I’ve only gotten 1 FE and no free rolls. : (

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@redisepic No one said that Poseidon Pig was impossible. He just had a lot of power, so set items, a good strategy, and possibly luck were mandatory to win with all 3 birds alive. Winning it is rather easy once you’ve reached level 25 and have the above requirements (even easier with mastery), but 3 stars is harder. Anyways, the Maelstrom doesn’t have a repeating chest, and the pig doesn’t give much loot, so it’s not worth it to grind there.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — It was definitely a very lucky streak. This morning I fully expected to log on in one or 2 tries, so wasn’t counting. It took at least 6!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 it takes me anything between 2 and 6 tries. I get 5 FE everyday but free rolls are hit and miss as are friends using my machine.

kickbackmatt
    @kickback

iS THE MINI HORROR BOSS Fight bugged. Cant get 3 stars

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@kickback
    Do you mean the Poseiden level? the critter with massive damage and hit points under the whirlpool?

If so, then no, there is no bug, because lots of folks have three stars.

Search the forums for a thread about that (not sure where it is). There are several strategies, the best ones exploiting the fact that the baddie hits x5. So, if you defensively buff a forced target with something that hits back per hit…

In addition to that strategy, I think I also three-starred it by simply going crazy with rage cake. If you have Blues in there to stun the creature every time, and have heavy hitters along with someone who can buff offense, you can three-star it that way as well. I’d use three cakes every round, pounding him with Blues rage attack and Red’s rage attack every other time (or throw Chuck in there, his rage attack is even better if you have high mastery and good gear on everyone).

Good luck!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

EDIT: Sorry, I meant Maelstrom, and the thread for fighting him can be found here:

Angry Birds Epic Maelstrom Walkthrough

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

To 3-star Maelstorm I used Samurai with Titan Set, Priest with Nightmare, and Marksmen with Ballista. Just keep attacking and stun him as much as you can, and always give the Chilli to the Blues.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@kickback Did all your birds finish with full health at the boss?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Not sure if this is a bug or a cheat. This morning in th Arena I came across a 45/9 player with a mismatched banner and vengeance. Easy with my set up except after winning the toss I didn’t get another turn. It happens with time jump but not vengeance. Any one else experienced this?

Angry Birds Lover
    @angryyashi

In one arena battle today, my red bird (Paladin) wouldn’t attack after he resurrected from being knocked out. The blue circle underneath him doesn’t appear. I can’t do anything about it now. Also, my rage chili isn’t filled up yet.

Roopin
    @roopin-league

TO: LottieAbe @czcalvert

I also have issues when I try and Facebook connect on AB-Epic.. I have tried everything. Idk what the problem is but know your not the only one w/ this ridiculous issue.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@czcalvert — Best to send a support request directly to Rovio. They can’t get too many on this issue, since they haven’t fixed it.
    Not sure what platform you play on, but I play on an old iPad 2. I always close all apps (including Epic) running it the background before opening Epic. I use the red totem in the nest to log in to FB. Wait without doing anything else. This generally gets you back to the Epic island screen; so go to the red totem in the nest and log in to FB again. If you are lucky, you will to directly to the red totem page. If so, wait for 10 or more sec, and you will be logged in. This may take a few tries. It is very important to have no time delay caused by you between your first log-in attempt and your second.
    If this doesn’t work, try closing all apps running in the background and then doing a hard shutdown of you device and restart.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well so much for my advice. : ( Every time I start thinking the log-in problem is getting better, I get an even worse log-fail experience like this morning. I haven’t been counting, but must be at least 10 attempts, including a hard shutdown, and I’m still not logged in.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 It’s so strange, mate, as we use the same device and employ the same log-in/on method… as I’m always able to log in if I employ the method I’ve/you’ve previously described. Did you nut-up and upgrade to iOS 8.3!? It’d be interesting to know if that makes a difference for you… and, if not, why not!?

MatasL
    @matasl

bug in SRC
    1 zombie somehow got chucks wizard energize. My 8 lvl birds stunted after hitting this zombie, they almost beated me

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — I’m still on IOS 7. Maybe that’s why?

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 Ahhh, cool. When I wrote that post I was ruminating over whether or not you’d taken the chance… after our little exchange a while ago. Perhaps it is as simple as that, eh!? Sorry to read that the bug is still SUCH a hassle for you!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 perhaps you should just upgrade? I run iOS 8.3 and for the last three days have logged on first time. I don’t know how to close all apps etc unless you just power off which I always do. Of course I could have now jinxed it.

EggStealer
    @eggstealer

Hi! I have faced an issue with the pirates. When Matilda stunned them and they immuned, they countered, without a supportive skill. Is that a bug?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 2,126 through 2,150 (of 3,189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.