Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 3,189 total)
  • Replies
  • Rzulf
    @jogibabu

Hello.

I have strange bug – solved.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

Hey all,

I have had this happen before, but this morning it is happening all the time, every few minutes. What happens is that I fight a battle, spin, click the “fight again” button, it loads, and the screen comes up. But the screen is completely unresponsive. I see the birds and pigs twitching and there are blue circles around the birds, but I cannot click any buttons nor drag any birds.

Even if I leave the app and come back, and it goes to the screen with continue, restart, and exit buttons on the left, nothing will respond to my touch. I have to kill Epic and start it again to get back to responsiveness.

I know it is not my tablet, because every other app works fine (including Angry Birds games). And Epic never freezes up on any screen other than right as the battle is starting. I can make potions at the cauldron for 10-15 minutes straight, repetitively clicking much like for battling, and no freeze-ups. I have completely rebooted the tablet, have reinstalled Epic, and re-synced to the cloud account — nothing is helping today.

My theory is that this is an ad display gone wrong. When ads display, I imagine Rovio just puts a lock on the Epic screen until processing returns from displaying the ad (to prevent getting around longer ads with the back button, etc.) But in this case the ad is not showing right and the screen just stays stuck (and it stays stuck for many minutes, longer than any ad I have ever seen). That’s just speculation on my part, though.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on a workaround? It’s pretty annoying when just trying to grind out snoutlings on Western Cobalt Plateau, for example…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

I noticed that Porky’s tit-for-tat cannot be debuffed in King Pig’s castle. If you debuff (I test with both lightning bird and Matilda w/comb) the animation shows “dispelled”, but he continues to do the extra 30%dmg and takes an add’l 15%dmg. iOS 1.0.14.

ChristyH
    @christyh

Yikes!
    I was at level 32, playing in Chronicle Cave 7 (last boss level), when suddenly the game shut down and when I restarted, I was back at the beginning of the game (level 1). What happened? A new update gone wrong? Can I get my old status/birds back? I’m playing on the Kindle Fire.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Did you check to see if you were logged out of your Rovio Account?

Gemma
    @gemma-r

After latest update on my WP I haven’t had free rolls.
    So it does not just depend on updates discrepancies. I just don’t have them anymore.
    Plus for a see now the wealthy rogue has disappeared.
    I uses to meet him quite often. Not anymore.
    What the hell is going on?

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

My iPhone 4S crashes often (in at Level 21 on that device). Usually when I finish a battle and go back to the map.

I also sometimes try to drag the rage chili, fail and it disappears having been dragged nowhere.

In a separate account which I play on an iPad2 with a DIFFERENT Facebook account: I’m level 29 and I get no more free-rolls from my Level 21 Facebook Friend… it says “free roll” but when I select the FB friend, it shows MY nest, not his and there is no free roll.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

To follow up my prior post… it appears that the free-rolls were restored on my iPad. I hadn’t upgraded. And now I’m not stuck at level 29 anymore.

However the iPhone 4s crashes continue and that *IS* at the latest ABE version.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gemma-r and @toothGnasher — I had similar problems not getting free rolls. I am on an iPad 2, and even after I updated, did not get free rolls. I had deleted 2 facebook friends who played on Android before the update because I could not access their machine. I finally started getting free rolls after re-friending one of the people I unfriended. I also signed out of FB both from Epic and from FB, did a complete hard close of all apps running in background and a hard shutdown of iPad. After I restarted, I signed into FB from Epic.
    I had also contacted Rovio support when this first happened, and after the upgrade. They sent me ~200 LC as compensation.
    I would suggest you both contact Rovio support. They actually seem interested in these sorts of problems.
    Good Luck.

VectorRoll
    @warbnull

@Sutekh137

I have been having the game freeze as well during the start of some battles. Your thoughts on it being something to do with the ad makes sense. I have seen the hulu app cause my tv to go to a black sceen when some comercial come on when using my mini-hdmi cable. So I can certainly see some comercials causing issues like this freezing in Angry Birds Epic. In fact since this started happening I have noticed that none of the video comercials or ads have appeared. The only ones I have seen were the still images. So it has to be the ones that start as videos.

Anyways this is on my ASUS Transforme TF300T using Android 4.2.1 if that matters.

You know I would love for Rovio to make an Ad Free version of Epic. I would buy that in a heartbeat. :)

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@VectorRoll

Thank you thank you, it is just good to know I’m not crazy!

It is still happening pretty regularly, and I think it is some of the newer(ish) ads like the one with the koala sleeping (it’s a Google ad, video-based). As you state, this ad is a video, and when I have this issue, I don’t see any video-based ads. Epic is pretty notorious for having those video ads (some are quite long before you can skip and seem to play every 3 or 4 times, so I agree with you about an ad-free version!), and when a new batch of them come out (for a new movie, TV show, or product), that’s when I have problems with Epic for a while.

Actually, it would probably be fairly silly for me to buy an ad-free version at this point considering I’m all three-starred and done with all current Caves. I’ve already paid my dues in terms of ad revenue… *smile*

Rovio, please put a timeout (the same timeout that the ad would force you to honor would work), and if nothing displays, let the main game unfreeze after that time. No other Angry Birds games appear to have this issue, so they must know how to deal with ads that don’t display properly.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

JugoAlan
    @jugoalan

This is a very strange bug.
    You know you can visit friends birds and roll for free their golden pig. Well I can’t do that anymore.
    This is what happened to me:
    A friend had the free golden pig, I visited him and instead it directed me to my own camp with no free golden pig. As you can assume I had to press back twice in order to get to the map (2times on my own camp).
    When the update was released my friend simply disappeared from my game. So I cannot acces neither his camp nor the free golden pig. EVER
    My friend dissapeard from my list but I can still give him essence of friendship and receive from him.

I tried even deleting the game. And the same thing happened.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Have you verified that you’re logged into your Rovio Account and Facebook Account?

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

I have noticed that with the latest update, when a bird is stunned when completing a stage of a wave battle, it remains stunned for the first turn of the next stage. Thus, a 1-turn stun turns into a 2-turn stun.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

@toothgnasher – iphone 4s constantly crashes for me too. No issue on ipad 4.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@jugoalan: I had the identical problem once I reached level 29. After upgrading my iPad to the latest, I get free rolls again.

sushiyogurt
    @sushiyogurt

In the wizpig’s castle, after I completed the first wave, another ally joins the team, and then the game’s stuck

The enemy doesnt do anything, I can’t control any of the birds, the circles doesnt appear under my team

kaupov
    @kaupov

When trying to log in with Rovio account, the keyboard won’t open, so I cant enter any login data.

Using Sony ST27i.

Nourix
    @nourix

Anyone here tried to play on BlueStacks (Android Emulator)?

Everytime i play the Golden Pig and it attacks me, the game shutdowns…and i also noticed that it attacks the bird further from the screen (“upper” bird), even if i have him going after another one (i used blue Cupcake ability).

RizDub
    @rizdub

My brother and I are Facebook friends, and we’ve both tried to add each other in Epic. After a long time where nothing happened between us, he started showing up on my friends list, but I still don’t show up on his friends list.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I’m much farther along the game than he is (he’s around level 7, and I’m at level 16)?

Gemma
    @gemma-r

New update also brought a new sort of potion, made with 5 friendship essences.
    Usually if you try to make a potion and you’re out of ingredients, an offer will appear to let you buy what’s missing for some snoutlings.
    This happens with the endurance potion too, except when you click to buy it nothing happens. I believe it’s a real bad bug, because the only other way you can have friendship essence is through buying it for LC. Which I don’t mean to spend for that.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@gemma-r

Then isn’t it a _good_ thing that it doesn’t automatically buy? Are you saying you want it to go ahead and buy even though that charge is real cash? I think I am misunderstanding you…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Gemma
    @gemma-r

No @sutekh137, maybe I wasn’t clear.
    When you miss ingredients to make a potion, a little window appears offering you to buy what’s missing for a price in snoutlings. It works with all potions (I tried) except the new endurance one. The offer appears but when you click to buy it does not work, nothing happens. As in “you cannot buy friendship essence with snoutlings, but only with LC.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@gemma-r

Ah, I see. And yes, it is odd that they don’t have that worked out, probably due to the LC/snoutling difference that you mention.

sutekh137

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

Since the upgrade I’m seeing crashes. Kinda sucks.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 3,189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.