Angry Birds Epic Anniversary Event (Elite Pirate)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Anniversary Event (Elite Pirate)

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 383 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    It could well be that people hurried to get the ingredients, or just got really lucky. I know I got my gifts and cakes rather fast which gave me a lot of opportunities to do 3-stamina levels for extra medals.

You may also not forget the occasional free stamina drinks we get, and the occasional ad to watch for more medals (or another ingredient).

Timber
    @timber

I played almost constantly during the event to win first place and did not get any prizes or a mastery spin. Rovio ticket has been submitted.Leaderboard

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Yuck, I accidentally sent this too… Please @admins, delete this post of mine.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@timber
    O_o
    That board… geez man! I thought mine was bad enough! XD
    I wonder how the heck you got 100 THOUSAND points?!? I played almost constantly and ended up at 60k! Did the extra stamina drinks do that?

It’s not right you didn’t get any rewards, though. :(

Jim151
    @jim151

You may also not forget the occasional free stamina drinks we get, and the occasional ad to watch for more medals (or another ingredient)

Free drinks? In any event, the claim was few drinks used, free or otherwise. But OK, I did neglect the free stamina (3 per day), and the treasure chest. But those are trivial. Make it 71,000 to be earned by fighting, so it’s 820 stamina or 91 per day with 99 available.

It could well be that people hurried to get the ingredients, or just got really lucky.

The only way to hurry to get ingredients is to use drinks. And by assuming an average of 300 points per battle without re-rolls, I think I’ve factored in plenty of luck. What is the average point total prior to getting ingredients, 100? 125? There are 75 ingredients to get. Knock off 8 or so for the free treasure chest ones to make it 67. With no re-rolls, that’s an average of 178 battles to get them all. Say they were really lucky and got them in 150. That’s 150 battles averaging 125 points. To get the overall average up to 300, you have to be rolling the 450 way more than average.

Timber
    @timber

RedYoshi45

I started with a good amount of backup stamina, received the gift stamina and purchased stamina twice to stay ahead of the player who won second place. I also had to purchase FE but that was a waste as most of it did not improve my rolls.

I wondered several times if the Asian symbol player who came in second was one of those ghost players that Rovio sometimes adds across all the leaderboards during an event to spur on purchases. He was relentless after the second day! I kept seeing other similar players on the screen shots posted here but the symbols were always different.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    Hm, that sounds plausible. Just did the math and you get an outcome of 328.125 points on average after getting all the ingredients, and 159.375 points before getting all the ingredients.
    If you do nothing but 3-stamina battles, it takes 200 battles on average to get all ingredients (3/8 chance each time). A bit less since you have to do at least four 7-stamina battles (the last one is optional unless you’re out to collect LC’s from the GPC) and the chance is 6/8 after each 7-stamina battle. On average, in these 200 battles, costing 600 stamina (or 60 per day since it was a 10-day event), plus a few more from the obligatory 5- and 7-stamina battles to progress, which I’ll neglect because you get some free stamina and ingredients, you’ll collect 31,875 points. The other 36 stamina per day that you get, you can spend on more 3-stamina battles, 12 per day, 120 in the entire event, giving you another 39,375 points on average. Sums up to 71,250 points. That is, if you don’t sleep at all (which I doubt XD) AND if you don’t re-spin or use stamina drinks. Anything above that is luck, anything below that is bad luck.

I got about 61,000 points in the event. I re-spun a few times, I used a few stamina drinks, I did play GPC four times (40 well-spent stamina), and I slept normally but I did spend a lot of time doing this event, missing out on almost no free stamina. Theory is nice but reality is different. XD

@timber

I can’t reject that feeling since I felt the same about Nadyaha and my own Asian player at times.

I feel like buying stamina drinks and FE’s is merely a waste of LC’s, unless you decide not to spend them on shards or classes or the GPM. You get a lot of FE’s especially if you have FB friends playing the game (but also without FB connection, thanks to Piggy McCool and the Daily Calendar and the occasional Chronicle Cave chest), and you get a few stamina drinks from the invasions, the Calendar and the occasional Chronicle Cave chest. All of the FE’s and stamina I spent came from one of these sources.

Lucky that you received the gift stamina yet you weren’t reset by this obnoxious Epic message. That definitely helped. I had to do it without. :(

Jim151
    @jim151

159.375 points before getting all the ingredients.

That seems high. The highest possible was 225 IIRC. And you couldn’t get anywhere near that much when you got an ingredient.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jim151
    Now it’s a good thing I kept this picture.

The highest is 250 (125+75+50). The other possible outcomes are: 225 (125+75+25), 200 (125+50+25), 150 (75+50+25 – appears twice on the board), 125 (ingredient+75+50), 100 (ingredient+75+25), and 75 (ingredient+50+25). The average of all that is (250+225+200+150+150+125+100+75)/8 = 159.375, believe it or not.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 If I’m not mistaken and sadly I don’t have a screencap this time but I think 450 is the highest Event Medal reward after one clears the necessary amounts of an ingredient. I think I remember seeing that and the only way to confirm is to wait for another mini campaign.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer 575, actually. 450+75+50. Ingredient slots are replaced with 450 medal points.
    On 5- and 7-stamina battles, the max is 700 (450+150+100) and 825 (450+225+150) respectively.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I meant on that particular ingredient slot and it seems I was correct.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jim151 I am estimating at a total of ~74K, as I was reset to zero when I had ~29K. Considering the other scores posted here, why does this seem unreasonable? I have no reason to fabricate my results, so when I say I used no Stamina Potions (no, I am not including the free Stamina awarded when watching a video), I mean just that. I did use FE, as stated, most often when I spun the lowest reward. This most definitely affected how quickly I obtained the ingredients, and obviously increased my average. I think I went one day where my Stamina remained maxed at 15 for any length of time (young kids will help with that, btw), which again helps with overall score.

angryde
    @angryde

@timber I really hope you get a positive result. The last time I submitted a ticket to Rovio I was told: ‘Sorry, but Bluestacks is not a supported platform. We suggest you move to a supported platform.’ End of discussion. I’ll cross my fingers for you, honestly.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Wait you told them you’re using Bluestacks?
    Avoid that, mate. Just say Android. XD

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

So Rovio tweeted that they have fixed the issue with people not getting the their reward wheels and that the compensation for this will be sent out tomorrow.

Jenn
    @jennt

Last time I submitted a ticket (after the 1.4.4 upgrade), I never even got a response :/

Suikyo
    @suikyo

I did not get the reward wheel. I wonder what kind of compensation I will get.

Jim151
    @jim151

I am estimating at a total of ~74K, as I was reset to zero when I had ~29K. Considering the other scores posted here, why does this seem unreasonable? I have no reason to fabricate my results, so when I say I used no Stamina Potions (no, I am not including the free Stamina awarded when watching a video), I mean just that. I did use FE, as stated, most often when I spun the lowest reward. This most definitely affected how quickly I obtained the ingredients, and obviously increased my average. I think I went one day where my Stamina remained maxed at 15 for any length of time (young kids will help with that, btw), which again helps with overall score.

I believe you, I just find it unlikely, but given a big enough sample size, the unlikely will occur. I used 80 stamina drinks and about 50 FE (one time I had to re-roll 14 times to get an ingredient) to get 62,000 points. Had I used none and did few re-rolls, I would have gotten about 40K. And I too rarely let the stamina max out, at least during waking hours. I guess I was just incredibly unlucky.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Yeah, Yosh, I know… talk about laughably naive, eh!?? What an idiot. Urgh. :-/

Timber
    @timber

I actually have a log of my event scoring (100,000) in an Excel spreadsheet but it will take a while to reformat it from 15 minute increments into daily totals.

Just got off work, time for my second regular sleep night without waking up every 3 hours to play ABE.

Timber
    @timber

Here’s my breakdown of events leading to the event score of 100,275.

The event started the same day that all of the new elite players were offered at a discount and I did not have the LC resources so I spent real $ for LC’s.

I had previous stamina and went through all of the locations within the first gate in one go and immediately hit the Dojo for free mastery. I set a 3 hour timer on my phone and attacked SRC to get my players up to level 60. With very few exceptions, I hit the Dojo for mastery and burned out event stamina every 3 hours for 10 days.

Ok- stamina use was 528 on 3’s, 35 on 5’s 28 on 7’s and 30 on 10’s for a total of 621.

I had 26 stockpiled +15 start + 245 (10days & 5 hours x 4/hour) + 30 (3 free/day) + 70 (Rovio error gift) + 225 stamina purchased (to keep ahead of the second place player) for a total of 611 stamina used.

I have 9stamina remaining so there is an error of 1stamina somewhere in the mix. There are definitely more errors in some of these totals as I did not have access to my spreadsheet while at work and simply entered estimates every morning to balance the current totals shown on the leaderboard.

Another thing that helped my overall total was the daily Treasure Chest gifts which sped up my ingredient collection and gave out 450 event points after all of the ingredients were collected.

I had no idea Bluestacks was a no-no, I began the game on an I-pad 2 and went through a 50% crash rate for over a year until I broke down and paid $24 for the emulator. I have since purchased an I-phone 6 SE but the screen is kind of tough to see and my fingers are a bit large for the small buttons. I cringe every time the chili pepper ends up on the Captain when it was supposed to land on Wiz.

Since my Facebook account is not an option that I am willing to sacrifice for more rolls, FE, etc. I was planning on spending more real $ on LC’s when the next special comes around to try and stay competitive in the leagues. If I get screwed out of the possibility for 6k mastery spins because of BlueStacks, after spending ten days straight working on it, it may be time to end my ABE addiction.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Here:

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

The compensation for those that had trouble with the reward wheel should now have been sent out. Check your Totem mail to see if you got it.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

I get any trouble during event and I get 150k mastery.
    Or this is for all players and players with troubles get an other reward ?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic Anniversary Event (Elite Pirate)

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.