Angry Birds app and Seasons crashing iPhone 5s

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds app and Seasons crashing iPhone 5s

• Please help. I was playing Angry Birds (the traditional app) this morning. As I pulled into train station I decided to stop playing the mighty feathers level and back out to the main menu before closing the app on my iPhone (ios 8.1). It seemed to just crash as I was backing out towars main menu. These things happen sometimes I guess so I thought little of it. But just to check I relaunched Angry Birds and it reached the splash screen and played about 1 second of the theme music before freezing and after a few seconds then crashing. I then force quit the app and relaunched but no difference. I signed out of game center – no difference. I then rebooted the phone – no difference.I then force closed all open apps – no difference. Finally I reset the phone via home button and lock button to force apple logo on reboot – no difference!

To my horror I launched Angry Birds seasons and this is doing exactly the same! I hadn’t even been playing that. Both apps were functioning fine before this mornings glitch with the main Angry Birds app. I am baffled that both are now playing up. I tested things like Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Go and Angry Birds Star Wars and these all seem to be launching fine so it’s just happening to both Angry Birds (main) and Angry Birds seasons.

Any help or ideas. I am pretty distraught given that I have made so much progress on both apps. I guess I could delete and try to reinstall the apps but I would lose all that. Yes, I do have an icloud backup from a couple days ago but that is a badnwidth hogging and time consuming process which I’d really rather try and avoid if possible.

Cheers
    Wayne

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • dmsral
    @dmsral

@scottyboy99: I’m having the same problem so it’s not just you. I also have a 5s running 8.1 so we can’t rule out that configuration is the problem, yet. Anyone one else with a different setup having this problem?

Also, Friends is pretty cranky this morning too, having to reboot after each level.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@Scottyboy99 :

I have exactly the same problem with the same phone.

Given that I have the account Rovio on AB Original, I was able to delete the appl and to reinstall it without losing my progress. But the result is the same, the game crash and closes.

I do not advise to make it for AB Seasons except when you have your own save. But to my opinion we shall arrive at the same result…

On the other hand it would seem that that is specific in Iphone (more exactly the 5S maybe), because on my Ipad, 2 apps work perfectly.

Scottyboy99
    @scottyboy99

Is this only since this morning this been happening to you guys?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

I suppose. Yesterday morning AB Season still worked.

Scottyboy99
    @scottyboy99

It must be some kind of server issue with Rovio or Apple (????) – I guess it’s trying to do background net access and somethings bodged it up. I so hope they are aware and will fix it.

sfarmer1228
    @sfarmer1228

I am having challenges with the Facebook Friends Tournament.

Scottyboy99
    @scottyboy99

I tried again at lunchtime. Stil, crashing on both angry birds classic and seasons. Its very strange. I’m wondering if there is some kind of messed up link in the apps causing the crashes

newcybroon
    @newcybroon

AB Seasons is also crashing on my ipod touch 5 running 8.1, when it starts to load there is a slight “jump” on the white Rovio splash screen, when it gets to the main screen the background snowfall freezes after a second or two and the game crashes out to the home screen. It was working fine last night and has just started crashing this morning.

Was there supposed to be a new Pig Day level opening today?

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Rovio is aware of the issue and working on a fix. It is definitely on Rovio’s end and not a device issue.

Scottyboy99
    @scottyboy99

Cheers for the update – at least it sounds like I don’t have to delete the apps and lose my progress if they are actively looking at.

dmsral
    @dmsral

I blame HYDRA.

Scottyboy99
    @scottyboy99

Anyone seen any progress on the issues? Am currently working in out of signal area with only PC access. Am hoping it will be back and running ahead of the long train journey home. It still puzzles me what the issue is. Sounds like a Rovio server related issue but it seems a bit naff that something like that can cripple the apps.

Bird Maniac
    @earthbound

@scottyboy99 I’ve managed to load all AB apps (except Go, Epic & Transformers which I’m not too fussed about) with no trouble. I too am running IOS 8.1 on an iphone 5S – really hope that you’re sorted soon as I had to redo all of Stella & Bad Piggies when the IOS update came out!! Good luck

Bird Maniac
    @earthbound

btw Friends has also been cranky with me for a few weeks, either takes ages to connect or load up!

Scottyboy99
    @scottyboy99

Yeah I just tried and both apps are working once again. Phew!

Bird Maniac
    @earthbound

Excellent news!!

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Not for me :(

dmsral
    @dmsral

Me either, still crashing. No ABN front page story on it or leaderboard score update for it yet either. Hoping to see a bug fix in the morning.

newcybroon
    @newcybroon

Just tried it this morning and it is working for me now, think it may have been an issue with the new pig day level which is available now.

dmsral
    @dmsral

Finally working, only took 3 phone reboots.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Always not for me. Did you make anything particular ?

dmsral
    @dmsral

No, just kill the app and then reboot the phone. Repeat until it works.

maldersaurus
    @nickmalden

Still not working for me on 5S. Restarted 5 times. Is it working for everyone else?

Alina
    @alinajetly

Does the app crash in your iPhone? So there are many reasons for them, To solve all these reasons, I have found a thread from Google, that contains step by step information about Does the application get Crashing ?. You need to read these thread and also read this Apps Crashing ios 11

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds app and Seasons crashing iPhone 5s

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.