Android 5.0 Lollipop and ABT – BAD COMBO!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Android 5.0 Lollipop and ABT – BAD COMBO!

• Okay, if you can hold off on upgrading your phone to Android 5.0, do so. I’ve got a Samsung Galaxy S5 that just got the upgrade. ABT freezes in the middle of missions for as long as 8 minutes. It will eventually start going again, but you might miss it and get schwacked by a tower or a few missiles. I’ve reported it to Rovio (who I’m sure is being inundated with trouble calls on their games with this update), but I just have to wait.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • Frank
    @flytyer37

Okay, this time the freeze was so bad I had to pull the battery out of my phone to get it to work. This is not good.

vafmar4
    @vafmar4

I have the same problem. I am unable to play the game at all! It freezes up constantly up to 3 times on a single battle or it freezes so much that I have to reboot the phone. It’s intolerable! I have a Samsung S5 android 5 lollipop just upgraded. PLEASE FIX! I am in 196 level.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

I’m on a Note 2 that’s not upgraded as yet but thank you for the advanced warning @flytyer37 (btw- I’m a level 127)

bobby65
    @bobby65

Hi. Does anyone knows when the next update for the transformers is coming ? Regals Bobby65

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

Not that the Note 2 will see the light of Lollipop day, is there any more news on how this is affecting game play?

vafmar4
    @vafmar4

What happened to me actually since LadyDi is asking, I’ve tried to keep playing it – while it was freezing up CONSTANTLY – by freeing RAM on my smartphone on such time when —> it crashed (one of many) AND…. lost all game play settings!!!!!! It started from the beginning!!! and I was in level 199. :-(((((((((((((
    So, no, no update for AB Transformers and plays horribly with Lollipop!

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Is anyone able to play the game without any crashes and whatnot on Lollipop now? Just now I checked my Galaxy S4’s updates and it has an upgrade to Lollipop available. I’ve downloaded the upgrade package, but I refuse to install it until it is confirmed that the game is playable on Lollipop.

I’ve read some of the newest reviews on Google Play about the game and some say that a fix is needed for Lollipop, some say that it’s finally been fixed.

petef16
    @petef16

Is this a problem with Lollipop and ABT, or is Samsung implicated as well? I’m on Note 3 and have the same trouble. Does anyone have a problem on other makes?

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@vafmar4 I didn’t know you had responded until I saw my name (without the @). Anyhow, thank you as I have a 5.0 phone now and I do NOT play games on phablets (even though they are bigger than a lot of phone prior) as the screens are too small for my impaired vision. Neither of my Samsung tablets are going to be upgraded unless I manually do it (aka root) and I refuse to that as it has not become necessary as yet. If it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

Ok, I am going to take one for the team and install it on a NEW Nexus device and see how it looks. Let you know later. And no, I do not have 5.1 update as yet nor do I have any backup options.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

It looks GREAT aesthetic wise, graphics and UI are crisp. Didn’t have any glitches but hey, I’m only a level 2. It’s way too small for me to play like I do on my 10inch tablet but I’ll keep it if anyone needs it for whatever reason. Not one crash as yet… 5.0 OS

WOnder how the 5.1 update will work?? Hmmmmm…

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

How do you folks have 5.0 OS for Android systems?

I’m still on 4.4.4.

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@marioandsonic – #1 – root your phone which is the most geekiest way and probably costs way less than option #2 which is purchase a 5.0 OS phone.

vafmar4
    @vafmar4

OK. So there was an update on AB Transformers as well. I am playing it on older Android version now, not Lollipop. Has anyone being playing it now with Lollipop? Has it been fixed? On their update they are saying minor fixes not specifying which those are. Certainly one of the fixes is playing the same event over and over while others being destroyed instead. Finally!
    It is important to have a reply from someone over level 150 (since graphics and playing are more intense).
    As I said I have a Samsung S5 smartphone. By the way, mine upgraded by itself to Lollipop. Didn’t need to root it. @marioandsonic check for an upgrade, perhaps you have it turned off completely..?

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

March 26 was the last update for me an Android tablet player which will never see an OS update at the rate Samsung is going. I have installed it as it’s not in the ‘update’ list and I have no idea what it did for the game, sad I know @vafmar4

And yes, I have been playing with Lollipop with no issues on Level 2. It’s on the cell and sadly its way too small for me to play like I do on my tablet. I’ll open it now and again to see what’s what.

petef16
    @petef16

Hi, you wanted a reply from someone over level 150 – I’m 231, and the game is now unplayable with lollipop – crashes every few games, or freezes for several seconds if it isnt actually crashing. Awful, if people have a choice – DO NOT UPGRADE!

vafmar4
    @vafmar4

@petef16 Thanks a lot for your reply! I am still playing it on the older android version (218 level now) and was thinking moving it over to my new smartphone with Lollipop. Now I will NOT! I heard a new update on the Lollipop is about to be deployed due to the issues it has… let’s see what happens then (since waiting a fix for ABT it will take a while!)
    Cheers!

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

I’m not very knowledgeable, but has anyone tried uninstalling “WebView”? I wonder if this issue could be similar to the AB:Epic bug which only affects Android Lolli.

PhoenixTM
    @jbowen1703

I don’t know when they are gonna update Angry Birds Transfomers sorry..

beaups
    @grathe

My phone didn’t really give me much choice in the matter… watched it “optimize” all my apps last night and then Yah… ABT basically unplayable. Just after finally feeling like Rovio had all the kinks worked out And looking forward to an expansion. Any way to undo this? I’m at level 229 On my way to 230 with all but 2 achievements done and over 100000 pigs popped… this Sucks.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@grathe Yeah, it’s possible to downgrade your Android version. I should know, since I ended up downgrading because I wanted to take the chance with Lollipop. I used some kind of Odin method or what’s it called (sorry, I’m not a tech geek) to downgrade my Android from Lollipop back to KitKat. If you’re thinking of doing this, make sure you create a backup for the game with the Helium app.

beaups
    @grathe

@Mighty Red
    Thanks. I might try that this weekend. I have a feeling that I have no choice but to try and restore or will have to wait for a “lol”ipoop friendly ABT patch to come out. Bummer.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

As of today Ravio has no fix for this issue. They are “working” on it but as this problem dates back 3 months they aren’t working very hard.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Android 5.0 Lollipop and ABT – BAD COMBO!

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.