An Open Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum An Open Challenge

• As many of you may know, @pandaczar12 and I have been in a rather heated and increasingly bitter dispute regarding the possibility of making 8 event runs in 10 minutes.  I claim it’s not possible at my level 315.  Pandaczar12 claims he can easily do it, but refuses to take a screenshot as proof.  Furthermore, he rather absurdly claims a screenshot wouldn’t prove anything.

I challenge ANYONE to come to Pandaczar12’s defense and post a screenshot of your leaderboard with timestamp after your first 4 event runs, proving that this feat is possible in 5 minutes.  Please note the promotion level of your second bot if applicable, so that it is determinable if the base score/run average is reasonable, and you didn’t just make 2 runs or fly straight through.  I will calculate my base score average at the end of every day, and anyone else is welcome to submit their data.  An average will be calculated from all entries submitted.  A “reasonable” vote can be taken afterwards.  Everyone is welcome to showcase their skills.  If no one is willing to participate, then I will have to conclude that this feat is not possible.

I also directly challenge @pandaczar12 to a one on one competition.  As he’s well over 600 ranks above me, this is a David vs. Goliath challenge.  I claim I can get on the leaderboard after 1 run faster than you and with a higher base score @Pandaczar12.  Play as many days as you like.  I personally will not be available to compete on day 3.  The *highest base score/second at the end of the event wins.

Can we only compete with the “players” in our leaderboards, or can we have our own interesting competitions right here among the regular posters?  I hope someone will accept the challenge.

*edit – I changed lowest time to highest base score/second to discredit “flying through” the run

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I believe it’s possible to do 8 runs in 10 minutes, but you’d need a perfect storm of conditions for it to happen.

Just for $h!ts and giggles, I completed a non-event run and timed it.  From the moment the TF deployed from Astrotrain, to the moment that coins and pigs were claimed, it took me 51.74 seconds.  Keep in mind that in an event run, we would need to add a couple more seconds for the event points claim.

So on that basis, you could easily complete 8 in 10.

But I did that 51.74 secs in Vehicle mode the entire way (except for a few seconds when I ran out of vehicle time and had to go back into Mecha mode).  I didn’t stop to destroy any targets along the way.

And I had a relatively fast TF (Lockdown).

And it was a regular non-Energon type, so it was able to survive all of the Flying Pig Kamikaze hits (even then I only had 2/5 hearts left when Astrotrain arrived for extraction – an Energon variant would have been shredded unless it had Shieldor or Healthpack, and would have needed to slow down to collect Energon fuel).

And the run was of middling length.

And there were no missiles (with missiles in play, you’d have to either take the hit, which impedes progress, or you’d have to stop to destroy them, which also slows you down).  Boss Pig would definitely be an issue, as 2-3 missile hits would kill you.

So sure, 8 in 10 is doable, but you’d basically have to give zero f***s about your Event score and all of the conditions would have to be in your favour.

And we haven’t even considered the necessity of having to heal your TF between runs.

For me, if I’m trying to maximize my Event score, I budget for 4 runs in 10 minutes.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

So in other words… I’m right. Thanks @optimuspig!

Now I challenge @seaspray to admit he is wrong and move on… and maybe try to get a life.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well I think you’re both right, but we need to be very specific about the particular game conditions.

To reiterate: if you actually care about your Event score, then there’s no way you can do 8 in 10.  But if you’re just going to race your way through it, then it’s definitely possible with the right TF and no missiles to contend with.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

@optimuspig

No conditions were ever stipulated.  I said, “For the record, I could easily get through 8 runs in 10 minutes with a fast character like nautica.” Which is 100% true.  It’s hilarious to watch @seaspray flail around though!

Just this morning, with a character Slower and less effective than nautica I finished my first four runs and noticed I had 55 minutes until my next run. I wasn’t even going for speed, I “cared about my event score”. Well I recharged and did 4 more, in no particular hurry, I see this:

So that was two sets of 4 runs with a worse bot than nautica in 10 (5+5) minutes. Case closed.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I have no skin in the game regarding your little spat.  And I don’t really care who “wins”.

I unsubscribed from the other thread a long time ago.

I’m looking at this from a purely academic standpoint.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

… And from a purely academic standpoint, I can easily get through 8 runs in 10 minutes with a fast character. It’s not even debatable.

It’s funny to see how much he cares. But at this point he either needs to admit my picture proves I’m right about the 10 minutes, or that I’m right that pictures aren’t conclusive proof. I’ve been a few steps ahead this entire time, backing him into a corner.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

What is the “</p>” formatting code?

I see that in your reply, but not whatever formatting is supposed to display.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

I don’t see it… sorry.

seaspray
    @seaspray

@pandaczar12

You cropped out the clock??!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Seriously dude, you just made me spit beer out my nose.  Are you even aware of how bad you just embarrassed yourself?

Grab your little marbles and get ready.  19 min.  Get on the leader board in 75 seconds with a reasonable score chump, or get lost.

seaspray
    @seaspray

285% promotion gives a base score/sec of 3.9.  Waiting for your screenshot speed demon.

seaspray
    @seaspray

@pandaczar12

I tell you what dude.  It kinda seems like I’m picking on you now.  I’m really not a mean guy, I just don’t back down from challenges and I never get myself in over my head.  And I don’t take lip.  So perhaps you misunderstood my original post and didn’t realize I was talking about consecutive event runs.  Maybe you meant you could make 8 map node runs in 10 minutes, but obviously not event runs, because every player knows 2 min/run is about the average.  Maybe someone could do 5 in 10, even 6, but not 8.  If that’s the case, just acknowledge the misunderstanding and we’ll shake hands and go our separate ways.  Fair enough?

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

So here is my own timing

4 runs

seaspray
    @seaspray

@elpapam

Thank you for your post.  Because you did not start at the open of the event, I will have to take you at your word, but in my opinion you have full credibility.  Is 8 event runs in 10 minutes possible?  Your confirmation or denial will finally settle this dispute.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@seaspray this my honest opinion. It very likeble possible. It all goes down to the transformer you choose i believe it also has to do with the runs if you have a river run that has those portal that slows you down also can effect your timing. So there are many aspects in my opinion. The ability of the player who knows how to utilize the most out of his transformer the accessories that choose to wear. All those facts mattters. And all goes down in the end at the player’s expirience. Personaly after landing from the astrotrain and see the first steps the beggining of the run i now from those wears near 100% what is this run so i can “visualize” of how to move this run.

seaspray
    @seaspray

@pandaczar12

Case settled.  A very experienced player can likely achieve this feat.  I do wish you had of provided this information in a more amicable fashion, as it would have saved us both time and anxiety.  But nonetheless, you have been proven correct insofar as it is possible.  I still do not believe this feat is “easy” for a player at my level, and obviously players at my level are not as experienced as either yourself or @elpapam, but that is beside the point; they are still in my leaderboard with ruby crowns.  I apologize for all insults, and am fully willing to accept the conclusions of credible evidence.  There is no further animosity between us on my part.

Snarrie
    @arjan-van-houwelingen

Sorry no print screens ( i play on an iPad).  But I just did the 8 runs in 9,5 minutes With also destroying all the blocks.  I used a level 18 blaster so it’s easy to destroys  a lot with only a couple of shots in between vehicle mode. Slowing down part were the two cobal valley runs and three runs with a lot of missiles, but it was a fun challenge to spent some gems on.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@seaspray The 8 runs under 10 minutes it’s legit! It’s 100% Possible i did it and i have the screen shoots to prove it. Even though i just hit the river side runs with the slow motion portals that slow downs your time, and i did the 8 Runs under 10 minutes! And i started plus one minute late in i believe in real time 9:49 a.m. i wanted tostart and i started by mistake 9:50:30″ a.m. So it’s also possible a 9 runs in 10 miuntes! As you see in my clock beside (time left for the event day end) i had also 1 minutes and 55 sec. So i strongly believe it’s full possible and 9th run can be done in those 10 minutes!

seaspray
    @seaspray

@elpapam

That is insane fast!  I never would have believed it.  Thank you for taking up the challenge and proving this.  You are also a true champ!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

So this case is officially closed :D

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum An Open Challenge

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.