All of a sudden all mission opponents are within a few points of my team,

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum All of a sudden all mission opponents are within a few points of my team,

• Until a couple days ago I usually was at least a few hundred to a thousand points higher and could advance.  Now I cant upgrade because I dont have enough coins and can’t win enough cause the pigs are kicking my butt 😞 .  Is this unusual, i.e., an upgrade or fix gone awry, or am I just stuck?  Appreciate any shared knowledge offered!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I think you might have play the regular game too fast. The more advanced you are in the regular game, the higher the pig levels are. Stop using Quick play and slug it out manually.

slyjakes
    @slyjakes

the missions from the scouts are always less than yours – do the quick battle option – on normal you will always win

Nsu
    @nsar

Thanks.  One of the biggest problems is those 3-wave battles, they seem mostly unbeatable.  And i get them a lot.  And sometimes on scout missions I only get one battle instead of the usual two.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

For the 3-wave battles, attack the big pig first in each of the rooms. Make sure every single bird will hit the big pig at least one, from the back if you can. Kill it before he attacks if possible or hope your supershot can kill it.

Some of them are hard because of the layout.

Matthew Tischer
    @matthew-tischer

I’ve been dealing with the same B.S. for over a week and a half. I just now (litteraly) beat a level that I have been stuck on for the past week. It was kind of a “Hey…mire than 1/2 if your team is level 40+…let’s constantly give you impossible fights!”…

I swear on my kids, if I would have recorded every battle on that node, you too would believe that I was being intentionally held back. No mater how many pigs nI put down, either more would spawn in, or the remaining would get infinitely stronger.

The other issue(s) I am getting…NOT 1 SUPER EGG AT ALL…not once! And every ticket I submit, Rovio is sickeningly sweet in their replies of “we know and are doing everything we can ti fix it”…..B.F’N.S.!!! CAUSE THERE ARE ALSO SOME SERIOUSLY NEGLIGENT “GLITCHES ON AB2.

On my end (and the wife too) we have had nothing but system failures on both games for at least that 1.5 weeks…

Someone needs to put a motivated boot up Rovio’s @$$!….or at least give us some kit to pacify us (continually) until its fixed.

Social Point is my #1 despises developer for apps. I used to trust Rovio for releasing quality apps…I guess they musta teamed up with S.P. cause they are about equal now.

A.B.E. has some serious potential to be a top 5 or better game, but with all the glitches and let downs…I  don’t know how long thwy are gonna make it at this rate. Most of the issues I am now getting, I am reading that they have been “working on a solution” since Beta, going back 7-8 months. 7-8 months…and still no fix? And now tour other apps are crashing?  Seriously guys…W…T….F…!?!?!?!?!

Nsu
    @nsar

@matthew-tischer I totally agree. I thought higher bird levels was supposed to give better rewards – isn’t that the actual point of leveling up?  😳  Now I can’t move forward at all and I notice I am getting nada from the scout excursions after waiting hours.  I get lots of unwinnable 3-waves battles so no rewards from that, just lots of frustration, not getting any tokens to unlock scouts and very few ‘clock’ chances for extra coins/gems.   And the ‘sales’ for supplies are way overpriced.  I am pretty close to quitting.  I really liked the game before but play to relax.  If the game upsets me it defeats the purpose. Hope they fix it sooner rather than later 😒

bahnjee
    @bahnjee

On most levels the pigs’ team strength is based on your own team strength.  Swap your birds in and out of your team and watch the pigs’ strength vary.  However it’s not a direct relationship. In other words, I’m not saying that if your team strength goes up by 100pts that the pigs will go up by 100pts.  What I’m saying is that there appear to be internal tiers that when reached, cause the pigs to move up in strength too.  For example, keep your team at 6000 and the pigs’ team stays at 5900.  But add in a stronger bird to jump your team to 6100 and the pigs jump to 6100.  Play around with various combinations till you find a sweet spot.

Lastly, don’t ignore that color-matching birds do double damage.  I’ll sometimes make my entire team yellow (or blue, red, whatever) to take on a tough pig team.  This will not only lower your team strength (and thus the pigs strength too) but will also double the firepower of your team.

Lastly (really, this time), the above internal tier thing doesn’t always apply.  There are many story-advancing level that don’t follow these “rules”.   I’ve crashed the blimp in the ocean and am chasing around the island again, now stuck facing a pig team of 20,000pts while I have only around 10,000.

Nsu
    @nsar

@bahnjee – i actually did try that,swapped weaker birds to replace stronger ones, the result was MY strength went down, the pigs stayed the same.  But I appreciate your input, there has to be a way to advance, other people are doing it, just not me 😒.  I will try the color matching later.  I am open to all suggestions and appreciate the help!

burbman
    @burbman

The strength of opponents is driven by how far the player has progressed through the story levels.  I too got to the point where I was unable to complete my scout battles, or progress any further in the storyline.  At that point, I stopped playing all storyline battles, and took advantage of anything I could get to level up my birds.  I even cashed in all but my strongest five birds for more XP.  I now have a flock that can win “Hard” battles on quick play, and “Insane” ones when given the option of playing with a guest bird.  I do not plan on progressing again in the story until I can win “Insane” battles without help, at which time I will scoot a little farther down the road, maintaining a relative bird level to scout missions so that I can at least play on the “Hard” setting.

My current situation is that regular scout battles come up with pig power of 7,200, Hard is 10,000, and Insane is 12,000.  I stopped partially through the Ski Resort chapter.

Nsu
    @nsar

@burbman — Thanks for the advice!  I got past the first level that had me stuck, then about 4 levels later got to another one.  I will work on controlling myself to not play levels,  I get a little obsessive, and try your method for a while, it sounds like a good one 😁

bahnjee
    @bahnjee

@burbman

LOL  Where were you when I was playing all the way around the island for my SECOND time?!  I’m now at a point where Hard scout levels are around 25,000 against my 10,200 team and Insane levels are INSANE.

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum All of a sudden all mission opponents are within a few points of my team,

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.