AI Triggers in Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum AI Triggers in Arena

• Probably been covered somewhere before but has anyone else noticed that the beneficial emblems ALWAYS seem to trigger for the AI at an unnervingly high frequency. For example, Time Jump generally triggers 50% of the time when I play a team with it but when I use it it’s maybe 1 out of 5 times. Resurrection oddly seems to occur less frequently than it used to (seemed to be 2/3 of the time, now it’s 1/3, closer to the 30% mentioned in the description).

Maybe I’m paranoid or over analyzing things but is this actually happening? I’ve lost a few battles because of this over-proccing.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Totally agree. Don’t think I’ve seen it dicussed in these forums before, but I’ve only been following them for a couple of months. I’ve never cared quite enough to actually keep track, and just chalked it up to subconcious bias. If I do ever get up the energy to track it, I’ll let you know the results.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dillo @poptimus — You are correct in admitting that without hard data, you are likely to think things are worse than they are. If you really want to know, you need to keep data over hundreds, if not thousands of turns with the emblem you are suspicious of (both when used by an opponent and when you use it). I have collected a lot of statistical data on AB over the years, but the data on the probability of emblems working is more than I can imagine collecting.
    That said, I am pretty sure that at least in the past, there have been opponents with hacked abilities. For example, time jump might trigger absolutely every time. If you suspect you have found a cheater, send as much data (screenshots) to Rovio support as you can.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Now that I’m consistently running Time Jump over Resurrection, it’s clear that the odds are staggered. I’ve had battles when I got 3 Time Jumps in a single round (yeah, I won that fight pretty easily). I’ve also had battles with nothing.

But no, I don’t think the AI is getting unfair triggers for TJ / Res / whatever.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Last year, I tracked my coin tosses for 1200 battles. The enemy started 1033 times. I have a 86% chance to lose the coin toss.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum AI Triggers in Arena

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.