Adrift Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Adrift Event

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 142 total)
  • Replies
  • sheepybach
    @paul13

Where does it show dead end @ 7500 tokens et al ?

Here in Wales the events and quest reset at the same time now, during the summer there was an hour difference

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

It would of made more sense for dead end to be available at the start of the event

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Don’t forget the sparks. They are a necessity now.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Good point. I’ve been saving up sparks to see what the best way to allocate them is.

Only being able to deploy a single TF in the last event threw me for a loop.

@joel687

If it starts tonight (Jan 18) and then ends on Jan 23, that’s only five days.

5 x 1,550 = 7,750.

So at best, I’d have 250 tokens left after buying the TF.

@paul13

I’m assuming it’s 7,500 based on the Dead End that showed up early today in the Token Exchange.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sam-spargo

I think the working theory now is that Dead End was supposed to show up for the End of the Road event, and that Drift was intended for the Adrift event, and that someone at Rovio swapped them by mistake.

So hopefully we’ll have Dead End available once the Adrift event official starts tonight.

Joel
    @joel687

Oh, I missed the fact that it ends on Monday. Being one day shorter will make this near impossible. If I get up to 5,500 tokens, I can do gems to get him

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@paul13 Go to your Token Exchange. If Rovio haven’t removed him yet, he should be there for 7500 tokens. Most of us are speculating that he was supposed to be made available for the upcoming Adrift event but Rovio accidentally leaked him early.

@optimuspig
    I am guessing I will need Dead End for this Adrift event. So I’ll pour my sparks on him if they allow only bot. Yeah I have the other members but Rodimus Prime is weak and Drift is unreliable with Boss Pig and Unicron.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Most of my sparks have gone into Grey Slam Grimlock.

Not sure if that’s necessarily optimal, but I’m too far in the hole now to change.

Joel
    @joel687

Well, if they were trying to create a buzz about the next event, it seems like they accomplished that goal

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I think the working theory now is that Dead End was supposed to show up for the End of the Road event, and that Drift was intended for the Adrift event, and that someone at Rovio swapped them by mistake.

I don’t think so. Since the introduction of sparks every event’s bonus squad has been the squad of the character that was available in the last event.

11/30 – Soundwave Superior – Energon Fueled – Ratchet
    12/7 – Ratch’ll Fixit – Rescue Bots – Shockwave
    12/14 – Happy Holidays – The Cybertronians – Wheeljack, Ricochet, Windblade and Skywarp
    12/30 – Happy New Year – The Wreckers – Accessories
    1/4 – Wreaking Ball – The Wreckers – Rodimus
    1/11 – End of the Road – The Hotrods – Drift and Dead End
    1/18 – Adrift – [The Hotrods] – [Epic Optimus]
    [1/24] – [Chinese New Year] – [The Iconic Transformer] – [Smokescreen]
    [2/?] – [?] – [Brothers in Armor] – [Starscream]

[] are guesses.

So Drift being available in the event before a Drift themed event fits the pattern. If there was an error it was Dead End was supposed to be available in the Wreaking Ball event. I think him showing up now is just them trying to get people to spend their gems so they will buy more to be able to compete to get Smokescreen. I’m not falling for it. I’ll get Dead End when he is available for tokens.

Joel
    @joel687

@sntrooper – You are totally right. I can’t believe I never realized that before. I can’t wait to see what is actually happening later. I’m going to be so disappointed if they don’t start the new event right away

sheepybach
    @paul13

I just found him a bit sneaky of them to drop him in like that IMHO

Phillips
    @phillips

@sntrooper if the pattern continues might start saving sparks to promote Nemesis for the Smokescreen event. Energon Grimlock is nearly fully promoted so I will probably continue with him. Given Energon Fueled were the first ones been focused on him every since. Promoted a few others Ratchet (by mistake wanted squad bonus) and Soundwave (promotion on him gave an additional 5% for less sparks than Energon Grimlock) but now knowing what is coming may rethink my strategy.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

No Dead End. Glad I pulled the trigger. Just need sparks.

Joel
    @joel687

The event is live. They are offering Drift, Epic Optimus, two Epic Optimus accessories, and two Ricochet accessories. The Hot Rods are the bonus squad.

You can only use one transformer

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Looks like @sntrooper was right.

Interesting pattern.

I still don’t regret not spending gems on Dead End though. Screw Rovio and their shenanigans.

Joel
    @joel687

At least I can rest and just go for some sparks.

Phillips
    @phillips

@millforce2k could try for tokens and wait and see if Dead End is offered after the event again. But I think it was a stuff up and he should have been available from the beginning as my friend has Dead End as the accessories where available from the start of the event and from what I have seen they never offer the accessories without offering the character in cases where the character is only available via the token exchange.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

One TF, but with the energonicon, it should be easy to hit the 100 token level with Rodimus promoted to 30% x 3.

Joel
    @joel687

Have any of you tried to fight Unicron or Boss Pig with either Epic Optimus or Nemesis Prime? Are either of them any good against the big guys? I have both at level 12. I’m thinking I have time to upgrade one of them to prepare for the next event…

Edit: I’m leaning toward Nemesis. He is almost as good as Soundwave when it comes to clearing blocks.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@phillips yea, I think he should have been offered in the last event. At the end, they fixed it. But instead of making good and offering him here, they just said tough rocks (or something I can’t write here).

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sntrooper

I’m not falling for it. I’ll get Dead End when he is available for tokens

But he was available for tokens. Didn’t you get him?

@optimuspig
    My suspicion paid off. I am glad I got Dead End AND used my sparks on him. At Level 15, he is a beast.

Also, I have a chance to get Epic Optimus now. That just leaves Acidstorm, Sunstorm, Nemesis and Starscream to get.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@datguygamer No, he was available for gems. Except a few oddballs no one could have had enough tokens to get him with tokens. I had exactly zero. There is no rush. I’ll get him when they offer him normally.

Another reason why I am livid at Rovio/Exient. I have been playing for hours, trying to complete the daily quests, and I can’t finish the last one because the game kept refusing to give me the Cobalt Valley nodes. The most I could get out of the entire game (this event included) was 3 Cobalt Valley nodes out of the 4 required for the Daily Quests. What is wrong Rovio/Exient that they think that they have to do this sort of thing?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Adrift Event

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.