Account locked??

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Account locked??

• I’ve just opened AB2, and got a pop up saying my account has been blocked permanently for player misconduct..

But I literally haven’t done anything! The only thing that has changed recently is that I joined a clan and scored some points – I haven’t messaged anyone or anything.

Does anyone know why I might have been banned? I couldn’t find the Terms of Service (which Rovio says I’ve violated) to read through.

Any help would be much appreciated – I love AB2 and I have played every day since release. I just don’t understand what’s happening :(

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 72 total)
  • Replies
  • Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Starting again with a new account will keep everything fresh!!! Imagine times that your bird can go up a level with little bit of feather.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@hubert-lo And how exactly does that help answer his questions in any way?

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Experience from the real online games in Xbox, cases of “account blocked due to misconduct” are rarely as innocent as the poster claims. Honestly he should has contacted Rovio support without posting on forums.

Gray
    @gray-herridge

Nooo! I’m in too deep to start over

Yue
    @yue-zhang

as far as I could see the explanation in this fotum is, you possibly are deemed as cheater. If you are not, to submit a ticket on Rovio support page would be the solution.

TripH0P
    @triph0p

Try opening a support ticket with ravio. Ive never heard of them banning people before until this new clan chat feature showed up since you can hassrass people in the chat

Gray
    @gray-herridge

I’ve logged a support ticket. I just hope they respond.. I haven’t done anything!

Yue
    @yue-zhang

they usually respond the ticket in 4-7 working days.

Jon S
    @jon3800

As of now my account also got  locked due to player misconduct.  Like Gray, I played the clans game  and I’m not one to ridicule people..  Let me begin by saying how throughly  disappointed  I am with the game.  I’ve been playing hard since it was soft launched in Canada as “Under Pigstruction”.  I put a lot effort (mapped The levels for Daily Challenge and King Pig Panic on this forum) and spent a large amount of my hard earned income on this game to establish a flock power of 525.  Now I am slapped in the face. I’ve sent a support ticket

Anonymous

Keep us posted on what transpires Jon….sounds like they have been banning people everywhere based on various posts across social media.

Jon S
    @jon3800

I will chucky

TripH0P
    @triph0p

Hi Jon, you were able to reach 525 without cheating? If so, congrats and Im sure they will restore you. You probably got caught up with the people using exploits to reach 525

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

With you, Jon and Gray. I play two devices, two completely different birds, two completely different games. The least has been locked out. I have also submitted a ticket. No hacks on either device, no altering files.

Rovio spent two years ignoring our complaints about hackers and now Rovio is punishing everybody, even people that don’t hack the game. Punishing and banning people that have spent real money on the game.

I hope Rovio is being flooded with emails and complaints. I think this is going to hit them hard in the pocket, cost them a lot of money. It is wrong, just so wrong.

Edit: Also submitted a ticket to Apple about this.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello @captsternn and @jon3800 !

This was truly bad news to wake up to and we made sure to instantly go through our process of flagging players as quickly as we could. Doing so, we found that in the latest ban wave we added parameters that potentially caused cases where players could get incorrectly flagged. I know that you are both long time players and that you could be some of the unfortunate ones to be affected by this. We have removed the ban for the latest batch to make sure the process can’t cause any more edge cases where players get incorrectly flagged. In the end I really hope this is a mistake on our part and that none of you have more than suspicious activity on your accounts as I look to players like yourselves for inspiration on how to improve the game.

I am truly sorry you had to experience this and we at Rovio value you as our most important players. Unless you already got compensated for this accident, you can contact me here in a private message.

Take care
    /Hank

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@hank
    Do you mean only the last batch been removed? or all locked outs been removed?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

It is unlocked as of this morning, Hank. Thanks for that. I believe Rovio has cast a far too wide net and much too late. You aren’t catching hackers, you are banning people that don’t hack.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hey @yue-zhang !

It was only the latest batch that had the new parameters that might have caused the inaccurate flagging. Previous bans have all been even more extreme in their inappropriate actions.

Have fun!
    /Hank

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@hank got it.
    I do take advantage of using glitch to accumulate assets. The facebook friends gift seems to be endless, as long as you swtich between main menu and regular map. You could play daily challenge and KPP all days as long as you reinstalled and earn black pearls as well as TOF. You could earn feathers numerour times of 1500 feathers as long as you restart ab2 when you win game 7 in arena. Those are glitch in the old version which had be reported to Rovio for a long time.

Before fix released, I do think it’s not player’s fault to take advantage of glitch made by Rovio’s developers. As long as they don’t hack the code, modify the asset number. thay are all “appropriate” players.

I have keep a track record of excel regarding my asset. Earning more than 50 thousands feathers a day is hard work but possible with glitch. I wish you could put this into consideration and stop the real hacker with huge amount of gems (like below 9999999999)

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello @capsternn !

I understand that it felt very unfair if we accidentally flagged honest players and I’m sincerely sorry about that, but we’re still talking about a very small portion of our player base so the cases are just a hand full. I’ve overlooked the banning process closely myself and it’s quite easy, using our tools, to see that a player actually cheated (more than just a little) in one way or the other. Even in the latest batch of flagged players, the vast majority is likely to be cheaters and will again be caught once we make sure there are no speculation regarding their innocence.

Have a nice weekend!
    /Hank

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Hank, locking an account for life right away is extreme. There should be a warning, maybe suspend an account for three days for what you call suspicious activity for the first time an account is flagged with a warning that it will be permanent if it is repeated. Many long time players have indeed found advantages without hacking the game or the files. How about just taking those advantages away? There was one that players called the Lady of Infinite Spells. Rovio just made that trick go away, nobody was banned for life over it.

Some of us have been nursing the game along for two years. That is a big investment of time. Many of us have spent money for other advantages, like the cape, crown and scepter to open the small chest every 15 minutes instead of every 30 minutes, and we have spent hundreds of dollars on gems. Rovio has cast an overly large net as of yesterday.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@hank @captsternn

Hi Captsternn, I totally agree with you. Life banned is too extreme for long time players.

I would take your advice to write to apple. The glitch should be Rovio’s developer’s issue, not the cause to ban players. Developer knew the glitch and took no action resulted in banned users?

Jon S
    @jon3800

@hank

Thank you so much.  I can enjoy the game again.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@hank:
    Thank you for the explanations about this bans.
    Nevertheless I agree with all that @captsternn and @yue-zhang wrote. A permanent ban without locking comes close to forced expropriation, after some players spend a lot of money on this game – even despite the glitches and exploit. On addition to that, I must say, hacking is bad and damages the game for others. But banning players for using glitches is only a way to make up for flawd game design – think it over and actually ban hackers.

On a different note I suspect there could be something wrong with my account as well, I am the only player in my tournament. There’s nobody else there…

Chopsting
    @chopsting

On addition to that, I must say, hacking is bad and damages the game for others. But banning players for using glitches is only a way to make up for flawd game design – think it over and actually ban hackers.

lol the double standard,

Glitching and exploting = OKAY

Hacking != OKAY

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

… [deleted]

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Account locked??

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.