ABT v1.7.12.0 for iOS just released – and it's a DUD!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABT v1.7.12.0 for iOS just released – and it's a DUD!

• (Geez, why am I not surprised!)

Downloaded the v1.7.12.0 update for iOS. Starting the app and I’m “downloading assets” at 57% when I get:

“Download failed. Please check your internet connection and try again.”

Well guess what? My internet connection is just fine.

I’ve hard closed the game and tried again to start five times now. Same thing.

What’s worse is that I was basically forced to update, because this morning the game started freezing while in the middle of node runs, missions claims, and even on the main map, so I figured something was going on which is why I checked to see if there was an update available.

I’m on an iPad Mini (1st gen) updated to iOS v9.0.2

@gradientturtle7
    @rumblebee

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@optimuspig Did you try restarting the device?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@mighty-red-1

I just did after your suggestion, and it doesn’t help. It’s still telling me: “Download failed. Please check your internet connection and try again.”

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hello. There is currently a problem with the asset server that handles the latest game data that is preventing the game from launching correctly. Please bear with us while it gets resolved, I’m sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@optimuspig @mighty-red-1 It is not limited to just Transformers, Epic does not start either so just wait a while until Rovio have sorted out the database issues and then try again.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

What an utter joke. I have the same issue, don’t know why I ever install up-dates without checking here first!

omp180
    @omp180

Explains why I can’t log into facebook…

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@angryjohnny Actually, Fight! and AB2 are also having problems – Fight! doesn’t load up, and friends aren’t visible & Arena is not working in AB2.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Someone needs to take Rovio’s toys away from them since they keep breaking them!!! They can have them back when they learn to play nice!!! LOL!! How about an update with new levels and new bots….. that would REALLY break the game!!!

Gabriele Magi
    @gabriele-magi

@gradientturtle7 thanks for the information.

PS: By the way, at the moment it is not possible to connect the game to Facebook, and also the videos are not showing up.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

The main issue has now been resolved but server response times are a little higher than normal, so it may take longer than usual for the game to load completely as everything stabilises. Thank you again for your patience.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7

Just downloaded the update and it appears everything is working back to normal. Received the Updating Progress screen initially but after I hit the checkmark the game came up.
    The rank stayed the same, all TFs stayed at level 15, miles travelled was the same, Storage Level 15 has the new levels of 15/15 and 12/12, accepted the Missions and everything updated correctly, played a Transformer, friend and E…, and they worked fine with all the totals added correctly, the bonus videos worked and did provide the bonus, and 3 SRs in the Professors Lab gained one of the new Achievements.

Thanks to you and your team for fixing this great game.

Now the universe is back to equilibrium…

dmsral
    @dmsral

Worked fine for me, plus ABT is now working for the first time on my new iPhone. Brought everything over from the phone too, nothing lost!

Noticeable improvement: Remaining times are bigger / legible.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Got back into the game finally.

But it looks like I lost all progress on three of my achievements, specifically:

– Masterpiece – Craft something using 3 pieces of Super Rareium
    – The Wreckers – Your Transformer, teammate and Energonicon all fired at the same time
    – Should’ve Kept the Instructions – Board Astrotrain while scrambled by a missile as a Deceptihog

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@optimuspig Go! is also having problems: specifically the Weekly Tournament- it keeps freezing up

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@optimuspig I finally upgraded on Android to version 1.7.9.2 and also lost those 3 achievements. My gem tally remained the same, so hopefully if I redo the achievement I will be rewarded the requisite gems … fingers crossed.

Joey
    @joeyba

i lost the same 3 achievements also.
    We have to play them again to get them??

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@20qmindreader From memory a TF became scrambled whilst recovering from a rocket hit (not being a washing machine) in the early days, I can’t remember if it was a second or 2 in between turning from a washing machine back to the TF or not. But since one of the earlier upgrades I have not again seen one scrambled. ( looked a bit like coming in and out of focus for about 2-3 seconds)so it is unlikely that we’ll ever get that achievement back because now that we have upgraded the cloud save of previous version is useless.

jman
    @jman

@20qmindreader @droversdog

I lost the same achievements but have since collected gems for masterpiece and the wreckers after completing again.

I had not collected any energonicons besides photoblast until recently unlike most of you, masterpiece will be impossible to achieve until there is new energonicons now.

wrw01
    @wrw01

FYI to all, hope it does not happen to anyone else

Looks like the “Updating Your Progress…” bug/screen has again taken over my iPad Air 2. The game worked fine yesterday. Today, when I collected coins from the main map, closed out the missions that were completed, went into the Lab to play some formulas to take a number of the items to a zero state, then got out of the game and went back into it, the Updating screen took over the game.

It presents itself when the game opens up and all the Achievements are re-listed at the top of the screen. I hit the checkmark and the Updating screen just re-presents itself. Did the same process 3 times with no change in the outcome.

Looks like I cannot play this great game again. Yes it is a great game when it works correctly. I am hopeful they will get it fixed.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@wrw01 this happened to me too. However, this time I was able to switch to airplane mode to launch the game. I harvested coins and collected missions and when I needed a video to collect the hard mission, I switched wifi on w/o closing the game and everything was fine from then on. FYI, I never click the ✔️ on the updating progress screen. This results in me being blocked from the game (no big deal, I’m kinda done) for periods of time, but eventually the “updating progress” will clear on it’s own, courtesy of the excessive number of stealth updates.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@pampeans
    Thanks for the advice.not sure how to switched on wifi without closing the game or getting out of the game. I have an iPad

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@wrw01
    Double-click the home button to minimize the app and swipe to the left to bring up your home screen and then you can select settings while the app is running in the background.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@pampeans
    Thanks for the direction on the wifi. I did what you mentioned 5 times and it worked great.
    Today I did the same technique, at least I thought so, and after I closed airplane mode and opened wifi then went back into the game the progress bug screen showed up.
    I just closed the game, cleared past games and browser, shut the iPad down and start it back up. I have not tried to get back into the game but may give it a try later today.

The other thing that is strange is that I was able to get into and use Facebook on the very first attempt using you’re technique. But since with the other 4 tries have not been able to get into FB through the ABT. Each time I try I am connected to wifi. It just sits on the Leaderboard screen and loads forever and it does not come up any more.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@wrww01 I would just wait it out if I were you, w/o pressing the ✔️. Eventually, it will go away on it’s own, although it may take a couple of days. I find it offensive when I can’t play because of the updating progress code but much less so when I don’t lose progress.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABT v1.7.12.0 for iOS just released – and it's a DUD!

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.