ABT fails to load with no reason

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABT fails to load with no reason

• I’ve been playing for a while now, have all the new characters; arcee, arachnid, bluestreak & prowl all upgraded to level 7. The game has been playing fine except once in a while it seems to lose sync with the touch screen. Nothing restarting the app wouldn’t fix. I played earlier today with no problems, started all my missions and cleared any available levels. Nothing seemed any different than any other day.
    Then tonight, I went to open the app, the screen goes black for a second, then I’m returned to the home screen. I backed up the app & cleared the data & cache. ABT Loaded up then, but I was started back over at the very beginning, unacceptable… I restored the backup and back to failure to load.
    Any advice would be super helpful. I have an old backup, but it’s like 8 months old, I’d rather not lose that much progress…

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • Dragynox
    @dragynox

This is exactly my issue also. I’m around rank 300. I haven’t been able to play for almost 3 weeks due to this. Rovio has been no help so far.

I’m just thinking I should find something more useful to do with the time I spent playing anyway now.

Chuckles
    @chuckles

I have been having the same issue for over a week now as well. Frustrating.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

I am stuck at 299. I detailed all of the bugs in the last update on the Good and Bad Bugs of the current Upgrade comment. A lot of people have been stuck for 2 to 3 weeks and haven’t been able to play.

In my case it loads, it shows what is now an irrelevant upgrade completion, then it goes to the play field, then it says it has to update my progress, then it crashes. And I get to start all over.

Poncho
    @poncho

Same here. I’ve been through this before with Rovio, and trust me, they have no intention to fix it, especially if it only affects a few users or those who have not spent money on the game. Do they really expect people to believe they are incapable of resolving the problem?? If you’re not on Facebook, you may as well start over, and expect the same thing to happen regularly.

nikki567
    @nikki567

@Poncho, I am on FB, but that didn’t help me with the current unplayable issue.

@Dragynox
    , yes, I agree. I’ve been reading more books than ever and my veggie garden is now weed-free!

@Chuckles
    , it has been several weeks for me since I could play!

@Eugene
    Alex, I feel ya’. I’m eternally stuck at 307. Rovio has not replied to me in quite a while. Their customer service is, frankly, surprisingly ineffective.

Dragynox
    @dragynox

I installed the update, but I still cannot launch the game.

HRM1804
    @hrm1804

Their (Rovios) new update auto installed and the game became unplayable. I got the “update” to load finally…miraculously without losing anything and not being connected to Facebook. Since then however I can sometimes play..sometimes not. Played last night for about an hour…got booted out and couldn’t get back in (shows splash screen..then game opening for a few seconds..then thrown out). Couldn’t play this AM but was fine for an hour or so this afternoon…then the same old crap. I find Rovios lack of bug testing and the deplorable amount of glitches reprehensible. They at least could pretend to care and fix the problems. I HAVE spent money (unfortunately) on the game but will never do so again. They seem to be typical of big businesses now. They are greedy for the money but produce a sub-standard product in return.

Dragynox
    @dragynox

I haven’t seen splash screen for about 4 weeks. It just rotates the screen, turns black, and then back to the home screen again.

Chuckles
    @chuckles

I just uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, played until I rescued Bumble Butt, and was then able to get my progress back from FB. No issues at all, except for the original problem that made me reinstall the game.sucks if you don’t have it backed up somewhere.

Dragynox
    @dragynox

Yeah. I don’t have a Facebook account. So I’m stuck.

Dragynox
    @dragynox

Has anyone had any luck with this? I don’t seem to be getting anywhere with Rovio. There has been zero follow up with support. I haven’t been able to play in over a month.

Poncho
    @poncho

Dragynox – I’m in the same boat. Rovio can’t/won’t do anything else to help. I gave up on the game. I think you have to have a Facebook account, or risk losing all progress at any given moment.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

This just happened to me. Was working perfectly fine two hours ago and now blank screen and crashing. And I don’t have Facebook. Seven months of work down the drain. This would have never happened if they hadn’t forced me to update to this horrible bug riddled version.

eugene
    @eugene-alex

SnTrooper I have had the same issue for more than a day now. Still waiting on a response from Rovio.

Josm
    @josm

This is exactly what happened to me today. I clicked the app, nothing happens, black screen and closes directly.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Got the new update and it works! Hallelujah it works!

Rick
    @rick-roller

It was doing this to me. I just got an update and it seems to be fixed. If it still crashes like you’re saying you’ll have to uninstall it and install again. You’ll have to play the tutorial again but once you unlock bumblebee you can use the gems you have to unlock soundwave and connect to FB. It won’t take those gems away from your saved game either.

Dragynox
    @dragynox

Yesterday’s update fixed the problem for me as well.

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

Same basic problem. I’m on level 340 or higher. I really don’t want to delete and start over, though I guess FB should restore my progress??

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABT fails to load with no reason

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.