ABT & AB2 crash with iOS 9 on ipad 2

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum ABT & AB2 crash with iOS 9 on ipad 2

• Since I upgraded my I-pad 2 to iOS 9.0 Angry Birds transforms will not load at all. Angry Birds 2, will load then shut down either during first room played or the second.
    All other Angry birds apps (and indeed all other apps) work fine.
    No other changes to my system other than iOS 9.
    hallfrog

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • MG516
    @mg516

I have had the same problem. I sent a request to Rovio earlier in the day. Sorry you are having the problem @hallfrog but I feel a little better knowing I am not the only. I will share what I hear from Rovio.

MG516
    @mg516

@admins — this thread may be better placed in AB2 bugs and glitches. Thank you.

MG516
    @mg516

@hallfrog – I got the attached from Rovio today:

We’re sorry to hear that the game is causing trouble. The most probable cause for a device not being able to run the game is low memory capacity and/or graphics processing capabilities not being high enough. Unfortunately we cannot do much to fix this issue from our end. Angry Birds 2 can be extremely demanding for devices, the graphics are complicated, and they use a lot of the device’s graphics memory. Unfortunately at least 1GB RAM is required to run the game whereas your device only has 512MB RAM.

You could try to enhance the games functionality by:

a) having as much free space on your device’s memory as possible
    b) not multitasking (close all background applications when starting the game)
    c) restarting the device every now and then to release some memory

No real solution for me except to get a new iPad which isn’t happening.

froggy
    @hallfrog

doubt it is a memory issue, AB2 & ABT both worked fine until I installed iOS 9.
    hallfrog

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@hallfrog — I don’t think it is a hard drive issue, it is a RAM issue. When I played on an iPad 2, performance was worse with IOS 8.4, and Rovio said that IOS 8.4 required more RAM than the previous version. I would expect the same to be true for IOS 9.

froggy
    @hallfrog

MVNLA2,

let me clarfiy. I doubt this explanation both apps worked fine BEFORE I upgraded to iOS 9, after upgrade problems started. No change in hardware.

I do note though, that if I restart the I pad AB2 will get through a couple of rounds, then freeze, or crash and kick me back to home screen.

The talk I found on apple forum notes a variety of bugs in iOS 9, the “cures” seem radical: go back to iOS 8.4, reset networks, etc without backups risk loosing data.

Same for Rovio saying delete apps and reinstall.

Best advice so far seems to be, wait til upgrade on iOS 9 comes out….
    hallfrog

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum ABT & AB2 crash with iOS 9 on ipad 2

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.