ABSW2 Coins: How to know if I have them all (Suggestion for Rovio)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum ABSW2 Coins: How to know if I have them all (Suggestion for Rovio)

• I am closing in on acquiring the 1,000+ coins currently available in the Galactic Giveaway (just need to earn points for a few characters in order to access their reward chapter levels). I was thinking that there should be an icon on the episode selection screen that appears when all the coins for that episode are collected. This could be a coin that appears below the stars earned count and next to the episode score. There is plenty of space to include this coin. I don’t know about anyone else, but I got some serious eye-strain trying to see all the coins in the Pork side of the Rise of the Clones episode. I am still not 100% sure I have all of them!

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

I +1 this!!!!

justpast40
    @justpast40

@reactive1 … Ingenious ! ! ! ! I don’t know why I/we have not seen this suggestion before & I’m hoping from @amslimfordy post that he’ll pass it on to Rovio. If passing on, I’d like to also suggest that perhaps those levels with unclaimed coins could show an indication of the # unclaimed (less work I presume than each level showing all claimed.)

reactive1, I don’t know about you, but I play on 2 platforms, Android (phone) & iPad. The coins are separate on each & while I’ve tried to keep a list to ensure I’m getting them all, it’s quite a task for me when switching between devices & platforms. If you’ve not already done so, you may want to check this started by @birdleader almost 4 months ago upon the “1000” coin giveaway (you can or will see we never found 1000 coins, actually not even close): https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/angry-birds-star-wars-ii-bird-coin-walkthrough-requests/

reactive1
    @reactive1

@justpast40
    I only play on my iPhone. I’ve seen the lists, but also know there is some variation between them. Only Rovio knows for sure and seeing how they’ve given us some in-game achievements for coins collected, it seems they should go the next logical step & let us know when we’ve found them all in each episode side (bird & pork).

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@reactive1 @amslimfordy and @justpast40

There is an achievement, “Coins collected 4” for collecting a total of 1000 coins.

I am personally delighted with that, and reasonably certain that is the most we can expect. It does beg the question of how many coins there are total at the moment. I doubt they would give that achievement if it was exactly 1000. Maybe. Even normal, non-obsessive, and dare I say non-ABN folks would like to collect 1000, and I would imagine that Rovio would like more than diehard players get that satisfaction.

Cool idea though — creative thinking, probably born of anguished frustration in P3 like the rest of us. They lost me with the P3 realm that you’re talking about. I had to take extreme measures, which I detailed here in a post, to know whether or not I got all coins on the sadisticly murky levels. That beat down my desire to have everything precisely right.

That achievement does not address all of our concerns. Every player on every level now wonders, “Did I get them all?” We have been getting that simple, unambiguous, and straightforward feedback when we three star a level. Now that coins have been introduced we are always unsure at first if we got all of the points.

—–

I have thought about starting a forum, “Bird brains” or simply “Dear Rovio,” where people could aggregate useful suggestions. Never decided to do it, but at the moment cool ideas like yours are littered across this entire website, instead of in one place where, if they were so inclined, they could might read suggestions because they are easy to find (or if members here have their ear, they can harvest and pass them along).

reactive1
    @reactive1

@Gelfling
    Thanks. The P4 (Rise of the Clones) levels are what I was referring to. I’ve studied each level several times & I think I have all the coins, but I’m not 100% sure though. I thought the new in-game achievements for coins collected was a good addition, but Rovio needs to add the coin icon that I mentioned in the original post & then a total coin count in the account summary (such as 1395/1400 coins) like the stars & medals (achievements) count. The only coins I need now are from the three reward chapter levels that I haven’t unlocked yet. I’m also anxious for the four remaining bonus levels in Rise of the Clones that we haven’t seen yet. I thought those would have been out with the last update that gave us Master Your Destiny.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@reactive1 – wow, you really think this through, and it sounds like you know this better than I do. The four remaining bonus levels were something I had no idea about. I hesitate to say what Rovio should do, because their interest and mine diverge. But if they do read any of these forums, hopefully they’ll consider your idea. I hope that you conquer the last reward level soon, that was a big relief to me.

reactive1
    @reactive1

@Gelfling – The episodes prior to Rise of the Clones started out with four bonus levels (two each in the bird side & pork side) & then gained four bonus levels in a subsequent update. If Rovio follows this pattern, then we’ll get four more levels (my guess is when the 5th episode is released).
    Unlocking the last three reward levels will take a while until I can earn more coins to buy more of the three characters (or get lucky with the carbonite). I’m about 60% on Hologram Darth Sidious, 40% on Tusken Raider, and 0% on Leia. I’ve done everything in the game with coins earned & the carbonite reward. I haven’t purchased any coins or bought any telepods.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@reactive1 – damn, damn, damn. the computer ate my response to you. I will try to remember what I said.

Now I understand what you mean by bonus levels. I thought that those were “special” levels, because of the naming, S#, and because they required using the most random characters, those S-pecially pain in the butt to play, like Yoda and Droideka.

I too have refused to pay for Telepods and coins. At first I even refused to pay for SW2, until they did such a good job of customer support I paid for the game itself. The problem with that stubbornness is that I started running out of coins and characters when I hit about the fourth chapter, and realized that there was no way I was going to finish the reward chapters unless I paid money. So instead I did not pay money and restarted the game from scratch, this time knowing what I was doing.

About then I discovered the endless Carbonite melts bug. Using that, I have been able to have as many characters as I wanted, which is been lots of fun. The other day since I had over 40 Wickets and I found a level that looked like a good use for them, I was able to spend 15 of them trying various strategies, just playing, until I saw that the level was another in which Wickets were useless. When I was paranoid about using any characters the game was not that fun. Now it is. Yea.

reactive1
    @reactive1

@Gelfling – The carbonite reward bug has been very beneficial to me as well. The only character I have yet to earn from it is Leia. It won’t be hard to score 100,000 points with her, once I get a few of her in my character swap inventory. Hopefully, we’ll gain some more in-game achievements in the next update that will give me enough coins to purchase Leia.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@reactive1 – Good! I was trying to figure out a way to say, “Try out this ‘bug’, it’s great,” but you found it already. Leia is a strange one, only 2x in the past 366 melts, but when she shows up I have gotten five of her. I hope you get the same soon.

reactive1
    @reactive1

@Gelfling – Carbonite melt just gave me 5 Leias. This is the first time I’ve played Leia. I used 4 Leias to gain enough points to unlock her reward chapter, which was fairly easy to three star & grab all three coins at the same time.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@reactive1 – Cool! You’re having the same experience, none at all and then five Leias all at once. I like the fact that we have reward levels, because I can practice before spending hoarded Carbonite characters. Congratulations — sometimes good things do come to those who wait.

reactive1
    @reactive1

@Gelfling – Thanks! I just have two characters to go: Hologram Darth Sidious & Tusken Raider. I’m glad I didn’t have to spend any coins to get her. I only have 100 right now anyway.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@reactive1 – this all sounds so familiar! I feel for you, those were some of my last characters too. I also ran out of coins, and didn’t have the coins to buy characters. Plus, this is just me, I refused to buy coins/characters from Rovio. When I calculated it out precisely I realized that there was basically no way I could win without spending real money.

At that point I actually started over from scratch and created a new account altogether. That has been more work and a much better result than I expected. When I finish the reward levels I will have more than 3000 coins, have finished everything, and have lots and lots of characters because of the infinite melts. The only money I have spent is on allowing birds and pigs to crossover, which is about $600 (? Can’t remember precisely how much precisely and I can’t see it anymore).

You have two options that I know of, one is to start doing the infinite melts and the other is to just wait until Rovio announces a new chapter and backfill coins from there.

reactive1
    @reactive1

@Gelfling – I guess I’ll just wait till the next chapter & hopefully earn enough coins to finish the last two characters.

Gelfling
    @gelfling

@reactive1 – A purist. I was too until I figured out that Rovio did not want me to be a purist and was trying everything they could to get me to stop being pure, i.e. the Telepods, buying characters with coins, Carbonite melts, making coins impossible to get without character swaps, etc. etc.

If you change your mind about it, with a lot of characters this game is a lot more fun. Most of the time I stay kosher, especially because the levels are built for one character, but being able to work on a level with all different kinds of tools is a treat.

At least there is a way out for you if you have plenty of patience.

AngryFinch
    @cutigers98

I think the idea about “there should be an icon on the episode selection screen that appears when all the coins for that episode are collected.”( @reactive1 ) would be awesome. It would finally put at ease everyone’s minds as to whether they actually have collected ALL of the coins in each chapter. I think an additional idea would be to add an achievement award for collecting all the coins in each level(except for Master Your Destiny).

reactive1
    @reactive1

I finally was able to unlock the last two (pre-Rebels) Reward Chapter levels thst I still needed this week – Tusken Raider & Hologram Darth Sidious. I now have collected all the original coins from the Galactic Giveaway. I still have 6 Rebels characters to unlock. Their point thresholds are really high, especially since the Rebels levels to date only use 6 of the 12 new characters. I haven’t watched Rebels yet, but would love to see an episode based on the Clone Wars series & some of the new characters that have been featured in that.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum ABSW2 Coins: How to know if I have them all (Suggestion for Rovio)

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.