About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,451 through 2,475 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I haven’t seen any apathy or penitentiary league for a while. I have seen the normal or no-lifer leagues too often now. Even getting to the payout ranks are tough enough, impossible to get to my favorite #4. And I will have to not play at all to get demoted.

Katydid
    @katydid

My group must have huge numbers of tickets. I manage to get into second or third only to find I’m back to 7th or 8th next time I play. None of them many 1,2,3 place medals for their levels so I may just be moving back with you.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@katydid For me anyway, there are better things to do (better games to play) than trying to get up to top 3 in the normal league. Can I get there? Yes I can but I have to play continuously and I have over 100 tickets. Watch it, my position will last for few hrs before some other bots or “no-lifer” overtake me by tens of stars.

Other than the streak rewards, you lost at most 20 gems profit per day if you stay out of arena for a week to (hopefully) get to lower league. You have to hope there is at least 1 of the bottom dwellers have more stars than you.

Lower arena levels have more “apathy or penitentiary” leagues. You can get to #4 and stay there in peace. Payoff is less but you don’t waste as much time.

Katydid
    @katydid

Agreed I play one round before bed. No way I’m going to play ever 3-4 hrs. Just to win a pretend prize

s0ulm8ch8
    @s0ulm8ch8

@rhonda90402

Yeah, I have the same problem when I try purchase red’s pirate hat. The hat didn’t materialize and didn’t get my 1000 pearls back. I contact Rovio by e-mail and give them my Facebook user id number. A few days later, I got my 1000 pearls back.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

I see the Arena bots have all been powered up.

Yesterday- playing Arena was fine- challenging, but fine.

Today- every player I encounter is a cutsey bird name with bird avatar who play no spells, but seem to be miraculously amassing mega points off screens that no one single bird can destroy.

I’ve entered every match with 5 spells and have had to watch the video 3 times just to continue because my score was beaten just enough.

More screwjobbery by Rovio

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

It varies, DJ. I don’t use spells and often score between 15 million and 20 million points. Play again and I barely get 5 million. A lot depends on what bird choices I am given, some of it memorizing the levels to know I need to hang on to a certain bird or birds for the next room.

I don’t know how our opponents are chosen. I was having a really hard time this morning just winning twice to get my ten stars to collect the gems. This afternoon I am not having much trouble at all.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

I’ve lost my mojo in the Arena this week. I have 715 points and I’m in 10th place. Even the three souls in the demotion zone have 400+ points.

TripH0P
    @triph0p

I keep hearing about infinite spells..do they still work? If so, how do you do it on android? I’m not looking to root my phone or anything to do it. It sounds like you just force close the same at the correct to have infinite spells

Jon S
    @jon3800

@triph0p

Yes it still works and it is the reason why I accumulated almost 5000 spells and all my birds are at level 42 (pristine silver + all fancy hats + elder amethyst sling shot awarded)

It’s been aforementioned quite a few times in this thread, and you got the just of it, force close the app and DO NOT return to the trail map.

This works on the arena, daily challenge, King Pig Panic (especially this one, since if you clicked next, there’s a nasty bug in this game that bring you all the way back to level 1 and I have to scroll over 940 levels to get where I need to be) and the trail levels (i.e the chapter levels). Do your levels and force close the app when you are done, do NOT return to the map or you will lose the spells you have used. I use an IOS device but it should work across ALL devices

Jon S
    @jon3800

@hubert-lo

Apathy league does exists and it’s the first time ever I’m in one after being in nothing but competitive leagues. I’m in the lead with 876 points and 2nd place has 633, and it the tournament is ending tomorrow.

There’s no real special way of getting there, just play hard, upgrade as much as you can and hope for a random chance. Last week I ended up being first with 2415 stars. Recently, I’ve noticed there’s becoming fewer players in the arena and Rovio is adding fillers in my diamond league. Out of the 14 players, I only have 2 with players with a decent stat in a diamond league (level 35-38 birds with an elder azure/emerald sling shot), I’m maxed out at level 42 with a elder amethyst sling shot) , the rest of the 12 players are starters (most are level 4-8, and some players don’t even have Terrence) who aren’t even playing.

TripH0P
    @triph0p

Thanks! That did work, I can’t believe I’ve been playing over a year and never knew this trick…so many gems wasted on buying 3 birds continue….I’ll probably never lose again lol.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

It seems to me that even the Amethyst league is way too much work to get into the minimal reward giving level, for the last few weeks. Given there are always few bottom dwellers at the bottom that never catch up to #12, I decided to not play for 36 hrs this week when this week arena starts. Now I just have to make sure I can stay below the #12 player, 1 game or less a day is fine with me. My goal is Emerald league which I found good hunting for #4 two months ago.

I don’t really want to win, I just want my 4th spot for decent payouts. Going to lower league is always a possibility I don’t mind entertaining.

11 gold, 3 silver, 5 bronze is what I have in my medal count, 95% came before end of July 2016 when the updates broke everything.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I found this thread when Googling if I was seeing things, or if it was really possible to cheat in the arena.

I don’t play AB that much, don’t have a lot of free time and with a security camera looking at my desk at work, I can’t even do it if I’m on the phone and stuck on hold, or if its the end of the day. The boss would hit the roof as he always has all the cameras loaded on a monitor in his office.

When I do play in the arena, I usually win my matches, and have won a few tournaments including one which ended yesterday. Ended up with about 250 stars, but no one else was even close so I guess it was a lot of people just claiming the daily feathers.

Anyway, today it moved me back to bronze (tells you how long it has been since I played in the arena). Did okay the first couple of matches, then ran into a guy who with his first bird, went to over 10 million. Now, I also only needed 1 bird, Terence, to clear the first level as it was mostly ice and the slingshot was well above the structures. I ended up getting about 1.5 million with Terence. By the time it was over, I had about 6 million and he was over 40. He also went from zero stars in the tournament to over 200 in about an hour. Needless to say, it’s pretty much pointless to play a few hours later when I had a free entry, I was matched up with him again. Didn’t even bother to waste my time, just closed the game. His flock power was 123, mine is 120 so he doesn’t have some huge advantage, and even if he had a 5-10 point advantage, it could not account for the scores he is getting. One other player I encountered got just over 4 million on his first shot, and over 1.5 million on each subsequent one, but he easily could have just been lucky and each bird was hitting perfectly.

It really ruins the fun when people cheat. Same reason I quit playing Call of Duty or any other FPS online.

Neil G
    @neilg

One birded a screen- less than 500,000 points.

Opponent- gets over 2 million.

And Rovio maintains that you are playing the same screen as the opponent you are matched against? I think not somehow!

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@aggieguy Cheat, there is no way to cheat officially. What are you talking about?? wink wink….

Getting over 10 million per match is not that hard to do.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@aggieguy

An opponent that is scoring 10-15 million for a round is normal. What level are your birds at, what hats are they wearing and what’s your sling shot? I score anywhere between 15 and 30+ million points (my flock power is maxed out at 294 and I bring all 5 spells in every match I do). Sometimes an opponent will score 4+ million points in one room, but then you’ll start noticing his score start slowing down towards the end of his/her run. Rovio does that to make it a competition and I hate that, especially if my opponent who has a flock power 30 BELOW mine score double than my maxed out birds. I also abhore how they place pigs in unreachable places to make you spend on gems.

However, an opponent scoring 40+ million at the end of a match,regardless of flock power, YOU need to screenshot that and report to Rovio. My friend faced an opponent that scored 57 million, and myself (before the christmas update) with 102 million points and we were evenly matched (at the time I had a power 245 (elder gold sling shot+ knight caps+ master diamond). I didn’t even bother continuing. We reported to them, and got they removed their runs and we never faced them again since. Those people clearly are cheaters.

200 stars in an hour is doable if you know how to bank arena tickets, have a couple of your friends send you 5-gem gifts that you can claim, use infinite spell glitch (see above) and play like on multiple devices like I do. An arena match typically lasts 3-4 minutes, so if you bring in all 5 of your spells, you can get 10 stars depending on who you face. I don’t think you can get 200 stars exactly, but you can get pretty darn close.

@hubert-lo

It can be a struggle. It depends on your flock strength.

FlingerPro
    @ericli

@jon3800

I get it in 1 in 10 games, and I have level 23-ish birds.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@erlicli

It depends on the level of your birds, some can be a struggle, but can be possible with spell cards. For me it’s not an issue since my birds are at level 42 with level 24 spells. What tier are you on (elder, master or pristine?)

FlingerPro
    @ericli

@jon3800
    Elder Azure. I’ll show you once I work out how to take screenshots.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

I’m noticing the indestructable pigs are back with a vengeance. Immune to crashing structures, blasts and general mayhem. This morning, one sat blinking on a glass pole after bomb had flattened all else around.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

My flock power is 125. All birds but Terence are Elder Gold and he will be soon, just needs a few more feathers; with a Azure slingshot. Each bird is wearing a cowboy hat. The guy I was gripping about had a flock power of 128, so very little difference. I can see the random shot where a player has everything go perfect and wipes the level clean; I’ve done it myself. I’ve won matches with close to 10 million and the other person has around half that. I assume he just had an off game and mine went great. However, no way someone can have 10x, 20x, etc. the score (in a match where the lower scoring player still does average or better for the their flock power and the level) without something being amiss if both players are supposed to be more or less equal. It’s not like someone with a flock power of 10 is playing against someone with a flock power of 200.

And as Psygaz noted, gotta love the micro pigs which seem to survive Bomb going off right next to them. They get flung across the level and survive with only their ice/wood/stone casing being broken, or are buried in tons of collapse debris. Then they laugh at you as you waste bird after bird trying to get them out of some ungodly spot. This is why I usually use a hot chili as it is a good way to get the inevitable pig which is otherwise unreachable or would take multiple birds to get to.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The awkward moment when you watch a commercial for Angry Birds Friends to get a freebie and Terrence goes sailing thru various structures unimpeded. Then you go back to your game only to have Terrence stopped by a single pencil-thin strip of ice…

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Is it my imagination or has the Arena got extremely hard to win games again? Seems my opponents always have a much higher flock power than me and then when we are similar they seem to get 4m more points than me even though it’s neck and neck until the last couple of birds?

Proteus
    @proteus

@jeremyharrod you’re not the only one having the same issue with this. Yesterday, my opponents have 203 flock power when i’m only have 196. And guess what ? I’m absolutely slaughtered by over 5 million difference, even though i’m bringing some spells. More funny things ? It happens in streak 1.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,451 through 2,475 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.