About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,176 through 2,200 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Kt
    @ktcain

Wow! What a surprise! I thought Level 19 would present some fabulous scores. Wow again. It is much more like the scores from much earlier Levels. (Shaking my head.) The score adjustment is so obvious it is … well, immensely disappointing. It seems as if it is just impossible for the Game Masters to follow the thread created in July and allow we players to actually relax, enjoy the Game, have fun and feel like this was worth the time spent, worth playing, worth the gems …. because it was so much fun. When you tweak the scoring mechanism, misdirect birds, create landscapes that the birds offered cannot penetrate while saying you are making it more of a challenge, or whatever the latest explanation is …. nobody believes that. I certainly don’t anymore. And I have given you the benefit of the doubt several times. Please tell me that this scoring reset is a bug you can and want to fix rather than an obvious, disappointing, ugly piece of code intended to founder us all in the Arena and force everyone to ante up those gems to play … again and again and again.

Anonymous

Please tell me that this scoring reset is a bug you can and want to fix rather than an obvious, disappointing, ugly piece of code intended to founder us all in the Arena and force everyone to ante up those gems to play

My experience seems to be a polar opposite of yours?

No scoring bug for me, haven’t had the need to spend gems in weeks possibly longer, with level 19 birds I average 18-20 mil (usually 2 or 3 spells included) and from memory have an all time high of around 25 or 26 mil (at least for me)…currently at just over 900 in the arena for the new week 9 hours in and only lost 2 games all day.

Kt
    @ktcain

@chucky-2

Wish I could say the same. At Level 17-18, scores of 18-20 million were frequently attained. My best over 23.5 million. Now, that has been cut in half, 9 -12 million. I saw the score changing mechanism engage when it very first started after the power outage a couple of days ago and was as I described in an earlier post. If this is a bug affecting some but not all players, I really hope it gets fixed. Over this last week I lost 2 first round matches and just started the Streak again. I have had to watch the video 3 times now in the last week and needed gems twice to complete round 7 of the Streak. Before last week, I haven’t lost an Arena match, needed to watch a video or use gems since last May. Having my scores cut in half is forcing me down a different path if I want to complete the Streak. I was competitive in the Arena before. This new scoring has changed 10 Star matches to 5-8 Star matches. That makes it much harder to compete for any of the black pearls. I would love to hear if other players are having an experience similar to mine or are the Level 19 players seeing even higher Arena scores as you are. (So glad you are not in my Tourney Group, btw :0) )

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Cross reference: Backup=local computer. Data=gems. Lost=spent. Recover=restore.

Morpheus waits.

Penz
    @penz

Yeah that’s different to what happens to me, your experience doesn’t sound right. You should submit a ticket to Rovio, I’m sure they’d have their top people all over it ?

bys
    @mrbys

I think there is a cyberattack, ddos, going on right now towars many sites.
    My guess Rovio is one of them.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

Im bird enough to take losing a match in the arena…I am in first place in Diamond League and #2 is hundreds of points behind you…suddenly they’re hundreds ahead, not because they beat you but rolled the credit card to get there. I have climbed from three and fought to the top spot again. I think they do this in order to get you to spend to match them. Not winning just telling it like I see it.

Kt
    @ktcain

@penz Thanks for your suggestion. It certainly seemed wrong to me. After several restarts the scoring mechanism seem to improve and seems somewhat more normal. I also think the last download created more of a downdraft in the Arena, increasing score difficulty as obstacles seem to have multiplied along with a myriad of balloons of all sizes.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@ktcain

I have found this to be true too. A couple of my last rounds were very close and I even used some spells while my opponent didn’t.

cognitive
    @cognitive

No scoring bug for me, haven’t had the need to spend gems in weeks possibly longer, with level 19 birds I average 18-20 mil (usually 2 or 3 spells included)

Chucky, this is impressive – I assume all 19 level birds and pirate hats?

I used to average 15M pretty consistently with a full spell set (18’er birds, gold sling, +2 hats) Then it dropped dramatically to around 10M. Much of it is the levels are now very complex, most with 3 structures, and more stone than a Bavarian castle.

What seems to happen is that the benefit from Our Lady of The Spells seems to be negated EVERY time by one room where things simply go awful. Which makes me wonder:

Why is it that when I run into such an awful room (micro pigs everywhere 4+ birds/spells) my opponent seems to be equally tormented? Without the benefit of Our Lady Of The Spells, the opponent will likely do 8-9M, even with all L18/19 birds and hats.

Katydid
    @katydid

I have the same thing. Where I used to get 8-10 stars per win I now consider 6 a high score. I think Rovio must be out of dirty tricks but they keep on finding new ways to pry money out of my tight fist.

Anonymous

I assume all 19 level birds and pirate hats?

Yeah mate, all 19 and pirate hats.

I have noticed over the past 48 hours that one in every 7-10 games, that there is one arena level where it can be a “struggle” to win, but certainly not impossible.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I just had an arena run about 4 in the morning and battled the same Crash Fearsome 3 times in a row so I know there is no way we are playing an actual live pelive,but the computer generated opponents. He the computer beat me once and I won twice in a row the same crash fearsome.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I just had an arena run about 4 in the morning and battled the same Crash Fearsome 3 times in a row so I know there is no way we are playing an actual live person, but the computer generated opponents. He the computer beat me once and I won twice in a row the same crash fearsome.

Anonymous

Just posted this in the hats, pearls and slingshot thread, but will post it here so everyone has the same info:

In the Halloween update released today you have 3 new hat levels, with 3 new slingshot levels (elder bronze, elder silver and elder gold) and 1 new card level.

If I remember correctly one set of hats were Halloween hats that cost 20 each, the next were wigs and I think they were 100 each, and the final set is Knight Hats and they are 1000 pearls a piece.

If you also tap on any of your birds in the arena, and then tap the ‘i’ (info) button on the left of the bird, it shows and explains how levels are calculated.

So you now have a max card level of 20, a max slingshot level of 10, and a max hat level of 3…..leading to a max bird level of 33 (10 + 20 + 3 = 33). That max bird level now displays above your bird in the Arena.

Proteus
    @proteus

Some things have changed in arena due to Halloween update :

1. The reward has changed, you now get 250 feathers for streak 5 and 750 feathers for streak 7
    2. You can see sum of your bird level and your opponents in “flock power” under your birds
    3. I’m still don’t get how the opponents selected after the update. One time i’m having an opponents with flock power 136 when mine is 135, and another time i’m having an opponents with flock power 133 but he scores better than previous opponents.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Don’t forget I’m fairly good at this game – today I have won 1 level 1 on the arena out of 6. The other 5 games I had been humiliated and lost by millions.

One game I playe a pefect game getting shot after shot right and getting lucky breaks and everything.

I lost by 3m points!

Nice to know things don’t change – which is why I don’t play much these days. All so boring

Penz
    @penz

One thing I’m noticing that’s happening to me quite regularly in the arena, especially in the early streaks, is that I could be leading by around 2 million, I’m in a room with 2 or 3 structures, I’ll clear these with 1 bird, meaning I’ve had a good turn, and suddenly my opponent has caught or even passed me. These are usually against lower level birds and I end up scrapping a win. I’m at a loss as to how this happens as in my head they’ve just scored 3-4 million with one bird?

Jon S
    @jon3800

Another MAJOR significant change is that spell cards have reverted back to being +1 multipliers, making it almost useless for scoring high in the arena. Not fun at all, since I can no longer get 10 stars. I’m averaging 5-7 stars in the Halloween update. Also in streak 1,2 and 4 regardless of my flock power ( 217 which includes all master emerald birds, pirate hats, elder bronze sling)…I’m almost always required to watch a video bird or pay 60 gems to beat the just beat player with weaker levels. Definitely not happy with this update

Katydid
    @katydid

I have yet to get what I assume you all are calling the Halloween update. Possibably it is a difference in where we live. IF not I have no idea why I have gotten it yet or if I will.

Anonymous

@katydid the Halloween update was released about 20 hours ago and should change your loading screen to this picture: https://www.facebook.com/angrybirds2/photos/a.1153005851423875.1073741827.1136977643026696/1256054311119028/?type=1&theater

It has been released on both android and iOS so as long as you are using either platform you should have an update waiting for you. If you don’t I suggest rebooting your device and check the play store or App Store to see if the update is available for you.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Loading time has really sucked for me ever since the Halloween update. It either takes an extremely long time to log in when the game first loads, or I can’t log in at all. It’s gotten to the point where I have to put my phone on airplane mode just so it won’t even try to connect to a game server that is obviously struggling, just so I can play the new campaign levels.

I don’t really see the point of revamping the scoring system, changing all our bird levels, and changing the spell score multipliers back to 1. Meanwhile the “infinite spell glitch” is still as exploitable as ever. Rovio clearly does not have their priorities straight.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@david-martin

Hi David.
    I totally agree with you.

Do not know about this “infinite spell glitch”
    Does it require you to play on two devices?
    If you could please elaborate…

Best regards,

James Peden
    @james-peden

It seems that not everyone has has their spell level knocked down to 1 I just took a screen shot that shows that the spells my opponent has are level 20 max emerald spells. I can’t seem to load the screen shot here

David Martin
    @david-martin

@kedik22 – Try using every spell you have the next time you play the Arena. When you finish the match and return to the main Arena screen, DO NOT click to go back to the map. You can play several Arena rounds in succession and continue to deplete your spells, just never exit to the map. When you’re done with the Arena, force quit the AB2 app. (On an iPhone, double click the home button and swipe AB2 up off the screen; this may need to be done differently on other devices.) Then restart the app and you should have all the stars/feathers/etc. you earned from those last few Arena runs, but your spells will have reset back to the number you had before the first of those runs. (You’ll also lose any spells you won from treasure chests during those runs.)

You can also use this trick to get back spells you used to assist in a regular campaign level, the DC, or the KPC. In that case, you’d force quit after seeing the screen that shows you the three stars or the prizes you won for completing the DC/KPC. The key is to never let it go back to the map screen. That seems to be when it actually saves the changes to your spell count.

Be warned that if you complete an Arena run right when a tournament ends and you’re awarded a prize based on your placement, it DOES save your spell count then. (I had this happen to me last Saturday.) Also, if you get booted back to the map due to the Arena not loading, it will save your spell count then, so if you see the Matilda “connection error” screen, force quit the app immediately.

This works for me on an iPhone, but I’m not 100% sure it works on all devices. To be on the safe side, start by just using one of a spell where you have a few to spare, so that if it doesn’t work out you haven’t wasted anything important. Once you’ve acquired at least one of every spell, basically you can use every spell on every Arena run using this trick. If you were wondering how so many of your opponents had such a surplus of spells, well now you know.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,176 through 2,200 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.