About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,126 through 2,150 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Katydid
    @katydid

Rovio is well aware of the touchy chests. They choose to leave it as they have made a fortune off of accidental buys. I complained when my sleeve brushed the screen. Rovio refused to refund my gems. You can however go thru Apples iTunes for a refund. They do not want to see their customers cheated.the refunded my gems in seconds.

Therealmccaw
    @cmelancon

I’ve been experiencing the same exact thing. I had a friend of mine (software/hardware guy) dig into this. It basically amounts to a setup and money grab by rovio. In one game you defeat your opponent by 4mil plus and end up with 9 stars. The next game you defeat your opponent by 2.5mill plus and end up with 10 stars. I’ve had games that I’ve won by 3mil and only received 6 stars. Fortunately I haven’t spent a single dime on this game other than when I downloaded the app. It’s been so long ago I don’t even remember if I actually paid anything. Anyway, rovio does not and will not get a cent from me because it’s becoming blatantly obvious that they are the ones cheating in an attempt to get more money out of the players.
    I’ve also had instances that when I get to the 2 ticket level on the “meter”, especially the last few weeks, no matter who I play against, it’s an automatic loss. In fact, I’ve had games where I was within a couple of hundred points and had the video to watch for the additional bird, but it just so happens that the game locks up. Coincidence? Absolutely not. Like I said, this is purely a money grab by rovio but I won’t be falling for it. It’s a shame because it’s a neat little game but rovio has gotten too money greedy.

Penz
    @penz

There’s no doubt we are being screwed, but how you are awarded points for winning matches in the arena isn’t one of them. It’s not how much you beat your opponent by, it’s how much you score compared to them. I’ve been through this several times before and I can’t be bothered going through it again. There is a formula behind it and once you understand roughly what it is you’ll know how many stars you’ll get even before the match is over.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Yeah it depends of percentage between you and your opponent.

Putte
    @puttekula

Yup, with all magic in your bag I usually score 75 to 100% over the competitor. Gives most often 9-10 stars.

Davetv
    @davetv

@katydid what was the process to getting your gems back thru apple? Did they actually credit you gems back or did they give you a monetary credit for them. Can you tell me which link or phone # that you used to contact apple?

VL
    @vlp57

So what’s the deal with endless spells? I’ve had to get all mine through the treasure chests or the daily challenge.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Used to be guaranteed 9 or 10. Nowadays I’ve seen many a no-spell (supposedly opponent light up the board for 15M points… esp at high streaks.

There are other strange things that seem to be happening WAY too frequently… Case in point, you’re playing an alledged no-speller and his first 2-3 birds are pitiful. After 3-4 birds you’re at 4M and he may be at 1.5-2M. Then all of a sudden two textbook moves happen:

– No-spell catches up with you with a couple birds (puts in 3+M points)
    – you manage to get stuck and waste a LOT of birds on a seemingly routine room
    – he runs out of birds and you’re both tied at 7-9M and you have a few birds left (thanks to Our Lady of The Spells) and you win with a 7, maybe 8. In weeks past this was a guaranteed 10…

Katydid
    @katydid

I went thru iTunes. You have figure out the cash value for the gems. Then just submit a request for that amount and the refund is issued. In my case I purchased some gems but it malfunctioned. It made the sound of the gems being transferred but the gem amount never changed. I clicked on it three times but only got sounds no gems. I just went to iTunes clicked on the correct receipt and requested a refund giving the reason just mentioned. The refund was issued right then no wait time.

Good luck

snappy
    @snap

I have been checking the score ratio to stars and so far the trend shows something like the table below. I wish I kept notes so it could be more accurate. Right now these are from memory.

Approx points ratio (your score / opponent score) to score:

1.0-1.05 : 5
    1.05 – 1.15 : 6
    1.15 -1.25: 7
    1.25 -1.5 :8
    1.5-1.8 :9
    1.8+ : 10

If you find a score that does not match the table, please reply with scores and stars earned so that the table can be corrected.

kelshe
    @kelshe

Today in the first room of an arena match, my opponent’s first 3 birds in his queue were Bomb. This before any birds were flung. Rovio has explained how a player can have two of the same bird. How would they explain three?

Kt
    @ktcain

For as long as I was noticing such things, many months now, each bird had its day for feathers in the Arena Tourney in sequence … until the last download. Suddenly I played for Red’s feathers for 48 hours straight. After 24 hours of playing Arena for Silver last Fri-Sat, I am again playing another 24 hour cycle for Silver. We must all be having this experience. And looking at my flock before the new download with the Master Azure Card, I see that this new arrangement does not offer enough play time for each of the birds to Level up before the new card arrives. Another disadvantage created for Arena play, as if it hasn’t become tough enough already. Of course I will be faced with opponents who are already the new Level 19, and it will take me much longer to Level my birds who are now short of feathers. So now there is a much greater chance of being forced to take an extra card and then use gems for more extra cards in order to Level all my Flock to 19. We are gradually working backwards from something fair and fun brought in with the July download to the ugly Mean Streets we faced after that nasty May download. It always gets back to Mean Streets with this Game.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I was wondering about that… I’m all level 18 birds and a few of my birds have enough feathers to win the election in November… But a couple don’t.

Another artifact of level 18 maxed out birds. Lots of spells in the treasure boxes. When I had only Terrence on 17 every feather gift from the box was for him and he finally leveled up. Now all I get are either coins or spells.

Anonymous

Now all I get are either coins or spells.

Yep, happens to all of us. Once all your birds are at the current max level, treasure chests only give coins or spells until a new level is released.

The bonus is you end up with hundreds of spells, the negative being you then only get feathers from the arena until that new level is released.

With that being said, when you have all of your birds with thousands of feathers, I think I would rather spells and coins lol

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Can I buy some feathers and spells off you?

Putte
    @puttekula

Buy them yourself within the game.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Spells you can buy, feather you cannot buy. With all these Arena BS going on, no buying from me at this moment.

New Level 19 is called Azure apparently.

Penz
    @penz

Just as I get all my birds to level 18 along comes level 19….and obviously all my opponents are already equipped with level 19 birds, sigh.

Putte
    @puttekula

When theres need for feathers you can buy them. If you have full collection only spells are for sale.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Seems that in this week i’ll be demoted. Never been before, will i demoted only one rank down or back to the vanilla?

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

@sambeaver you will just go down one rank.

In my current Amethyst League, all players 9th place and under have 0 stars. I guess players are either all cheaters who got caught or are giving up on the game en masse. Considering that’s almost half the competition, it’s a pretty sad case either way.

Yet the top scorer is already at 1800 stars.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Scores like 1800 or higher. It’s not one man’s job. My personal record is 1104. For getting this i played practically all time taking pauses only for eating and sleeping. How possible is that several players use same FB account and their points just are counted together?

Anonymous

Finished the new levels in just over an hour, and all birds are now level 19…the new levels seemed rather easy in comparison to some earlier levels :/ none the less, they seemed like more regenerated levels and less like they put in any effort designing them.

KLM13
    @klm13

The scores of the others in my league haven’t budged in hours. Anyone else experiencing this? I don’t trust it…

Jon S
    @jon3800

@chucky-2

Hate to say, that’s Rovio for you. The cheapest way to update the game is to re-use some of the levels and market them as “new” and unlock a new tier card for good measure so players can compete in the arena. Sadly, most of the levels as of late are just regurgitated from previous chapters, Daily Challenge and King Pig Panic. I’ve seen 813’s boss room pop up so many times on DC. You’re right. Last time they put a good effort in designing a new theme was when they introduced gravity grove chapter pack back in level 501-540, so that’s like months ago. If you only they could put in effort in like they do on AB Seasons it would be less tiring.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,126 through 2,150 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.