About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,951 through 1,975 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Fox Knoxx
    @fox-knoxx

About comparable opponents :

Your Opponents in arena are based on equal full multiplier.
    IF they have 2-3 higher birds level, you have higher multiplier with hats.Sling is not issue here . Like, they have the same slingshot as you, but it can’t be real , depending on the hats of Their birds in nest. 7 birds – 7 different hats.
    I always fight with opponents with 3- 5 Higher birds Level and different hats, or even 2 birds with no hats, but i win all the matches with 5- 9 stars, without using spells.If I want a full 10 stars , i use few spells.It ‘s very important to choose the right bird in the right moment and to use stronger birds at the earlier levels when destructometer fills faster.And THE SKILLS. Without them , you can’t win even using spells.

Jon S
    @jon3800

All was well in the arena until I bought 10 tickets…seconds later (it all disappeared).

Crash
    @gdog1208

Well something changes this week. Up until this week, I would complete the streak 3 out of 4 times. Now I rarely get past 1st chest. Just had a lvl 7 bird pop 2.5 million with last bird. Just seems odd that I went from an 85percent win percentage down to roughly a 40 percent, drastic change!!!

Crash
    @gdog1208

And terrance can no longer reek havoc, I doubt he could even bust thru a wet paper sack at this point.

Katydid
    @katydid

I agree instead of Terence needs no special powers, they need to say and Terence has no power! He doesn’t even make it thru one wall much less a complete tower!
    He used to be able to go thru three of them leveling an entire challange.

The bomb also is less then half his old Power.

Tonite the arena hung up on level 6 causing the game to crash. I restarted the game entered the arena and sure enough I was returned to level 1! Grrrrr

David Martin
    @david-martin

So, in this week’s Arena where I was hopelessly behind from the get-go, my top 3 opponents are named: Swoosh, Phoenix, and I kid you not, Swoosh Phoenix. Just a coincidence, I’m sure.

Penz
    @penz

@katydid agreed regarding bomb, at crucial times he’ll just kill the pigs but barely scratch the materials, giving you minimal points to fill the destructometer.

Also, when was the last time any of you faced someone who had their FB pic on their profile? It’s been weeks since I’ve seen one. Also, it’s surprising how often my opponent will have a really bad start but then come charging back at me at the end, with their destructometer filling a lot quicker than mine. Botsville or what.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

This is what’s been happening to me on streak 7 (500 feathers) all week. No way to do it without spending.

image2.jpg

Katydid
    @katydid

That is bad. My birds are not quite as high as yours but I get matched to the same levels but at least mine haven’t had one of each spell to contend with. That is when it does freeze up and crash my game on level 6.

Roa
    @rakananiah

A warm hello to you all,

I just want to give you infos about the replies from rovio, which were send to me regarding my mail ( it’s on page 75 ) in the forum.

First reply:
    Paweł, Sep 12, 16:19 EEST

Hi there,

and thanks for contacting us.

Sorry to hear that the game is causing trouble. We actually tweaked the arena already during the weekend, have you noticed any improvements in the matchmaking since? If not, could you please get back to us with screenshots of some of your most recent matches so that I can forward the to the developers to look at?

My apologies for the inconvenience, looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

I answered:
    Hi Pawel, sorry for the delay but i have been for holidays without any mobile (my wife asked me for and i had to follow her wish).
    So, in your answer you gave me some facts which i already noticed. But i’m missing some answers regarding my thoughts concerning hacking and cheating, which happens every time adter you made an update.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Second reply:
    Hi there,

and thanks for getting back to us.

Thank you for your feedback! Please update the game to version 1.5.2. The developers implemented new tools to block the cheaters. Hopefully it will improve gaming experience and block most of them.

Best regards,

Now they confused me a bit, because my version i could find out is 2.9.(0) or am i wrong?

Katydid
    @katydid

No you are correct. Mine says the same: 2.9.0 (3504)

Penz
    @penz

Ah well, already facing Level 17 birds in they arena, they managed to level up mighty quick?

David Martin
    @david-martin

Ah well, already facing Level 17 birds in they arena, they managed to level up mighty quick?

We seem to get that question each time a new bird level is introduced. You can continue to amass feathers for your birds once they’re at the highest level available. So if you had amassed more than 3,500 (which I think is the amount needed to level up from 16 to 17) after arriving at level 16, any bird with that many feathers would automatically level up as soon as you downloaded the update that included level 17. I’d imagine some folks have been collecting tons of feathers for quite some time due to always winning at the Arena, so they may have thousands of feathers on top of the highest bird level available by now, thus they always level up instantaneously when a new update is released.

Penz
    @penz

Ah ok did not know that, that’s fair enough then.

Crash
    @gdog1208

Improvements? 2 weekends ago was an improvement. Facing birds 5 levels higher is not an improvement. Maybe improvement means total disaster in Whatever 3rd world country these folks decide to program out of their trunk in.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

David is correct, it is all about the winning streak to bank feathers. Once the birds are at the highest level available the chests no longer give feathers (well the ones in the new levels do). The free chest only gives spells and gems after that, the chests in the streak only give spells. I have piles of feathers banked and my birds would level up again if the next level was available today. Even though I haven’t been playing much this week I still work on staying with the winning streak for the feathers.

Odd things happening in the arena today. That issue Mr. Hank spoke of recently nearly got me, 13th place suddenly went from being over 100 points behind to being just ten points behind. That lit a fire under my backside this afternoon.

I just checked and the person that was in 1st place with almost 2,000 points is suddenly in 14th with just one point. That bumped me up to 11th, so I guess I can slow down again without worrying about getting demoted from Diamond League.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Something did change today, Crash. Suddenly my opponents have lower star count and lower level birds, and they are wiping the floor with me. Sometimes they come away with triple my score. Maybe it will settle down again like it did after the last major update?

David Martin
    @david-martin

@captsternn – I haven’t had that same experience with the feathers. I have several birds at level 16 (which was the highest level before today’s update), and I was still receiving feathers for those birds from treasure chests and from the Arena. The main difference I’ve seen is that where the DC used to guarantee 100 feathers as the first reward for the bird named in the challenge title (e.g. “Blues’ Brawl”, “Terence’s Trial”), I now see a treasure chest as the first reward, meaning I get 2 treasure chests for completing a challenge. So far I’ve noticed that they almost always contain feathers, but I haven’t checked to see whether the feathers from the chest match the bird named in the challenge. Long story short, having a bird at the top level doesn’t seem to significantly reduce my likelihood of getting more feathers for that bird.

cognitive
    @cognitive

@psygaz, I have not seen an opponent using spells AT ALL since the bird day upgrade… Strange. Does anyone else see opponents with spells?

Flight Wingman in case you run into me… level 90 or something, 14-16 level birds.

kelshe
    @kelshe

@david-martin

I never get feathers except in the arena where they are banked until the next update. In the DC I get only spells which I really don’t need. I just play the DC for the gems and don’t even bother with the KPC. It would just give me more gems.

Anonymous

Is it just me or has Angry Birds 2 become repetitive (for lack of a better term)?

I mean it feels like Rovio are putting bugger all effort into the game, the levels, etc…..and now the arena and more importantly the standard levels are just the same thing over and over again.

I mean none of the new levels feel new, they just feel like regenerated trash. Put some effort into your games Rovio, the original angry birds were great as all of the releases added a complete new look, and some might say feel to the game where AB2 is just the same levels over and over again :/

Jon S
    @jon3800

@chucky-2

Regretfully AB2 has become repetitive to the point it’s becoming predictable and boring. Sure you can argue they added Beam pig, which honestly adds very little excitement, but Rovio has NOT put any effort in their level design since they released Gravity Grove (which is in the 500-540), and now we’re at level 780 so for.

Everytime I see AB2’s constant updates every 2 weeks, it’s the same tired levels over and over again. I made this in the suggestion thread, but I’d rather see 20 unique levels than to see a 40 level chapter pack a month with the same gimmicks. It’s not new anymore. You’re right. The original AB, and seasons is what sets it apart. One of my favourites. I can imagine when Copacabacon chapter releases, it will just be another rehash of Pig Bay levels. Rovio thinks, “hey guys, you haven’t seen for them 300 levels, so let’s add them back in and name them something new so people playing won’t notice it :-) ” I’m paying attention, very close attention. Same goes for the arena. I once had to play the same rooms in the arena 3-4 times in a row. Talk about repetition.

Another game that suffers the same thing is Angry Birds POP. They claim that their Hamlock holmes pack is new, and here I go and play them them and at least 35 of the 40 levels in the pack are EXACT same levels I’ve seen 100-400 levels ago, 2 of which are impossible to 3-star. I might compile a list and send it to them.

I’ve never seen these 2 games severely gone downhill because of the constant updates. Rovio missed a lot of opportunities..they could have updated AB Star Wars for the star wars movie back last December, AB Rio for the Olympics in Rio (well we got Gravity Grove 2.0 and Pig Bay 2.0 instead) or add another chapter for AB Space… Oh well :(

Krakham
    @krakham

There is something that I noticed about selecting spells and not slecting them. This started about a week and and a half ago. I didn’t really pay attention at first but after about 10 battles I started noticing it. I have a ton of spells saved up and had right many arena tickets. So I tried something.

I entered 20 battles with 1 spell selected each.

I entered 20 battles with no spells selected.

Of the 20 battles with selecting 1 spell each, the opponents were ridiculously easy to beat. It seemed every bird inflicted tons of damage. Of the 20 selected spells, I only needed to use 2 to win 2 battles. I won 18 battles easily without using a spell. I usually beat the opponent by 1million+ points.

Of the 20 battles selecting no spells, the opponents were very, very hard. Birds seemed to inflict less damage than usual. Terrance couldn’t even bust through single wooden blocks at times. Pigs would land in positions that it was almost impossible to get to. Pigs would not pop easily. And your bird selection sucked. A bird you needed was hardly ever in the line up at any particular moment. And it seemed that you got less points. Here’s what I mean by that. I used black bomb bird on a particular structure when I was using 1 spell per battle. I blew the structure up and got like 525,???+ points. Thankfully I got the exact same structure while NOT using spells, blew it up with black bomb bird and only got 175,???. So I got over 400,000 less points using the exact same bird on the exact same structure but the only difference was I was using spells on one battle and not on another. Of the 20 battles not using spells, I lost 13 battles.

So, to me, it seems that if you select a spell for a battle, for whatever reason whether you use the spell or not, the battle is very easy. If you battle and not select a spell, it’s very hard and physics isn’t the same.

Penz
    @penz

@cognitive, same here, can’t remember the last time I faced ‘someone’ who had spells.

And you are right guys, it is very repetitive, they just keep regurgitating the same rooms and levels over and over.

Roa
    @rakananiah

This is my latest mail:

Hi there,

Really? You tell me to update on version 1.5.2 ? Just to remind you, i’m playing version 2.9.(0) on an iPad Air 2 and not on a C 64 ( sorry, that might be before you were born ).
    Finally, i think that what you guys call “support” is just a delaying tactic and you might await, that customers (yes, that’s what we are at least) loose their patience and stop nit-picking.
    By the way, i attached a screenshot. You can see more or less, that in the lower left are three birds. Bluebird is available for me, the other two i couldn’t reach at all. Not to say, that i paid 60 gems for the three birds to beat my opponent, which i didn’t at least.

Best regards

P.S. I wonder, if you READ this mail or just write something that is not in any relate to my mail.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,951 through 1,975 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.