About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,926 through 1,950 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I don’t know the answer, David. Sometimes I play to try to place high, sometimes I just play out of boredom, and sometimes I experiment with the game. This week is an experiment, I will let you know if it makes a difference.

Of course I have to play the game, I am addicted to it. So to kill time between rounds I went all the way back to the very first level and started playing through them again. I am blowing my original scores out of the water. Where I might have had a score of 400K for a level I am now coming away with 7 million or so. Not that it gains me anything, just a way to play and pass the time and stay out of the arena. Even when I do play the arena and watch the video I am not using that extra ticket.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I’ve gone back and played through the early levels many times. I almost always blow my old scores out of the water, at least since they changed how the scoring worked. Obviously whenever you level up your birds, you’ll get better scores than before. Getting three stars has never been an issue since that change.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I was just 7 points from overtaking the 11th spot, now I am 14 points away. Grrr, my competitive nature has me desperate to play.

But I have started using spells in the old levels, experimenting with them and learning better how to use them. That could help me with the DC and the KPC. I still will not use them in the arena. I am still a purist when it comes to that. And I am getting more practice, especially against the boss pigs.

But that is just me since the opponents no longer have spells. I have nothing against anybody that does use them in the arena, if anybody cares in the least about my opinion on such matters. Rovio has made some very good improvements with the arena in my opinion.

Crash
    @gdog1208

What the heck? Since when does a 41 star player with level 8 and 9 birds match up with a level 77 player with level 15 birds ? That was my last arena battle. Had no chance from the start. If this is how arena is going to be, no point playing anymore. I can’t level slingshot as that buys me nothing. Can’t level birds when I have to play level infinity players. Game over rovio. I guess i am done here.

Nevermind
    @deaftalk

To all those that are apart of this community, if you need help with the game, friend and pm me. I don’t want to make info available with a simple google search. I would rather help out those that are members and contribute to this community, so that’s why I choose to keep it private.

Katydid
    @katydid

Crash:
    I am faced with the same problem. I can bet the player will be out of my league on level 3,5,6,and 7 before the fight even starts. Feels as tho it has quickly become a game for elite players only. Those of us who played fun are no longer needed.
    Katy

Crash
    @gdog1208

Something changed this week. I use to play higher level players on 3,5,6,7 but I had a chance at least as they were same level and birds were only 2 or 3 levels higher. This was ridiculous. How the heck am I suppose to level birds now ? I guess you either have to be a cheat or one of the 1st few to download. I guess I was a yr Late to start.

Katydid
    @katydid

Deaf talk:
    That is nice of you to offer your help. I would be happy to hear any hints you have.

Crash
    @gdog1208

Am playing lvl 66s for 30 feathers. … Nice

Jon S
    @jon3800

@gdog1208

Hi Crash, the matching algorithm should theoretically be matching you with equal or NEAR equal opponents with the same sling shot, star rank. All that should differ is the bird levels and the hat wear. If you are facing anything but that, I would contact Rovio immediately because that’s really unfair if you’re getting matched with different sling shot and birds that are 4-5 higher than you.

Pay no attention to the star ranks when you’re in the arena. All the star rank is a bragging number of much you played in the arena. A person with a level 70 means he/she played arena more than a person did with a star rank of 45. During this past 2 weeks, I moved up from rank 73 to 81…my birds were no different in strength and in power between the ranks and my birds remained at master bronze. I can have just a hard time beating a person that’s level 20 than someone with a level 90. Scoring matters (that is sling shots, hats and bird levels)

True, most of my level up birds occured back from playing the game under it’s former name a year and a half ago, but If I were to give you advice to level up your birds relatively quick…I suggest doing the following

1) Be sure to collect your daily feathers in the arena. Even if you don’t win 1 round…every day it accumulates by 1. So far, I can pick up 90 feathers.

2) Beating the main levels and getting the chests after beating hard and boss levels. Most of how I got into where I am now (master bronze 16) is completing the 760 levels they have. Each chest contains about 30 feathers.

3) Try your best to complete the daily challenges and if you’re daring the King Pig Panic challenge. Beating the Daily challenge guarantees you 100 feathers to whomever bird is hosting the challenge. It also gives a premium chest ( a chance to win feathers that ranges from 100-250 at random), 2 spells and pearls needed to get those hats. King Pig Challenges awards you with 2 premium chests, but its a lot more work, and 99% of time gems will have to be spent, so it may not always be worth it. King Pig Challenges are relentlessly hard going through 5 rounds with a 5/6 room boss level.

4) Hoard enough gems to open one premium chest or accumulate 1600 to open the 25 chests. You can hoard gems by completing the daily tasks (arena, pop 30 pigs, send a facebook gift and the first 2 levels in the DC) or if you have FB friends, they can send you gifts.

5) Have you bought the prince pack (red with a crown, gold border in the arena)? If you haven’t, it’s good to have since you can open regular chests every 15 minutes (10-50 feathers possible) and you can claim 50% more feathers.

5) You can strengthen your chances of winning by bringing in spells in the arena. I’m sure you know from previous pages of this thread, there’s a well known glitch that replenishes spells used ONLY in the arena if you force quit the app after a match. That’s one way of getting through the streaks much easier. It may be cheating to some, but I’d rather do that than hacking the game for unlimited gems and pearls, so why not. People in the tournament are taking full advantage of that. That’s why getting first place is so tough.

Mike514
    @mike514

I’m with @katydid on this one. I’m announcing my retirement from AB2 altogether.

The arena is increasingly unfair after getting a win streak of about 3. This morning, I was matched with a player at star level 54 and birds at level 10-11. I’m at star level 34 and birds at levels 5 to 7. Clearly this is a ploy to get us to pay Rovio to buy gems and keep playing. I refuse to play that kind of game. The winner of the arena is increasingly the one who’s willing to shell out $$$ to Rovio to buy gems and increase their chances of winning. Getting a win streak beyond 3 has become impossible with these kinds of match ups. And now I have to wait 3 hours to re-enter the arena, unless I pay to play?? I don’t think so.

I have had many issues with this game but this is my biggest beef.

So long Rovio; I will never again play your games.

HaoleDave
    @haoledave

@chucky-2

So, just to update. Rovio did end up giving me back my pearls and gems and linked them to my Facebook. Just needed to uninstall and reinstall after they updated. And I can confirm they are indeed linked to FB. Things mess up if you get rewards without logging into FB of you notice you don’t have the same amount of gems/pearls (like from an uninstall).

Psygaz
    @psygaz

@mike514
    I have noticed something since yesterday. When I reach streak 7, ALL my opponent’s birds are level 16. With me being 12-14 this is clearly unfair and is designed to make me spend gems to win the streak. I’m just going to play streaks 1-4 for the time being.

Anonymous

Yeah I found out I was wrong about that last week @haoledave :)

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

1) Funny thing this week: Last week in my Amethyst league one of the ‘winners’ who skyrocketed to first place (and won with something like 2100 stars) was named “Smash Buttstomp” and was using the icon with the yellow bird at the steering wheel (like its driving a race car). Technically after winning shouldn’t he/she have gone into Diamond League?

I remained in Amethyst league because I didn’t get enough stars to advance, and this week I have another “Smash Buttstomp” with the same icon and stats, miraculously leading the path again with 777 stars so far. I can’t help but feel somewhat suspicious.

2) I vowed to play all the maximum games based on the 3 hr rotation/ Arena participation without using tickets this week. I am slated for demotion so far (in the bottom 3). Deduction: unless you play MORE than your allotment (eg use up all tickets, buy more tickets, cheat etc) you will not be able to make the minimum requirement for retention in your league and will be demoted. Nice way to extort your player base.

As a matter of fact, I would have to get over 200 stars at this point JUST TO STAY IN THIS LEAGUE. So it looks like I’m going down another league this week because I’d rather spend my free time doing something worthwhile. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: THIS GAME is NOTHING but an instrument to get you to spend your money for virtual gems to compete against something you may or may not even be able to fairly challenge.

What a POS.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@angryplayer My usual strategy ever since the last 2 updates. Play causal. If I can stay within top 5 by Monday then I will try to stay there. If I am way down enough then I might as well get into the bottom 3 so I can get demoted. Essentially I am playing for the feathers in the winning streaks. I may use spells if the feathers (100 or 500) is in a bird that can go to the next level quickly, otherwise I will push my luck.

Prior to 2 updates (or is it 3? ) the leaderboard shuffles mid week on can put you back into competition against people of your level. I have not seen the leaderboard shuffles for a while now. Until that comes back there is no point to fight really against those who lead you by 200 stars. I have around 30 tickets collected, it will be impossible without spells / gems spamming to get 300 stars (30 wins of 10 stars) out of them. Getting 200 stars with 30 tickets will be good these days.

Why can’t Rovio get more regular levels out faster? Just get all the old AB levels from the series and throw them here.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I don’t know about that, Angry. I am playing just once every three hours, not using the ticket from the video and not using tickets I win from the streak. I am currently 12th, which is where I plan to stay. I could be in 10th easily. Anything above that would require me to use more tickets than I get through regular play.

I guess it depends on the luck of the draw as to what people we are grouped with. 13th has a whopping 33 points, the last two players have 0 points. 1st has almost 1,000 points already.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

These days many of us are playing the arena for the few extra gems from the “Daily Quests” only. 10 for playing the arena and 10 for collecting 10 stars. Some of us have ran out of regular levels already days ago.

IMO for arena, if you cannot get into top 5 at the higher leagues then there is little point to play as Daily Challenges and Daily Quests can get you more gems and black pearls. I am just hoping the lower leagues will mean closer competitions.

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

@captsternn you’re probably right, I think I’m just grouped with super aggressive players who want that cut of the black pearls. I’m currently 3rd from the bottom and to pass the next person above me (eg get out of the black zone) I would need another 200 stars… (I’m at 188 so far this week) which will change by tomorrow I’m sure. Plus I don’t feel like playing the Arena for another 5 hours just to get myself in a position where I can maintain the league status. I just don’t care to be in Diamond where if I’m not playing 24 hrs per day I’ll end up last.

Again, just losing interest in the entire thing, it’s rather tedious and not very fun.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

There needs to be 2 things (at least) to make the arena play worthwhile again:

1) Bring back Leaderboard shuffles that used to be there couple months ago. That way the players will be grouped with others of similar star count after mid week. Everybody in the league will feel they have a decent chance to get up there.

2) Increase the rewards for Gems and Black Pearls for ranks below top 3. Give reasonable reward for anyone not in the bottom 3 demotion ranks. Players need to know they can get reasonably more than the every day rewards we are getting anyway for those regular players. Discrepancies of rewards between the leagues should be less.

Penz
    @penz

Is it really worth buying the 25 chests? I have plenty of spare gems at the moment and I’m mainly focusing on levelling my birds up, they are all 13 or 14. What can I expect? If it’s all feathers and spells I’ll go for it.

snappy
    @snap

@penz
    If you frequently complete the 7-streaks, dont bother with chests. The gems are worth more as backups to complete the KPC. For those who play occasionally, it is not a bad idea as the dailies will help to recover the gems fairly quickly.

Crash
    @gdog1208

I win the daily challenge 3-5 times a week and had roughly an 85% win percetage in arena. That all changed 2 days ago. I have 5 lvl 9 birds and two lvl eights. Playing against 13s 14s and 15s for 1st chest. Yesterday I played a lvl 14 for 30 feathers. What a joke. Guess I’ll be star lvl 99 with lvl 9 birds.

Penz
    @penz

I tend to complete the 7 streaks 2-4 times a day, depending on which bird I’m trying to level up. I won’t bother then, thanks for the heads up.

Crash
    @gdog1208

I used to do the same. No longer. Can’t even make it past 1st chest. Good news is that I am so far behind, there is no reason to watch videos. I always thought socio got paid per video and thats why they kept the arena games close. Guess I was wrong as no videos will be watched under current system.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,926 through 1,950 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.