About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,551 through 1,575 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

Well as I have been chiming in lately, all of these are far too familiar. I have been playing this game for a year, and notice every one of these changes as soon as they happen, one thing after another.

I am seeing a LOT more birds achieving 0 points now… either because they drop dead, fly off in random paths, and hit something and not one thing happens (just happened a few minutes ago when I threw Chuck at a wooden structure and he hit it and just fell dead = 0 points). My opponents never seem to get 0 point scoring throws.

@heybert17

Has anyone else noticed, that not only do the structures collapse with actually disintegrating or falling into other structures anymore, but even if you have the projected path of your bird lined up perfect to get over the debris many times they will still graze the top and be knocked off their path ruining your shot.

Well aside from the building materials being able to explode like fireworks in the sky instead of hitting something else and knocking it over, this must mean that air is stronger than building materials which is stronger than birds. So air strength > bird strength… sounds legit (NOT).

But I had this trajectory issue last night, I threw 3 birds away (failing the streak 7 win, surprise surprise) because their dotted paths SAID it would clear the structure I was trying to get them over, but all three times they struck something invisible and dropped to the ground. It was as if there was an invisible wrench-throwing pig there. Never saw that before until a few days ago.

Factor in the path not working when using the trampolines. I’ve lost count as to how many times I’ve aimed my birds just right, and when they hit the trampoline they bounce off in some chaotic angle, only to fly directly into a hole and hit absolutely nothing (this goes for the portal screens too… even though my dotted line SAYS the bird should hit the structure in the right place, once they pass through the portal they drop straight down out of the opening as if something hidden inside stopped them and just unceremoniously dumped them out(). I think Rovio is trying to add too many cheap gimmicks to screw over the players and now all their tricks are starting to conflict with one another.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

@heybert17 It’s just happened to me a second time. Waited three hours for that.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Re: Stolen Feathers

Hi.
    Heard from Rovio support, and Aleksander suggested a reset of the device.
    Did that, nothing was returned.
    Please keep in mind the the biggest issue is NOT with our devices, it is with Rovio!

@hank
    , please address this issue and have the problem fixed.
    My feathers should be returned as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards.

kelshe
    @kelshe

@kedik22 I don’t think you’ll get your feathers back. Rovio support told me that they couldn’t restore lost feathers. That’s why they gave me a few gems. Hope you get them back but don’t hold your breath . ?

Katydid
    @katydid

Once they send you a few gems no matter what happens their response will be we sent you a gems already. I sent in a ticket because on a duck spell there was sound but not ducks. Rovio sent a few gems to buy spells.

I have a glitch where I fire off a bird but the next bird jumps into the slingshot before the one I shot has a chance to leave it. So it knocks the bird straight down.

My game also crashes in the arena every few weeks. Rovio just says we sent you a few gems awhile back. There is never anything wrong wit the game it’s me or my iPad!

heybert17
    @heybert17

Well my assessment after last week appears to be correct. I can no longer compete in he Arena. And I don’t play for a week for 5 gems.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Okay, this is stupid. I just got Blue as my video bird for the last time, I just lost because of a micro pig for the last time. I just had a structure fall and completely miss the structure next to it for the last time.

I am deleting the app and moving on. I would like t say it has been fun, but really it hasn’t. Have fun, enjoy, I am out of here. Better things to do, like staring blankly at the wall.

Katydid
    @katydid

I totally understand your frustration I am not far behind you. I’m sick and tired of all the crap in the arena, and Rovio controlling who is going to win. I have a lot of saved up gems when they are gone so am I.

kelshe
    @kelshe

Last week I was bumped from second place to fourth with 20 seconds left in the tournament. This week I am bumped from 2nd to 4th and the player pushing everyone down is beating me by 700 points. How can someone who was far down leap that far ahead. Over a thousand point swing in a few minutes. Don’t really give a rat’s ass what Rovio has said about this kind of occurrence, swings this big are more than suspect. Finished with the arena. Have fun everyone.

Max
    @peany

Whatever Rovio is doing for cheaters I say well done. Just saw the guy in 2nd place in my arena drop down to 1 point with 44 minutes left in the tournament. he was the 2nd to drop to 1 point in my arena this week.

kelshe
    @kelshe

@peany That cheater will just come back as another name and cheat his way back to the top again. And again.

Katydid
    @katydid

I thought I had had Rovio move me to a a new group several times. I would go from 2nd or 3rd to 7th or lower. Maybe the cheaters just moved to the top places. I never have bothered to look at the players behind me. Guess I should start checking out everyone.

MG516
    @mg516

Swoosh is in my arena league this week. I am usually able to hold my own, but when he/she gathered over 600 points in 5 hours last night, I knew it was time to hang it up for the week. I unlike many posters in this forum, am still enjoying playing the Arena, I just wish the daily challenge wasn’t such a “challenge”.

Max
    @peany

@Kelshe I write down their level and their trophy record to keep an eye on them. But I get your point.

Max
    @peany

@Kelshe I write down their level and their trophy record to keep an eye on them. But I get your point.

@Katydid
    … I write down who is in my arena each week and I write their level and trophy record … in case of name change and then I keep an eye on it.

KLM13
    @klm13

I stopped playing the Arena in earnest a week or so ago. I only play enough to keep from being demoted while waiting on Rovio to get its act together. The person in first place flew to the top from nowhere roughly mid-week and makes large advances every day. Up to that point, they were not even in the 15 listed in the league. What I don’t understand is that the names I am playing against have a Star Rank 10 points higher than I, and Gold Slings. (I have Silver). They can’t really be surprised people are leaving in droves, can they?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Once again logged in with arena open when time expired. Took about a minute to get my rewards. 4th place, no way I will compete with those at the top. Right now in 1st, already have 23 points. All others probably not logged in yet, all at 0 points. Will see how long this lasts.

Not that it really matters. Finally spent the $10 for the scepter and cape so I get little chest every 15 minutes. I am getting gems and spells galore. Saving up on the pearls. Winning the arena no longer has the magic it once did because I get so much during the week. Well, when I can beat the daily challenge, which is about half the time.

Anonymous

You are just one of the lucky ones CaptSternn, it has nil to do with being logged into the arena because for another week I did exactly that, and all I got was automatically logged out with tournament ended…..and an hour later I still have no access.

Max
    @peany

Then again … these players who go up the board in chunks and then get demoted to 1 pt… perhaps they are Rovio bots.

Katydid
    @katydid

Thanks. I will have do that from now on.

ADBjester
    @adbjester

@kelshe If they come back as another name, they are starting with Vanilla birds, and it will take MONTHS before they are competitive again…. even if cheating.

@katydid
    The people aren’t changing. They are changing their screen names (Birdy McBirdface becomes Swoosh Pigsty), and sometimes their icons.

@chucky-2 I managed to be in the arena watching the countdown tonight (entering about 4 minutes to go), and got my rewards almost instantly. I was able to begin play in the new week immediately, with only minor delays hunting for opponents. Almost 3 hours later, I’m up to 110 stars. Nobody else has a single star yet.

@captsternn
    The pearls are now the most valuable commodity in the game (taking that position away from feathers). They are the only thing that can upgrade your slingshot, and thus increase all 7 bird multipliers at once. Thus, winning the Arena to get a full 300 pearls (on top of the 210 you can win in daily challenges) is crucial. You can’t get pearls any other way.

@KLM13
    It doesn’t matter whether your opponents are same level-up as you. Your matches are NOT against the other 14 players in your arena. Your matches are chosen to ALL be against those of exactly the same level-up as you (watch and see)… with the variance being in base card levels:

Streak of 0: You will be stronger by about 7-8 total base multipliers
    Streak of 1: You will be stronger by about 4-5 total base multipliers
    Streak of 2: You will be WEAKER by about 13-14 total base multipliers
    Streak of 3 or more: You will be WEAKER by between 1-14 total base multipliers

This is why pearls are so important, and why having a guy who’s level 85 vs. your 71 doesn’t matter. As level 71, every player you play will also be level 71. (The moment you level up to 72, you’ll start facing level 72 opponents immediately). You and that level 85 guy in your weekly arena list BOTH face opponents roughly the same relative to YOURSELVES… BEFORE hats and slings. Any advantage you get from hats and slings makes the difference.

Thus, on level 3, you start down by about 14…. (and so does the level 85 guy in his matches)…. but if your opponent has a bronze sling, and you have a gold one, your gold one (adding +3 to each of 7 birds for 21 total) is 14 multipliers stronger than his bronze one (adding +1 to each bird for a total increase of only 7). He’ll also have fewer hat multipliers, making it more likely to be an even match.

However, if you’ve not gone all out and gotten pearls and a gold sling (which adds up to +35 multipliers in the end — 21 for the sling, and 14 for the hats), then level 3 will be damned near impossible without spells.

Note that 500 pearls for a 3x hat isn’t wise at this time, since @hank has said here that other hat sets *may* be released that are cheaper. Now that I have my gold sling, I’m hoarding pearls (over 700 now) in the hopes that a lower-priced set will be released in the next upgrade.

Jester

ADBjester
    @adbjester

One last thing to all those who think Rovio is “rigging the game” or changing the difficulty. They aren’t. It is a PHYSICS game, which is why it fascinates me. It is harder some weeks because of which levels and structures are used, nothing more.

Each bird has exactly the same effect week to week as it did. Terrence doesn’t get weaker, blues don’t get more frequent as rewards, etc. You just have to learn your birds, and devise the proper strategy.

As to scoring (why am I giving away all my secrets? You’ll all just use this to beat me!)… your goal should not be to get all the pigs. Your goal should be TOTAL DESTRUCTION of every stone, plank, bubble and block. Points don’t come from killing pigs. Points come from decimation of the level, leaving it barren.

I generally win each arena level by a couple million points (often more), because I’m focusing more on the structures as opposed to the pigs. If you destroy the entire structure, the pigs are going to die with it…. and as you rack up those million-point rooms, you get way more extra birds, which make defeating an opponent far easier.

If you look carefully, rooms have the same structures in different arrangements. There are maybe 50 core structures, and a room may be “structure 42 next to structure 31”, etc… If you devise ways to ensure a structure not just falls over, but collapses or leaves the room entirely, it won’t matter what ROOM you get — you’ll focus on the structures *in* the room, and know which birds to use to get them.

When you get really good at knowing how to combine a bird into taking out two different structures (i.e. Matilda dropping her egg on an angled trampoline, so that the egg destroys one structure, while she flies up to knock over another, or learning that aiming for the BASE of fragile towers so that they fall to knock over other things), that’s when you’ll start to destroy the Arena.

Jester

Katydid
    @katydid

If they aren’t rigging the game why is it that every level 3 in the arena I can plan on loosing no matter who well I play! Because Rovio matches me against people with 10s $ 11 birds while I only have just earned my last two 8s. Even if I match them shot to shot they will win.

How does my opponent have two Terences, or two bombs or two of any birds in row when we have only played the first level?

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mg516

I agree with you 100%. I placed 5th and top 4 players had well over 1500 stars. The past 2 weeks, people are competing heavily. Oh those DC’s are something all right. They’re one of the reason for my slowing greying hair LOL. I dread every time I see a 6-room in a boss level…more than half the time I have to spend gems to try to down the boss. Instead of the boss is tough, be smart… “it should be the level is tough, pay up”. I love the spell rewards, since I use them in the arena…but I find being awarded only 30 pearls is particularly stingy for having to make it through a tough level 3

@adbjester
    Not particularly true as The Daily Challenges are another place you can get pearls if you can manage to clear a 6-room boss level. They will award you only 30 which is minimal considering how much work has to be done. So you CAN technically get 510 pearls per week if you placed first in the arena and win 7 DC’s. I’d like to know how to horde tickets, I have to keep spending 3 at a time. I play on my Ipad/Iphone interchangeably and sync the data so I can a couple of stars quite easily, but no where near enough to place the top 3

Anonymous

@adbjester glad you got into the arena quickly, but I can guarantee that sitting in the arena multiple minutes before the end of tournament waiting for the new tournament was not the reason you got access quickly…..If it was, surely that would mean it would work for everyone? Yet I have sat exactly the same waiting for the tournament to end, and the moment it does it will either log me back to the map, or it will wait for me to try another match when then it logs me back to the main map.

I also found it funny, after waiting 2 hours to gain access to the arena, as soon as I got in I notice I have 2 players already at 1 point for the new week…..Jose (who was booted to 1 point last week) was sitting at 1, and also Misty Baconbuster was also sitting at 1 point.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,551 through 1,575 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.