About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,176 through 1,200 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • bossywings
    @bossywings

Well I´m talking about double birds that show up in the 3 you can see. As an exampel: I´ve had players who had silver, mathilda and silver. That´s not right: so that´s why I´m asking if it´s a bug och a cheat?

Thanx

David Martin
    @david-martin

Right, but you don’t see what the player saw. You just see the exact order in which they used their birds. You’ve probably used Silver, Matilda, and Silver in that order before, but didn’t see the two Silvers in your deck at the same time.

bossywings
    @bossywings

Yes but isn´t the game rigged as such that you can only have 1 bird/type at once? You can have red, chuck, blue, bomb, silver, mathilda and terrence. Not red, red, blue, bomb, silver, mathilda and terrence. Thats what I´m curious about. So now I´m wondering if it´s a bug or a cheat. I´m curious since so many of my opponents have had this type in their line-up from the start.

Thanx

David Martin
    @david-martin

As far as I know, it’s only rigged so that you won’t have the same bird twice in the three cards you can see face-up. You might have a duplicate farther down in the deck, or receive a duplicate of a bird you just used. For this to work, the game must somehow reorder the cards you can’t see from time to time, but that’s just an educated guess.

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

So I figure I’m owed 3 Sardine Cans, 3 Hot Peppers and 2 of whatever the Green thing is. Oh, yeah, and the gems I wasted having to “Play On” when I should have been able to use the last of the Sardine cans for a Game 7 in a steak for 500 Red feathers. Had the Sardune Can not disappeared I’d easily have won. What burned me even more, the last can showed up again, available to be used in a regular level, then disappeared again two levels later for one designated as a “Hard Level” – in the 470’s.

I can see earning Pearls in the weekly League competition will be impossible if the standard top place is 1000 and the people getting even the lowest number are already over 509 with two days to go. At this point, the only thing that would actually make me happy would be – Give me for free enough gems, pearls, spells and tickets to play HARD and UNLIMITED by budget for a solid month to see whether money makes this world go round or not. If I’m proven wrong, I’ll shut up and sing your praises to anyone who’ll listen. Don’t worry, though…I don’t see any of this happening. Going to devote more time to the TNT Beta. @hank

heybert17
    @heybert17

My issue was that the player I was against had 2 blues in their first 3 birds, meaning they used 2 blues in their first 3 flings. This level does not have many areas in which blue is useful, I got mostly blue, matilda and silver and got nowhere in the level, and I am pretty good. My opponent used those birds to get a pretty good score, even though he shouldn’t have been able to unless his aim was more than perfect on every shot, and in that case he would have won by a lot more. I had higher ranking birds so just a decent round by me should have given me the win.

David Martin
    @david-martin

OK yeah, that does sound like a hack. Not that someone would intentionally hack it to get multiple Blues in an area where they obviously won’t perform well. If someone’s found a way to upload spoofed Arena performances to the AB2 server, then their score compared to the likelihood of such a performance being possible within that specific Arena is a good first clue that something shady is going on. Birds in that same order could legitimately happen, but they likely wouldn’t score that high.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I seem to have the opposite problem with spells – on a regular basis and for quite a while now, there’s a good chance spells used in Arena are not deducted from my stash. I kid you not.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

I am getting fed up with my spells that I have been awarded disappearing just as fast before I can use them. Please, Rovio, find a fix!

cognitive
    @cognitive

A few weeks ago I was at level 50, birds in the 7’s and 6’s. I couldn’t BUY a match win. So I conserved resources and saved up tickets. Then the last update came. Since then I’ve won maybe 6 streaks and upgraded a couple birds to 9, and everyone else at 8. Plus my sling.

I’m a LOT harder to deal with now, much to the surprise of my league guys. I put in about 200+ points today, lots of 8’s and 9’s. Not quite in the same league as some of the better players, but enough to spoil one’s day.

Now, here’s the problem. Most players I play at streak 3-7 are awful. Like, dude, how can you have all birds at 10 or 11 and still not score more than 2-3 million points in a match? So, obviously those guys are spending real money, but they’re not putting it to good use.

Also, I have yet to see a single explosive box in the new Arena… Just sayin’…

heybert17
    @heybert17

It’s not like the explosive boxes were all that explosive lately, I have hit many directly without them going off.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Week from update. As i said earlier, i reinstalled the game (logging in issue) and started again from zero. So i did little bit statistics. Here it is

Stars collected (in arena battles): 604
    Stars total: 994
    Star rank reached: 20
    Tournament wins: 1
    winning streak #7 wins: 11
    Used spells in arena battles: Twice (winning streak #7; just in case)
    Used gems for continuing the battle: 1x
    Birds:
    Red: level 5
    Chuck: level 5
    Blues: level 3
    Bomb: level 5
    Silver: level 4
    Matilda: level 4
    Terence: level 5
    Seen overupgraded low star rank opponents: none
    Summary: At least for now it has been fair game for me. The fun is back.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

In contrast to your experience, virtually every match I’ve had in the past 36 hours has been against an opponent with a much higher star rank, and birds at higher levels than mine, or in a few cases, at a slightly lower rank, but with all their spells, making the matches unwinnable for me even with perfect execution. I was in first place in my diamond league, but the person who just overtook me has accumulated such a large number of points in the last 36 hours that he/she would have to be spending some major money to accomplish that. Since I have never spent any money on the game to buy gems, etc., I’m guessing that there is an algorithm that is now designed to penalize someone like me who spends no money on the game, but is designed to benefit and encourage those who do spend money on the game. There is no possible way that it could be coincidence I could be given some 30 or more matches in a row in the last 2 days where I am significantly out-matched at the outset. This is neither fair nor fun. I guess Rovio needs to make money from this game, but after the Arena contest ends tomorrow, I’m done with it until and unless fairness returns to the game and/or Rovio becomes transparent about its agenda.

Fox Knoxx
    @fox-knoxx

Angry Beaver

Since i started again from level 1. (from diamond to zero) a 1,5 months ago, i reached star level 27, birds level ( with hats, and crowns) 7-9, turnaments wins 3, leading this week golden league (win Nr.4), winning almost Every battle in arena with 8-10 stars(lost maybe 3 by my mistakes), i used few spells mostly for 7th strike( for any case) and reached game level 207.My opponents are mostly rookies and i have a hudge advantage with my experiences and skills.Yes, playing AB2 from that point is fun again.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I wasn’t paying attention to the talk on Spells since I rarely use them. But I just noticed that I had over 30 each of Duck, Ice and Pepper, now have less than 30 each, And I had a few Inflator Guns, I now have none. I have never taken an Inflator Gun into a level.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

Now I’m really ticked. I’ve had four matches since my last post. My birds are all 6’s and 7’s (with one 8). In three of the matches the opponents’ birds were all 8’s, 9’s and 10’s, and in one match, 10’s and 11’s. I executed well, but, of course, won none of them. What’s going on, Rovio?

kedik22
    @kedik22

@heybert17

Hi.

@hank
    said a fix was going to be released in a few days, they just needed to check out something with Apple.
    I guess they have not done so.

@hank
    , when will exactly this issue be fixed?
    People keep loosing things.
    Money and hard work are involved, so it is an important issue.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

Is it possible the matches in the Arena take into account slingshot upgrades, but have no ability to match for colour? As @hank mentioned earlier – having an azure slingshot is impossible at this point, so why would Arena matches even take the color of an upgraded slingshot into account.

Since the update, my winning percentage in the Arena must be 95%+ only very occasionally requiring the extra bird or a 60 gem extension. I have updated 5 of my birds with crowns, so my slingshot is still wooden. All my opponents in the Arena have wooden slingshots and bird levels from 10 to 13 (compared to my 6 11s and 1 12).

Do those of you with unfair matches have an upgraded slingshot?

Are those of you in my position (mostly easy wins in the Arena) still holding the wooden slingshot?

As I currently have no opponents un the Arena, does anyone see me (Facebook ID ABegger Too) in their Diamond league opponent list?

kedik22
    @kedik22

@abeggertoo

Hi.
    Apparently not in my league.
    How many stars have you got?

heybert17
    @heybert17

My league this week is mainly real name players, and for the first time in a couple weeks I am winning. But I can not recall the last time I faced a non cutesy bird name in the Arena.

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

@kedik22 I believe I have about 500 stars this week, but my Arena standings have been blank since Monday so have only played the free entries and have been banking all my earned tickets.

Blank Arena July 23.png

No reply from Rovio support since MondY, so I am hoping I will be reset into a group when the new tournament starts later today. I wonder if I will finish first, last, or not at all in this week’s tournament?

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

So it’s about 12 hours before the end of the tournament week. I have 442 stars, the most I’ve EVER obtained in a week, but am in 11th place. Almost demotion territory. To earn ANY pearls here, I’d need to win a minimum of another 100 stars. And that’s assuming mister 544 and everyone near him play nothing today. To earn first place, I would need to overtake the current score of 885. Ninth place is the lowest rank to earn 10 measly pearls. Considering how little they accomplish, why not make 25 the cut off but give them to everyone from 8th place down? Same for 3 gems? And while we are here – regarding the big treasure chest prize near the end of a streak…for the record two snowflake spells here is a slap in the face. 150+ feathers, 50 pearls, Sardine Cans (plural) – THESE are decent prizes.

kelshe
    @kelshe

At 1,034 stars you might think that I’m in first place. You would be very wrong. I’m in a very distant 3rd place. 2nd place has me by over 100 stars and 1st place by over 500. These 2 players are star and bird ranked significantly below me, so either they bought their way or… The 4th place player appears twice in my league for the second week in a row. Buster Piggums…if you see him in your league, you’ll probably see him taking up two spots on the board.

Mighty Screamer-ingame
    @simon-mosegaard

I have practically stopped playing the arena. Tired from the lousy matchmaking, never getting more than 2-3 wins in a row. So now – 6 hours – before the tournament ends, I am 14th with no hope of surviving.
    This pattern I followed the past weeks, trying so hard getting demoted, because, I hope, that I will get a more fair matchmaking in the lower leagues… But every single time I get demoted, I magically gets promototed to Diamond after a couple of hours… Sigh…

What to do… Am I missing something in how the leagues work?

Sorry for my bad english…

hamvestor
    @james-simon

@hank, I’d really appreciate you input. After having won 12 Arena weekly contests out of my first 13, and being well in the lead early in the 14th, suddenly something changed a few days ago, and for the last 36 matches or so, I have been matched up against opponents with significantly greater advantages (much higher ranked birds, star ratings, spells) in every match, making it virtually impossible to win. Clearly something in the algorithm changed, I suspect by design, but maybe as a result of a bug, that would cause me suddenly to lose 95% of my matches despite good execution. Since the number of matches was large enough that it was impossible to be a random result, I am mystified as to what would cause that. Could you possibly shed some light on the issue? Thanks much.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 1,176 through 1,200 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.