About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 901 through 925 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Like @dwhite40704 I also succumbed to the Arena after a period of abstinence… As already documented on this forum, I was not demoted from Diamond when I should have been, then discovered I was moved from the bottom of this week’s league ( zero stars as I wasn’t playing ) to a different set of players all with zero stars and I was top. Great, I thought, sit it out for 300 gems, no effort required. So when a couple of the other players scored a few points, dropping me to third, the competitive urge kicked in, so played two games and am now in the ridiculous situation of being 2nd with only 12 stars and just a day to go.
    You couldn’t make it up!

I do feel for the players here who are getting such a raw deal in their Arena matches and do not miss the irony of being second in my league when I can hardly be bothered and care even less.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Yesterday i was 10th in my league. Today i’m in different league and 3rd and very close to top. Before me is only 2 players with quite similar names and scores – Dash McCloud
    with 159 pts and Rush McCloud with 157. Strange.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I took a screen shot of the new rewards I was getting, but after the first time I did back out of a round it reverted to the normal reward line up. I had just won a battle, the first reward was a small chest.

rewards

Anonymous

Just got super lucky in the arena today:

I got to the 3rd battle of the win streak and, as usual, here comes an opponent that completely outclasses me ( level 7 birds and a spell, while I only have all level 6 :P).

Believe it or not, his 1st bird got completely wasted and gave a score of 0. His 2nd bird only gave around 74k. After that, he started doing better and caught up, but in the end he couldn’t make up for the loss of points.

I ended up winning with around 3.4m while he had 2.9m. Finally managed to get a chest! :D

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

I only just got to the 3rd win of the streak & got the chest, but only got a hot chilli. How on earth can a hot chilli be a ‘premium’ item? Another ripoff courtesy of Lolvio…

Anonymous

@rhys4aufc Ikr? There was a time I opened a free chest and got a Chili, then opened a premium using 80 gems immediately after and got a… Chili!

Great system huh?

heybert17
    @heybert17

This is the stuff that needs to end. With 17 hours left in the Tourney I was catching up with the leader. Then for the 2nd time in this round I came out of a battle with new people in my league, the old leader is gone and now I have little chance of catching the new leader.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

This week the user Karen leads the tournament with over 1100 points. I’m number three with only 400 points.
    She won the 1st place 26 times and never won 2nd or 3rd!!
    How often must someone play and how much money must be spent to reach that??!!
    I guess there’s something Foul.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

1100 points! You must live in the arena and you should be very rich too.
    My own PB is ~350 points and i played like kind of goblin.

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

@partshade It’s definitely something that must be addressed by the developers. The only (individual) spell that should be ‘premium’ is the sardine can, the others should be in the small treasure chest.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Why it repeats again and again? If you reach #3 in winning streak and you get
    opponent with 7x level 11 birds and 5 spells. BTW i won without using spells
    and spending gems for continuing. Dunno is it luck or skills. Probably it was luck because i was out of birds and then remaining structure collapsed and destroyed
    last pig and filled destructometer and i got eagle (never seen it before in the arena)
    for next room. So i won even without watching the video.

heybert17
    @heybert17

My birds bouncing off the very material they are made to destroy is getting VERY old.

Red not activating is pretty annoying also.

I am tired of losing first round battles because my birds don’t work.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

@sambeaver: Update! A few hours later she has 1300 pts!
    Perhaps five spells per game did help to score 200 Stars in 6 hours!

Again the question: Who the f* is spends so much money to win 300 gems at the end of the week?

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    I think four things must be addressed by Rovio before the tournament ends.

1) Playeres jumping around in different leagues in the Arena, which has a negative effect.
    2) Ridiculous mismatch during Arena battles, which has a negative effect.
    3) Knowing for certain which opponents you are really facing in tournament, and which ones are fillers, ghosts, cheaters or a combination of all, which has a negative effect.
    4) Transparent tournament results, which means presenting a full leaderboard at the end of the week; which has a negative effect.

@hank
    , do you think Rovio can and/or will bring solutions to these issues in a clear and transparent manner?

Kind regards.

reddie
    @reddie250

This week’s arena was just brutal to me. In danger of being demoted at 13th, but I managed to get over 200 points, a few over Paulinha. I did get a 3rd win streak despite Tiffany (her star rating’s 58) having a few Level 10 birds and a Level 11 Blue (my classic lineup of Red, Blue and Chuck are all Level 9) but all I got from the chest was a hot chili. Thanks a lot, Lolvio! >:(

kelshe
    @kelshe

The outcome is decided before you fling your first bird. The game can’t know what shots you’ll take but the game can decide if those shots will destroy or fall harmlessly away. The game can also decide what score to give you. Ever notice how destruction you once wreaked now gives a puny score? Ever notice how shots you’ve made scores of times, one-birding the room now take 3? Or 4? Ever get the feeling that your score on a good shot is held back while your opponent’s score rockets skyward? Ever notice the bird visibly slowing down, doing no damage? I haven’t gotten past a 3 win streak in over a week. A 2 game streak only 3 times in over a week. I back out of more games than I play. Sometimes I have to back out 15-20 times before I get an opponent that is closely matched. I’ll win this week but I’m finished with the Arena. I’ll play it for the daily gems but other than that, I have no interest in playing against very low star ranked players with all the birds maxed out and all the spells. Why play when winning is not possible? And when you do win your score is held down so as to slow your advancement. Adios. One last thing…like others, I’m tired of birds’ special abilities not deploying, e.g. the chicken’s egg doesn’t drop or if it drops doesn’t explode, Chuck’s turbo not firing, Red’s battle yell silent, Blues not splitting.EDIT: To illiterate the above further, right after posting this, I have went back to the Arena and was matched with a comparable opponent. In fact, somewhat below my level. I was leading big, came up on an easy room that was a sure one-birder. First shot was well-placed but left pigs and structure. Five perfectly placed shots later when the chicken’s
    egg didn’t drop, Terrence bounced off, Bomb did no damage and two other insults, I lost by 1.9m points. Well. I got my 300 gems and now it really adios Arena.

DDeck
    @ddeck

Won my league, at least I was winning by 200+ stars 6 minutes from the end of the tournament. What did I get? Nothing. No gems, no medal. @Hank @bankler, what’s the point of playing the area?

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

My third-streak adventure yesterday (please refer to my angry posts in the ‘DC Challenge, what’s the verdict’ thread).

Game #3: TA-DA! a cutesy bird-name player called “Phoenix Birdface”. Not surprisingly maxed out ALL flock and ALL spells. The below screen shot is my game screen AFTER being sucked in to buy-in for three more birds an an attempt to beat this f**ker and get 30 measly feathers.

Notice the high score I had to beat to succeed… and what my score was after flinging my last Buy-in bird (I played a damn good game, too-)

Rovio THIS is why your players are dropping this game left and right.

View post on imgur.com

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Somehow won my league despite only attaining 124 stars, somewhat odd but I ain’t complaining

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Now it happened 2nd time, i finished league in second place and game showed me as winner and awarded me with 300 gems. Of course i have nothing against extra gems lol.
    However it seems that something is wrong with the game.

Everything was ok with arena before Rovio came out with new bird ranks (elder bronze etc). It was pleasure to play the arena. But what is going on now? It’s not normal if
    i get 5 times in a row opponent with all birds level 11 and five spells. And if i finally get opponent weaker than me i also lost because all structures were enormously
    strong. If Blues can’t beat ice structure and just bounce away… So i decided that
    i will not spend gems for continuing the battle anymore.

edit> And like always if i reach #3 in winning streak i get opponent with level 11 birds and 5 spells. Named Jimmy, star rank 17. CENSORED! Of course i lost. My 5,6M vs his 5,7M. They are not strong players but they just beat you with mass like Germans were beaten by Soviet army in WW2.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    I finished tenth in my tournament with close to 500 stars, first three had close to 1,000.
    BUT I came in first and received the medal and gems.

What in the world is going on?

@hank
    , I need to know who I am really competing against!

Why can´t we receive a specific answer to this issue?
    Why is Rovio determined to keep us in the dark?
    If Rovio is interested in making Arena gameplay a fun and fair experience, why give us the silent and non-transparent treatment?

Regards.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

That’s strange.
    Karen with her 1300 points was number one and I was on the 3rd place with 400. But I won the tournament and got the 300 gems.
    That’s good for me, no doubt. I still wonder if the cheaters on the first places are eliminated in the end.

Kt
    @ktcain

@kedik22

There was a post awhile back from Bankler stating that the programmers were working on a program to better screen for cheater/hackers in the Arena games that would be implemented at the end of the Arena Tourney each week before the final gems were awarded. With the May update/download this final screening for cheats has been implemented. In every tournament week since then, my final position in the game has improved at the game’s end. In each of my games there have been as many a 3 cheater/hackers in the top 3 positions screened out before the gems were awarded and and as few as one. In my games the cheaters are always in the top positions from early on in the Arena week.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@ktcain

Hi, and thanks for your comment.
    I hear what you are saying, and what banker said.

But here is the thing.
    I finished tenth, and but came in first.
    And I know for a fact that NOT ALL nine of my opponents are cheaters or hacks.
    Some are genuine players, I call them ghosts or phantoms, who are actually competing in another tournament. They are what you could call fillers.

Therefore, how can I tell who I am really competing against?
    Who do I have to beat and how much do I have to play in order to place in the medal section?
    It´s like driving blindfolded!

The issue here, is that Rovio does not come clean, is not transparent and keeps coming up with lame excuses.

Kind regards.

Kt
    @ktcain

This is unbelievable!!! How low can this game go? For the second time in 2 days, my Arena score has been suddenly reduced from a winning score to a losing score. Yesterday I thought I must have not been following my game score closely when I knew I was ahead, and after the opponent played another bird my score was less by about 600.000 points mid-game. Enough to lose even with a free video card. I really wasn’t sure what had happened and ended up wondering if I had been mistaken about my score. Something smelled fishy. The only option to recover my win was to buy more cards, and I was not going to do that.

Today I saw clearly what happened. I thought I was given a reasonably fair match. The player Ranked a few points higher, but some of my birds were Levelled higher. He brought in no spells. I took in no spells. A close enough game, but I was winning. My final bird was properly aimed and when I let it go, it suddenly deflected in mid-air and completely missed the target!!! Really? It takes a turn in mid-air for no reason? However, I am still winning after my opponent plays his final card. But suddenly I am offered a video for a free card, as if I had lost when I had won! So I watch the video, get the extra card and as I start play it, I am flabbergasted to see my score is being reduced by a million points!!!!! I see the numbers change, getting smaller until the win is out of reach!!! Of course the free card isn’t going to make up this difference. Do the Game Masters really think I would be willing to spend gems when my score has just been so obviously manipulated?

How low are the programmers going to go??? This is so crass, opportunistic and blatant that I am stunned.

@bankler
    @hank @rhonda90402 @captsternn @kelshe

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 901 through 925 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.