About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 876 through 900 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • DDeck
    @ddeck

@hank
    had mentioned that a lot of new players were spending lots of real money to level up their birds. How much money do you all think it would take to obtain 5 x L8 and 2 x L7 birds but only have only progressed to star level 17, like this guy Ryan I faced?

The DC awards no stars, right? So theoretically you could play that like mad, but the difficulty is often ridiculous, so maybe it would be more efficient to just open 80-gem treasures? So this guy is really dropping hundreds of dollars on a game that is often more frustrating than fun? Really?

heybert17
    @heybert17

I have a lot that on the first room, even if my opponent has the same level bird or even lower. I can wipe out the whole structure and many time my opponent still gets more points, and by the 3rd room no matter how good I am playing I am already down by almost a million. I don’t always lose those battles if I continue to play well, but it is odd how the scoring is shown at times. Even though i would get boring fast and take too long, I do at time wish we could see our opponents round, heck I might get some good pointers on game play.

edit: I just wiped out the entire room one structure with a level 6 bird, my opponent used a level 5 bird and got 577,668 to my 561,935. Guess his structure had a couple extra boards to destroy. Completed the second room with 1 bird and am already down by over 100,000.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@dwhite40704 – hello again – following on from your post yesterday about the Arena, and hoping you pick this up as on a different thread – knowing you no longer play I wondered if you could check your standing in this week’s league anyway? I was languishing happily in bottom place with zero points, as you’d expect, but went back in to claim my daily feathers and suddenly there I was, top! Needless to say, still had zero points along with the other 14 below me in the same league, all on zero. Checked again this morning and still the same, so could get 300 gems after a nice stress-free week of Arena avoidance.
    Yet more weirdness as I should have been demoted last week, but somehow stayed in Diamond – this in itself must be really annoying for people still playing and getting wound up in the process of avoiding demotion.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello @kedik22

I do read the forums and follow discussions, but I can’t answer them all.

Here is a very specific question:
    I need to know specifically which players in my tournament are shadows and/or cheaters.
    Can you or Rovio provide that information?
    That would be in order to have a fun, transparent and fair Arena gameplay this week.

If a player is cheating and we’ve caught it, they will show as a player with 1 star (I think). They would not be able to upload their runs either.

Regarding tournament placement acting up at the end of a week is something we have to look into to have a better answer for you. If it’s not working as intended we have to oversee the logic behind it.

Thank you!
    /Hank

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

@djangosmum I’m still in Diamond. Should have been demoted.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    Thank you so much for getting back to us.
    I know you have a very difficult task regarding this forum.
    We appreciate your effort and patience.

My question is bit about tournament placement at the end of the week, which certainly need to be taken care of.

What really needs to be addressed is how to distinguish players that I am actually competing against, versus those that are just visiting the leaderboard: shadows, fillers or whatever you want to call them.
    Many of those do have a very negative effect on honest players´ Arena gameplay and strategies.

Kind regards.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

I SWEAR IF I HAVE TO BATTLE ‘NIFTY BACONBUSTER’ AND HIS %#&$*@! 5-SPELL, MAXED OUT FLOCK ONE MORE TIME….

heybert17
    @heybert17

Probably gonna come in 2nd this week, a few hours ago I had a 12 point lead, now I am down by 93 to the previous 2nd place opponent. I can’t play enough to get over a hundred points in a 3-4 hours.

Also I hope Red gets over whatever is making his power not work about 25% of the time.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Django asked me to see if I had been demoted after a month off from arena play. So I did. I hadn’t been demoted. Still diamond. So I thought what the heck, might as well play a few while I’m here. Big mistake. Played 6 tickets. Got smoked in the first round every time. Every opponent had 5 spells, low star count, counterfeit pics and scored over 6 million with birds all (11) or higher. Oh well…. Back into retirement I go. If this game ever becomes fun and fair would someone be so kind as to tag me in a post so I will receive a notification. Until then, take care folks and hope to chat one day about how great the game is instead of a corrupt circus.

cognitive
    @cognitive

If you played six in a row it is likely you encountered what I’ve been talking about. If you space them out you encounter a better mix. Last week I played ten in a row and got smoked ten times by 5-spell miracles…

Another observation. These people don’t make mistakes, period, and if/when you do that’s half a mill points they go ahead. So, assuming they are real players, somehow they choose the very best performance versus yours or mine’s.

Very classy.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Can you see why I couldn’t continue? If I hadn’t seen it I would still be wondering. A lone little piggie rolled into the bush under the rock the launcher is on, all I could do was sling my birds and hope my opponent didn’t catch, surprisingly I do win.

really

David Martin
    @david-martin

I managed a 7-game streak between yesterday and today. For the most part the difficulty of my opponents did seem to ramp up gradually this time, though there were anomalies – my #6 opponent was a lot easier to beat than my #5, for example. #7 had all of their birds at level 9 or 10 (I’m almost all at level 8), which I felt was a tough but fair fight considering the stakes. Either the algorithm’s been improved or I just got lucky.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Did you play at the prescribed interval or did you use tickets? I can pretty much guarantee I will pull a 3-5 spell opponent at streak=1 if I play too quickly using tickets.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I see a lot of people mention “banking tickets”, how would you bank tickets? I get just enough tickets each round to let me play a couple extra battles. At no point do I ever have more than 1 or maybe 2, if I get that far, extra tickets.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I must have played 4 in a row late last night. One free ticket every three hours, one for watching an ad, and two for winning the 4th round in a streak. That got me up to round 6 and then I finished off the 7th today.

It’s unusual for me to win that many back-to-back. I had some spells leftover from the DC and from opening the treasure chest every half hour to help me out, though never the full roster of spells you see from some of the more ridiculously pumped-up opponents.

There are times when I’ve obtained those 2 free tickets for a streak of 4 wins, and decided to wait to use them until I figured out if I could beat the next days’ DC, which would possibly give me a few spells, making it less likely to break my streak. You can also watch the ad every three hours and then not play the Arena right away. Other than the free entry you get once every three hours, I don’t believe there’s a time limit on when you have to use your tickets.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I am really REALLY tired of getting my tail kicked by first round opponents I should have no trouble beating. I don’t mean, a close well fought battle, I mean slaughtered. There is no way they made a single mistake because even if I managed a great game I could not have won.

kelshe
    @kelshe

I’ve only had a 7 win streak in the last week. I haven’t gone past 3 wins lately. I keep seeing the same opponents over and over. Many opponents are single digit star rankings with all birds maxed out and with all the spells. I have just been stacking entries now up to 20. I usually back out on the 2nd game. I won’t play when there’s no chance of winning.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I have noticed that you usually get a decent match up on the 1st round, and sometimes an even better match up on the 2nd round. but then you get some unbeatable opponent on the 3rd round.

I have to wonder if the weak 2nd round opponent is to entice players that would usually back out and go back to round 1 into going for the feathers, and basically wasting an extra round that would have raised their score and let them play even more.

Anonymous

Would make sense since the 3rd round reward is actually worth playing for. And that’s seemingly where is all goes downhill…

cognitive
    @cognitive

I am really REALLY tired of getting my tail kicked by first round opponents I should have no trouble beating. I don’t mean, a close well fought battle, I mean slaughtered. There is no way they made a single mistake because even if I managed a great game I could not have won.

That has been my experience as well. I played a bunch of games today and lost a good number of them, games I should have won. I’m 2 7’s and 5 6’s and pretty much one mistake and you’re done. The opponent magically seems to be doing everything right, it is a rare occasion that I’ll see an opponent brick a bird. So, I would say, I’m now at streak=1 maybe 50%, probably less, streak=2 maybe 40%, streak=3 maybe 30% and once you reach streak=5 the other guy has every bird two levels up from you, and no matter what you do it ain’t winnable unless you bring spells or buy extra birds.

On related news I played a bunch of back to back games today and did NOT encounter any 5 spell miracle guys if I play too often – which was standard operating procedure before.

I started with 50 tickets accumulated in the last few weeks once the new format was put into place but before the latest changes :)

reddie
    @reddie250

The same goes for me. R3 opponents make me wanna stay away from them. I always go for the feathers (slowly but surely, they’re starting to fill up). Another reason why we hate the arena these days.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

Can you explain what you mean by “I always go for the feathers”? Do mean the 80 gem prizes? I’ve been trying to figure how how so may opponents are ranked much lower than me, yet their birds have higher levels.So if there’s some other way to raise my bird levels, I’d love to know. I’m 8-0-0 (all gold) in the Arena, but the feather accumulation seems to go very slowly…

reddie
    @reddie250

@james-simon I always go for the 30 feathers then back out of the third round cheating opponent.

heybert17
    @heybert17

My game wouldn’t load, I had to reinstall. Now the rewards for the rounds in the Arena are different. Small chest for round 1, a spell for round 2, a ticket for round 3, large chest for round 4, 100 feathers for round 5, 200 feathers for round 6, 300 gems for round 7. So the prizes got worse across the board. Guess they figured out a way to stop the people backing out, but I bet they did nothing about the rest of the “cheaters” who make playing the Arena no fun any more.

If the opponents are more evenly matched fine, but if the 3rd round opponent is still highly outmatching, then I might quit, it will highly limit my play anyway.

edit: Made it to 3rd round, highly outmatched, if this is the new norm I am done, I’ll find another way to waste time. I will never get another ticket at this rate.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

@hank, I’m going through “Groundhog Day”. For days now, each day my silver bird starts at level 4 (lagging all my other higher-level birds for quite a while now) at 915/950. After lots of activity, I get more feathers and each day I get it up to level 5. Then when I log on the next morning, it has reverted back to level 4 (915/950). Is there some way to fix this glitch? It’s costing me in close arena battles, etc. Thanks!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 876 through 900 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.