About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 851 through 875 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

With all the issues associated with Arena play – more than ably described in the preceeding posts, I decided last week that it was no longer worth the hassle. Inevitably that lead to my demotion from Diamond league to Amethyst. If I had had any ambition to climb back up it would have been quickly dashed – every single one of my 14 opponents this week is still rated Diamond league – so where is the fairness in that?
    It just confirms it was right to step away and spare myself a lot of ill-feeling and negativity, not to mention time wasted that could be used on something far more enjoyable and productive!

wrw01
    @wrw01

@kedik22
    I also came in second and was awarded 150 gems. Odd that we both came in second.
    There was some strange things that happened with this past weeks tournament. I experienced some so the same items mentioned above.

Also had the higher score but did not get the credit and my avatar did not turn white, stayed red, about three times during the past week.

When I run out of gems and spells, the final curtain will close on AB2 at least for me. Even being at level 11 with all the birds, there are just too many things that go wrong with this game.

On one occasion I had the higher score, my opponent ran out of birds and his/her score was lock and when the final screen came up I lost because they had the higher score…that was very strange.

It appears that to be competitive and get higher scores throughout the game, a player is forced to spend their real hard earned money for gems and I cannot do that. So when I run out of what I have, it will be the end. I know I said that previously, but this time will be final due to the cash required to play and all the negative items that seemed to plague our game play. If I am going to spend real money for a game or any item in life, it has to work correctly or I will require a refund. We cannot get our money back from Rovio for their cheats, hacks, and defective game play so I will not spend the money for a bad product.

@hank

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Sounds probably like whining but THIS is too much for me. I played sixth winning streak stage with my 5 x level 9 and 2x level 8 birds and got opponent
    with all level 11 birds and five spells. If i want to win this i have to spend
    huge amount of gems but even if i want to do it i can’t because google payments just blocked my account so i can’t buy gems. Of course i lost this match with my 3,5M points vs opponents 8,3M points. CENSORED !

And funny thing too. Yesterday i got opponent weaker than me but with all
    five spells. During the match he received 0 points and i won with 10 stars.
    0 points actually is impossible with 5 spells. So i ask wtf is going on?

Anonymous

You know what I don’t understand? Why we have to deal with spells in the first place. Sure, we can bring them into the game with us for support, but why should we be BATTLING spells?

Here’s my idea: We should still be able to bring spells for help, but the points obtained with the spells will be subtracted when the score is sent to the servers (They won’t show up on the “finding opponent” screen either). This way, our opponents can still use the spells, we just won’t know it.

Good idea nesters? Even though it obviously won’t get added since Rovio won’t be able to make money off of us trying to compete with spell users…

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Having posted earlier today that I had been demoted to Amethyst (informed at end of last weeks Arena) and then complained everyone else in my new league was Diamond, when I returned to the Arena to claim my free feathers, noticed I am actually still in Diamond, so not demoted after all, despite coming 15th last week!

If you only suffer the frustration of the Arena to retain whatever cachet being in Diamond might give you – why bother?

kedik22
    @kedik22

@djangosmum
    Hi, good about your diamond league status.
    But I am curious as to how exactly do you know/investigate the status of all your other arena opponents after the tournament has ended?
    It is not as if Rovio shows a final table of results.
    Thanks.

@wrw01

Hi, quick question.
    Do not know/understand the higher score credit avatar turning white concept.
    Are there colours, prizes, credits?
    What scores, arena, regular?
    Thanks.

@hank

Hi.
    Regarding my second place finish last tournament and @wrw01 also´s second place in the same tournament, how can that happen? We certainly were NOT tied.
    If your answer is that he was actually competing in another tournament, and was only in mine for show, then I must say that you are using him and obviously other very fat scores as bait for other players to spend money, gems and spells.
    So, how does an honest player know who he is really competing against?
    Is Arena gameplay becoming more obscure?
    Regards.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

@kedik22 – sorry if my post was confusing!

At the end of last week’s tournament I got the message ‘you came 15th and have been demoted to Amethyst’ or words to that effect. Although I have a few gold medals, I, like the majority of contributors to the forum have just got fed up with the Arena and stopped competing last week, so got relegated as a result.

When I checked out THIS week’s opponents I noticed they were still Diamond league, which I thought a bit unfair as I’d been dropped to Amethyst, but then realised I hadn’t been, for whatever reason. So I was referring to the status of my new opponents, rather than the ones who beat me into 15th place.

Sorry, but I’ve not unlocked a way of seeing the fate of the previous week’s competitors, which might have been interesting if they were cheaters….

Think I’ll have a break from the stress and frustrations of the Arena anyway and so expect to get properly relegated next week with no points!

As to the league you are in, it is my understanding that while the other 14 competitors listed are the ones you yourself have to beat, they may well be up against a completely different set of competitors in which you may not figure. That explains why the top position may have a massive score compared with the rest, as they are competing against others with higher scores in a different set of players ( or they may be cheating!)

kedik22
    @kedik22

@djangosmum

Thanks for your reply.

I hear what you are saying, but the conclusions I draw are just terrible.
    Basically I am competing against mostly ghosts or cheaters.
    And therefore I am being baited into:
    1) Forced gameplay, for fear at being demoted
    2) Spending hard earned gems and or spells
    3) For sure having a negative impact in someone else´s competition, and therefore mood!

What in the world is Rovio trying to accomplish?
    Turning a great game idea into a horrible game experience?

Regards.

hamvestor
    @james-simon

It looks to me like there have been some changes for the better in the Arena. For the past two days, all of my opponents have been evenly matched with me — no extra spells, no opponents with much higher levels of birds, etc. We’ll see, but there appear to be some encouraging signs…

cognitive
    @cognitive

@Hamvestor,

there’s been a marginal improvement in terms of spells, I do get streak=1 2-3 spell clowns on occasion, but there is no improvement at all in:

a) player strength differential – by the time you’re streak=3 it’s pretty hopeless, and streak > 3 it is hopeless. If I have one or two birds @ 7 and the other guy has all birds @ 7 and maybe one @ 8 it’s largely a foregone conclusion who’s winning.

b) player performance differential – I continue to be amazed that in my opinion we seem to be matched with players who play near perfect games, not ‘average’ games. In the past every once in a while you could see the opponent brick one, but there are very few of those happening today.

I was able to string together a couple of streak=6 rows but no luck, not when pitted against someone with all 8 or 9 birds and I have 2 at 7…

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

OK Rovio @hank Please go to your developers and fix this right away. It has been happening 2 out of 3 Arena matches to me now and it’s just a little bit unacceptable.

My score is ahead on my last bird, but it’s not showing that way. Then I am being forced to buy extra birds to get my win.

Normally I would just cut out of the Arena but I do not want to sacrifice my winning streak because you guys can’t get your act together. >:-(

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

heybert17
    @heybert17

Well, after a couple good days, it appears the Arena has been tweaked again, just got whipped 2 games in a row by players I outranked slightly, but my birds did not react very well, and I was slaughtered.

Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

Yep. On Saturday, when trying frantically to climb my way out of 15th place (let’s face it, the thrill is gone) I actually ran a full streak and got my last bird still in 6 up to Amethyst 7. I had fair opponents and finally felt like my ability might just be represented. (Just because people are ranking up at warp speed now doesn’t mean their actually GOOD – just willing to spend money. And then today. I played round 1 and lost twice. (A pig fell into an unreachable crevice – TWICE.) Then I won and clicked for round 2 – I got a person for whom EVERY BIRD outranked me by THREE levels and had chosen 5 spells. Seriously? For round TWO? Screw you. I’ll plod along with a one-off of round one forever – I’ll never rank up, never be demoted and never have fun. Remind me why I’m still playing?

heybert17
    @heybert17

Well, the fun is over again, went into the Arena in one League, and came out of my first battle to all new names, and down by even more stars. Plus highly outmatched by the 3rd round again.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Game is also crashing on FB-disabled wi-fi networks. It was fine prior to this.

Rovio doesn’t even bother to notify users anymore when they ‘update’ obviously.

And with all the people I’m encountering these days with full-level gold flocks and spells to spare, Rovio must be rolling in the dough $$$ so why the push to get even more players to spend? >:-\

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Today it finally seemed that it’s fair game. I got in the row 3 opponents at same level than me, one was equipped with one spell but it was blizzard. I won ’em and then 4th opponent had all level 11 birds and 5 spells. Hard to guess won i or not.
    Actually he/she was quite weak player so i lost 5,1M vs 5,3M and there was no
    “watch-the-video-and-get-free-bird” button. And i had not enough gems too.
    One bird was all i needed. Why we must buy 3 birds for 60 gems, why we can’t
    buy just one for 20?

cognitive
    @cognitive

I think the streak=1 opponents with 5 spells seem to happen more if you use a ticket to play again and especially after a failed streak. If you take your time you have less chance of running into these guys.

kelshe
    @kelshe

I’m seeing the same handful of players over and over. Many are low-star-ranked, maxed out at 11 birds and all the spells. Might be finished with the arena. Too bad…IT used to be fun.

Jam
    @jamoross

Me three. Just get a “can’t connect; check your internet connection” error.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I was playing a player with 5 spells, so after I am out of birds I get to watch his last few birds play down. After all his birds were gone his damage meter wasn’t even 1/4 of the way, yet he got another bird. Now I understand if in his battle he was losing he would get the video bird, but if he was losing in his battle it must have been against one of the hugely overmatching players because he was beating me by well over a million when he got the extra bird.

heybert17
    @heybert17

Just lost a level 1 battle against an opponent I outmatched. I am still low enough that a 4 million point round is rare, I have only seen a few and have yet to get one. My opponent got over 4 million even though there is no way he had the birds to do it unless he destroyed every single piece of every structure. I played very well and only got 3,731,388, with a better flock.

cognitive
    @cognitive

@heybert17 I run into this on a regular basis. I mean, I understand playing streak 7 against some dude with all birds two levels above you. But at streak 1, you play a perfect game against someone with less ranked birds than you, and still lose.

I am noticing some magic point pile-ups at the last bird, you have one bird each, you’re ahead by 200-300 k points, neither close to free bird, and the dude flicks and pretty much piles on 700-900 k points off one bird. Even with the extra video bird you’re often toast (chuck vs rock…)

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I played the Arena daily for about 6 months and the scoring has always been an issue. Used to be by the time you left the first screen you were 2 million in the hole. Then came the days of the 3-card Monty at the end- people were going nutty. I quit playing it several weeks ago so I don’t know what’s going on now but I will take your word for it that its screwed up. Nothing would shock me with this game.

Kt
    @ktcain

I have enjoyed Angry Birds games for years for just the cost of an app, 3 or 4 dollars, or for free. Now AB2 has innovated Angry Birds and it has been such a fun and incredible game that I have been quite willing to buy 2000 gems every month. I believe the Game Masters should be rewarded for the years of game development and all the fun I’ve had. I have not resented buying gems each month. I don’t believe everything should always be free.

However, since I first started playing the game last year, it has become very much more expensive, and I still have to stay within my budget. It is getting much harder to play the game and do that.

That said, after the download of new Trail levels and the introduction of the Elder Gold level last Friday, my Arena experience actually improved over the week-end. I am currently Ranked at 51 with 6 birds at Level 9 and one bird at Level 8. I am at the end of the Trail playing the Madagooscar Levels, game level 636 currently. I have won many Arena Tourneys before the new Arena Format was downloaded in May. I am an experienced player.

For the first time in 4 weeks I have won a 7 card streak.

What did it cost? Well, the first 4 games were more or less fair matches. But I brought in 1 spell, Chili into the fourth game because the game I was to play had often defeated me with an un-reachable micro-pig.. Game 5 needed 5 spells because my opponent was Ranked much higher and brought in 5 spells. Game 6 was with a player whose birds were Level 10 and 11 and was Ranked at 67. That needed 5 spells and 6 extra cards to win = 180 gems. Game 7’s match was all birds Level 11 with 5 spells. But the player was only ranked at 30, a less experienced player who is buying his bird levels. Now I’m in for a penny, in for a pound, so I brought in 5 spells and hoped that winning the 500 feathers for Chuck wouldn’t completely deplete my gem bank. I won the match without extra cards. Not even the free video card was needed. Total cost to win the 7 card streak = 16 spells and 180 gems.

Today the Arena seemed to revert to its old ways. This morning I couldn’t get past game 3 where, again, my opponent had Level 11 birds and 5 spells breaking my Streak because I declined the match. This afternoon I tried 3 times for a fair match in game 1 and each time the opponent was Ranked much higher than I am, had all birds at Level 10 or 11 and brought in 5 spells. I declined each game. Arena tickets up in flames, of course.

When the week-end games were more or less fair, at least improved, I really enjoyed them again, felt the competitive juices rising and wanted to play more to increase my standing in the contest. But those feelings have soured, and again I have stopped playing except to satisfy the Daily Quest. My place in the Arena grouping is slipping down to the bottom. It is just such an unpleasant and frustrating experience. So no, @hank @bankler I’m not having fun.

@hank
    @bankler

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi.
    Do not know if you read me previous posts.
    But last week I finished tenth in the board, but came in second.

This week I am close to the bottom again, and feeling the pressure of being demoted.

Here is a very specific question:
    I need to know specifically which players in my tournament are shadows and/or cheaters.
    Can you or Rovio provide that information?
    That would be in order to have a fun, transparent and fair Arena gameplay this week.

Kind regards.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 851 through 875 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.