About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Interesting, you guys are all mentioning the names of these same people in the battles I’ve been doing daily (Raven Birdson, Buster BaconBuster, Swiney McPigBasher, Oink Fearsome, etc etc). Unless we are all in the same league, these sound like “planted” players.

But frankly, I am getting tired of this game and how Rovio changes the rules and gameplay every few days (mostly in their favour). Has anyone else noticed that once you win a round, the further away from your opponent’s score you get, the more ineffective your birds/ shots/ desctruction becomes, as if there’s an attempt to close the window of defeat and just get you to finish? Or how often a single pig survives an annihilation as you get closer to the end of your bird flock?

Has anyone else ever managed a score of 0 after using a spell, eg like the ducklings or the Pig Puffer? I’m seeing this way too often lately as well. Exploding pigs by using Chili have also been doing stupid things like simply detonating the pig that eats it, without even so much as cracking the rest of the structure around them.

I’d even go so far as to accuse Rovio of ‘rigging’ your game based on how your progress is going, which is easy and transparent to do in programming terms. And the reason? So they can grab more ‘frustration’ purchases. Watch how many times you use up a bird, eg Blues to clear a screen and your next screen is made of ice, or Bomb to clear a screen and the next screen is almost entirely built of stone.

There’s just way too many of these annoyances happening on a regular basis. It’s almost making the game not worth playing anymore. I know Rovio is losing money and the movie is getting panned left and right (so obviously it won’t be the financial saviour they hoped it would be)… but that’s no reason to dig the grave for the products they put out.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Unending play, wow! Will try that later Capt. It’s probably how Mohammed is top of my league with over 300. I’ve been watching his climb when I log on for free chests and he’s grinding away, slowly but consistently. I’m collecting arena entries now, have over 2,000 Terrence feathers amassed so saving cards for birds that haven’t as many.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@captsternn

Hey, Captain!
    Your fun and smart contributions will surely be missed.
    Maybe you will reconsider?

Regards.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    Yeah, we will miss you and your way!

I remember how you said not too long ago “Get a grip, people” and now you joined the side of the critics of the game… And my sceptical feeling when I started playing has been totally confirmed. :P

Aeshna
    @aeshna

like so many others before him, Capts. input will be missed on this forum and AB2 is poorer for the loss of another flinger.

Mike Barbour
    @mike-barbour

I have not been able to enter the arena for a week. Is there a place where I can notify the team that a fix is needed?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Thanks to everybody for the kind words. Please understand I am not leaving out of anger or disgust. Just leaving because I have nothing else to contribute. Take care.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I retire about every 4 days. The game is both fun and frustrating for me. I think it’s the total randomness that usually leaves the bad taste in my mouth. That and the cheaters. I, too, remember Captains post telling us to get a grip- good stuff. Take care Capt and know your comments and experience will be missed by me as well. Hope you just take a short sabbatical and then return. On your bad days just remember that you earned your spot in the AB2 Bad Luck Hall of Fame. ?

heybert17
    @heybert17

This happened to me for the first time today, very frustrating. I was in first place in my Diamond League with 66 points. I come back 4 hours later and I a in 2nd place behind someone with 165 points who wasn’t even in the top 5 previously. Not sure if he was placed in my league or what, I recognized all the names behind me so I wasn’t moved. Not gonna be fun if I can just be moved out of first at any random time.

I checked his birds, I actually have a slightly better flock.

Update: I played every chance I could today and got within 23 stars of his score. He stayed at 165. Just went back in an in the last 4 hours he has gotten another 100 stars. I am not gonna stay interested long if he is going to get 100 stars every time he plays.

Summers
    @summersoff7

Is it just me or do all the photos of your oppenents look like models? They dont look like normal everyday people.

Another grievance: you are behind your oppenent by about 150k points with a free bird after an ad, and after you fling it it would normally give you over 250k points or so, but barely creeps along and gives you just under your oppenents points forcing you to give up or pay for another 3 birds. Thats garbage.

Lastly. I truly believe that the players you play are not live. None of them are playing against you in real time. They played that round before you even logged in and their play was recorded and then matched up against yours.

I think this because I flung birds in rapid fire essentially giving up and my oppenents points kept up with mine and far exceeded it. Theres no way a live oppenent could rapid fire and accumulate large scores.

My 2 cents.

Summers
    @summersoff7

This happened to me!! I spent 60 gems after i was ‘winning’ to win again. Flung the birds and i was still lost even thouvh i had more points. Ridiculous cheaters

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@summersoff7
    Nobody ever said battles were real-time. They all were recorded; the enemy always makes their turn after you make yours. Their speed is based on yours. It has never been different.

Summers
    @summersoff7

thanks for clarification.

kelshe
    @kelshe

Too bad…your remarks have been pithy, insightful and humorous. Although new to these forums as a participant, I’ve been reading your comments for some time and found them helpful in winning. All the best.

eltini
    @eltini

I can understand @capsternn – where’s the fun in that ? My main interest in the arena is trying to be better each time knowing that I have limited possibilities (playing 3 times a day roughly). If it becomes possible to play endlessly (and if Rovio does not fix the ticket as first reward thing) the arena will become pointless…

eltini
    @eltini

I had two probable cheaters in front on me yesterday morning – they were removed and I got on top spot – sweet. Then this AM – no points given… Anyone else has had this issue ?

Saphira
    @kgeisler

Are you referring to the gems you get for winning the arena? If so, the arena doesn’t end until Saturday. Or did you mean something else?

cognitive
    @cognitive

If you have stashed away tickets it’s not difficult to run up the score. I have followed a PsyOps method for winning, and have won 18 diamond leagues in a row so far :). Send 2.5E10 gems to my BitCoin account for details :)

Seriously, the Arena presents an interesting choice, play small streak players and blow them away or focus on 7 streaks which are very risky. So far I’ve won 3-4 of those but it’s gotten very difficult, not when you have 2 6 birds and the other guy has all 6 birds.

At least Rovio fixed the 8 bird issue (opponent starts with 8 birds) but there’s lots of double bird opponents I see daily (i.e their 3 bird list includes two of the same bird which I think indicates either a bug in the code or a cheater).

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@cognitive
    Are 2.5E-10 gems enough? :P

It’s even worse than that, actually. I have two level 6 birds and once got matched up against someone with one level 7, 5 level 6 and 1 level 5 birds plus two spells. You can imagine I was busted.

Double-bird opponents aren’t automatically cheaters. Flinging Bomb, then flinging Chuck and flinging Bomb again CAN happen – it happened to me before as well. Because if you fling Bomb and the Destructometer fills up, then you get Bomb back. Then, if you fling Chuck, there is a chance that the next card you draw from the deck is Bomb again. Not an unlikely scenario, and it gets more likely the less birds/spells you have left to fling.

With 3 or less birds or spells left, it can even happen that you get to fling the same bird or spell twice in occasion.

heybert17
    @heybert17

So how do you decline a battle, do you have to turn your device off every time, I have found no other way.

The uneven opponents in the higher battles makes going for the streaks just way to frustrating to even keep trying.

heybert17
    @heybert17

If I fling one more bird without getting a single point I am done, ridiculous.

I don’t mean flinging a bird at a pig that is out of reach, that is frustrating enough, I mean making solid contact and bouncing off with zero damage.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@heybert17
    On iOS, you can double tap the Home button and close the app that way.
    I believe there’s a similar way on Android too – look in your settings if it’s somehow possible to close running applications/processes.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Am I the only one who is just absolutely freaking sick of Nibblers ad? Stella Pop?

kedik22
    @kedik22

@dwhite40704

Hi.
    Absolutely NOT.
    I am so sick of some of the ads, that I have posted comments complaining about them, and in some cases have gotten back an apology.
    And in the Friends tournament, it lately feels they have increased at a 100% rate.
    It is just plain disgusting.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ads have been less of a problem with me since I made an in-app purchase – I don’t mind the occasional ad but I agree, Nibblers and Battle Bay are the majority of the ads showing up.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 651 through 675 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.