About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 3,001 through 3,025 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Piggsy
    @piggsy

Bravo Rovio retarded guys. Got blues on free birds, where all level was build in stone architecture. Nearly 200 points to win arena match.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I tried to keep track how many free bird are in fact blues, because it felt like 9/10 are blue… it was less then 9/10 but still a lot.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yep, I get Blue probably 50% of the time at least and will often get Chuck if everything is stone, or Matilda if nothing exists where she is useful.

Now I’m getting more and more games on 1-2 where I am outnumbered in FP by 10-50. I’ve been unable to get past #2 for 2 days now. The first time I got someone who was 40 below me in FP, he scored 49M points without spells or purchased continues. It hacks me off to no end when someone is able to outscore me like that, but someone who is 30, 50, 70+ above me in FP barely beats me or I manage to squeak out a win now and then. Of course, then there are the people who’s last bird is worth 5, 10, 15+ million.

I guess at this point the only way to win in the arena is to be someone who is stupid enough to pay for endless gems and tickets. And yet, in my current tournament, #1 is at almost 800, 2-5 are all over 500, 6-11 are 300-499, 12 is at 277, the rest are just below that. Lowest score is 201.

And it seems now that there is ALWAYS at least one blasted pig that survives everything but a direct hit and even then, not always. Earlier today Bomb tossed a micro-pig across the level, and it survived, all banged up, but survived.

I just played 20 matches (I have so many tickets from just playing free entries for the last 6 tournaments) and have lost 18 of them.  Doesn’t matter how perfect my game is, I will lose by sometimes a few thousand, to 30M.  At this point, I think they have rigged it to keep people from winning unless they use spells and/or buy continues.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@piggsy @AggieGuy @jo-ha

I have found the free birds I usually get are Terence, Bomb and Matilda. I wonder if it has something to do with what your flock power is or your Star Rank. My flock power is 402 and Star Rank is 88 and I went back down to the Vanilla League because I only play the Arena to get all the rewards in the challenges. So then maybe it depends on how often you play the arena if we are talking about free birds in the arena only….

Piggsy
    @piggsy

My FP is 271 and Star Rank is 46. I lost a match on #2 streak again because the free bird was once more blues at wooden-stone structure. Luckyli i have enough tickets to be on first place in my tournament league but i noticed too, that second streak play is really hard to complete. I lost few full streaks in a row due to this “Rovio trick”. I need just full streak to get 500 gems for streak feat. Anyway this issue, problems with complete boss’ stages in main mode (levels of my birds are too high so strike at the beginning fullfilling my destructometer twice, so i lost the second chance for getting another bird) are reaally pain in the @ss. Oh, and lagging on DC and KPP. I uninstalled all google widget updates so i’ll see tommorow if this helps to play normally.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

38 games yesterday and today, lost 33 on streak 1, all the rest on 2. Most losses by 10M or more, often earned on the opponent’s last bird.

I’m done, this is not fun anymore.

#2 is no longer winnable.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Let’s see if Rovio’s going to notice this time.

Also, has the non arena / DC play gotten easier? Clan vs clan play is absurdly simple – and, sad to say, fair ?? – regular levels are trivial (around 700 to 800), arena is as described above in terms of opponents, and DC is interesting to say the least,  with 3+ structures and plenty of immortal pigs.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

I really don’t understand the mechanics of the arena. I played a match with opponent who had 308 FP and sardines spell. My flock power is 272 now, so i took 4 spells besides snowflake card. Result? I won about 21M to over 3M.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The general way the arena works is:

1. opponent with super high FP that actually knows how to play.  requires lots of spells to win if their FP is way more than yours

2. same as 1 except opponent is completely clueless – scores maybe 5-10M. Easy win but of course you wasted a bunch of spells to find out

3. opponent same as your level and still blows you out of the water

4. opponent MUCH lower than you and still manages effortlessly to put up 30-35M points with no spells

etc.

The intention is to get us to use up spells. Simple. After the Infinite Spells of last summer there are plenty of players that banked their spells. Right after that was fixed the arena matches became VERY challenging, and with the last upgrade, nearly pointless.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Damn right, Cognitive!

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Just played the first room with a Mighty Eagle. Every structure was left standing, even the rocket didn’t fire. Scored 835,000 while opponent was already at 6,000,000. Had taken in three spells because opponent was 60 FP above me.

Feel like a bit of a mug.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Yes, had a HUGE haul of spells late summer-

cognitive
    @cognitive

My stupidity was that after sitting on 600 ducks etc and 250-300 sardine cans 😂 I wasted them trying to stay in diamond league. Holy 🐮. There were times you had to play 10 matches a day to not be demoted.

So too late I realized that and I’m now in vanilla league and happy. Can’t win a tournament without blowing serious numbers of spells (I figure 10-15 spells per streak). So….

Juan Luis Valenciaga Parma
    @juan-luis-valenciaga-parma

Cognitive, for three weeks now, I’m playing Arena with players level 340-370 (mine just now 300). Ok, its the game, but what I don’t accept is that mine opponent make the two first steps without expend any bird!! and get from start 4000 to 9000 point in advance. The other:

They can destroy with Chuck or Blues 3 stone building (impossible).

Mine birds make very little points also if they clean perfect, but at the moment that I pay 60 gems for extra birds, miracle!! your birds start to do points as normal.

In this game, we expend money to buy gems, but we don’t win money, just gems that has a value only in the game. Whit mine friends we decided to start to play just the free game, not more money like this to Roxio, we’re not chickens to pluck.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Ah, you just identified another not-talked-about issue here. Points throttling especially towards the end of the game, where the objective is to trickle points to you just below your opponent to get you to spend gems…

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

One thing’s for sure: The opponents are definitely computerised.

Davetv
    @davetv

Guys they put us in a situation that is manipulating our outcome. That takes away our chance to win, no matter how skilled we are at the game. When you charge people real money because you made them lose on purpose. For real!!!  ! I find that to be extortion! We have all become complacent with Rovio. They used to be a reputable company but now they have become common thieves. They have big problems with every game they have.  Time to move on or get some real progress.

MaxStar
    @maxstar

The Points throttling is so annoying. I am a slow player and I take my time to fling my birds precisely on target. I just had a match where my opponent quickly used all his birds and his score was 29 million. I had 4 more birds and since I was way behind him in the score, I was real careful with my shots. About 2 minutes later,  as soon as I got closer to 28 million, my inactive opponent suddenly received additionally 3 million added to his score. His score was now  boosted to 32 million, while I barely reached 31 million. I was forced to watch a video for a free bird (Rovio$$) and finally was able to defeat my opponent, scoring only 5 points.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

what I want to know..

Where have all the opponents with pictures and names gone? I mean no bird faces and no names like “nifty buttstomp” whatever. .

Not that I miss that, but in the past we had to face grinning Russian or asian couples who defeated us in the arena. It’s strange that there are no more players of that kind left.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@angrynerds2

What are you seeing?  I am seeing what you described you are not seeing. I see regular people’s names and the buttstomps, eagles and others etc….but I have been staying in the Vanilla league for many, many months.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

Yeah… and the grinning Russians haunt me at every step!

so many teeth… pearly white teeth…

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Perhaps they are banned in some countries..

Well I don’t miss the smiling cheaters.. I just noticed that I saw only birds in my tournaments and as opponents for a while now.

Juan Luis Valenciaga Parma
    @juan-luis-valenciaga-parma

When you start Arena, look at the start birds of your opponent: he will clean the first three stage with only one bird at each time and he will do big amount of points. The other: they can do points without expend any bird.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

It seems pretty standard on my arena levels that opponents for streak 7 (and sometimes 6) have all five spells and higher FP. Almost at the point where I’m just going to stop playing. If this is Rovio’s clever plan for sucking me dry of spells it won’t work – I will use fewer spells by playing less than half the time!

PhoenixH
    @phoenixh

Try taking your hats off before going into the arena. It will lower your FP and possibly set your opponent at a lower FP. With two spells and no hats I have fairly good luck with games 1-4, then no spells/gems for last 3 knowing rovio will spike one of the last three games. You can get higher points in first 4 + stash extra games. You will sacrifice only a winning streak, but they are usually stolen by the game and really no loss.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 3,001 through 3,025 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.