About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,976 through 3,000 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

The arena reminds me of the good old days when we had to fight that stupid invincible spell card clowns.

But back then we could stop the game and restart without deleting the progress. Today it just sucks, two out of three opponents have much more flock power.

There’s still the question why we need slingshots and birds of a higher level when it doesn’t help in the arena.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Just had the biggest screw job ever by the game.

Going against a guy with a FP 72 higher than mine, but was soundly beating him, even without spells because I don’t feel like wasting the few I have left. He shows 2 birds left and I had 1. I threw the blues and did almost nothing because the only structure was wood, but a little bit fell down.

My score was just over 23M, opponent was only at 9M. Then he throws his two birds in less than a second, gets the free bird, and proceeds to finish with a score of 31M.

I think I’m done for a while and probably for good. Even if the problem is simply a really horrible system for displaying scores, it is beyond unacceptable.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

That’s lovely Rovio how you build up excitement during arena plays. The higher streak match, the higher diffrence between players’ flock power. Of course disadvantage hits me. Last match and guy 58 points ahead me without spells. I need to take all spells and barely manage to win using free bird at the end. I was about 200 points ahead. Nice tries, but it won’t force me to spend gems for another birds.

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

I feel the same. I am outmatched every single game by at least 50. To finish this last streak I had to use all 5 spells plus the extra bird plus 60 gems. Enough. From now on I will play my free arena with no spells and no gems and if I get busted down a league every week so be it

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

The Arena has become a real PITA lately. For a long time I have not lost one match, but nowadays I score 5 Stars with all spells and free birds. Well done Rovio.
    I wonder where @hank has gone – did he leave the forum because he would never be able to justify what Rovio did with the latest games changes? Did he get fired because Rovio obviously does not like transparency?

cognitive
    @cognitive

it makes no difference – I’m in Vanilla league and still the gem drain continues. I prefer to spend my saved-up gems for clan matches as the payoff is far better (we have a decent clan). At the same time, use a couple spells here and there and hope for the best, maybe complete 2 Arena tournaments a week. Eventually I’ll run out of gems or spells and delete the game and that is all she wrote.

I have no idea how I can be in ‘Vanilla League’ when I am the ONLY ONE in my league that is in ‘Vanilla League’. Rovio, of course, fixed it by removing the display of a player’s actual league in the individual player display so what we don’t know won’t hurt us.

Say, Rovio, what is the point of different leagues if everyone in my Vanilla League is flock strength of 360 or higher, most around 390-400?

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

My opponent this morning had a flock power 100 more than me…really Rovio?

Davetv
    @davetv

Is anybody else having a problem getting into their clan today? It keeps telling me to check my internet connection. My connection is fine and I’ve restarted the game several times.

Eagle Eye
    @scooterbug

Mine says down for maintenance

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Got no problems

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

No problems too.

desperados
    @serkann

it’s so hard and pointless again i’m in a super diamond league i’m the first with 8 points second one has 6 points and others have 0 points those guys play so much

DDeck
    @ddeck

We are all aways playing under different conditions — that has been clear from the beginning. For me, like many of you, the difficulty of the arena shot up to ludicrous level three weeks ago following an update. It would often do this the first week after an update but then revert the following week.

This seems not to be the case this time.

I just stopped playing because it is no longer fun for me. I think most of you know that if you finish a tournament, but never go back to the arena, you position in whatever league is fixed. That’s essentially what I’m doing now. If I hear that it’s back to somewhat normal, then I’ll go back in. Otherwise, it’s a frustrating experience that is not fun at all and consumes a ton of resources.

Why play a game that is not fun? What’s the point?

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@ddeck

I stopped playing the arena and am now stuck in the Vanilla league where the top player has a very high score and I hear those in higher levels all the way up to diamond have people not even playing….It makes no sense…it should be easy for me to crawl back up to Diamond League but the way it is now I don’t even try!

DDeck
    @ddeck

@rhonda90402

Yeah, it’s completely random. I always had to work hard to stay in the upper bit of each of my leagues, but other people have only a few active people.

It’s pretty much just a joke right now.

The trick is to finish somewhere above the bottom three for the week, then just never go back to the arena after the weekly tournament ends. I’ve done that for a month before, and when I finally opened the arena, it showed me the results from the last tournament and put me in a new one without going down any leagues.

You know, this could be a bug that I am “exploiting”. Maybe Rovio will ban me for using flaws in the game to my advantage! ;-)

But it really doesn’t matter at all which league you are in because the league will be populated with players all from the diamond league anyway, and there is now reward for being in a higher league, the reward for winning is completely out of line with the cost in resources of winning. There is literally no point except for collecting feathers with win streaks, but even this is a waste of time because it gives you zero advantage over your opponents since their level increases lockstep with yours.

The arena is truly pointless now.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@ddeck

Now with the Clan thing going I don’t even have time to send gifts some days like today to people who sent them to me….I just had too much going on today…as far as the arena goes…. Most people I know who have easy arena matches are in the very upper echelons of the arena which isn’t fair at all to me as, like you said, I am playing diamond league and amethyst league people in the lowest of the low Vanilla league…Some people must play this game all day long to get everything done!

Jon S
    @jon3800

The arena is  messed up ever since the Halloween update.

– The matching algorithm has failed.  I am not battling players with the same slingshot.  It ranges from Pristine Silver to Amethyst.

–  The Flock powers are meaningless  to me when an opponent that is 50 FP BELOW  mine can score nearly 8 million points on his first bird…aka the player Drunkard

– I’ve faced  opponents like Loopy Silver (pic is zombified Red) who brings spells that are much higher than his/her own bird levels.  Most of his birds are Mythic Bronze, but has Mythic Diamond spells.  How’s that possible, I don’t know.  It does lower to the basic level when I’m actually battling, but still very discouraging to see.

– 5 spell users are back.  Be wary of Venom_Anton as he scored nearly 50 million points to my 51.

desperados
    @serkann

and of course again my diamond league is full of players with bird level between 10-15 and there some players with locked birds too and yesterday i won the the week by 8 points only second player’s score was 6 and other all 0…5 spell users come to me like 1 in 10 and they always score 10-15 million more at the end of the battles others bot like players have noting and always score lower.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I keep getting 300+ flock powers now.

desperados
    @serkann

for me arena is dead for months now as others never play i always win the week by playing once :) and because of that my star rank level is stuck at 144 i get no opponent to beat.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

For whatever reason, I never, ever see a league where few if anyone is active. Mine always require a fight just to avoid ending up at the bottom. This past one had half of the players over 900 points with the winner over 1500 and second place at over 1300. The 3 last place people all had over 300 points. I think they all tried to make a run at the very end, but came up short. I survived with 357 just from playing the free entries, and using tickets and spells to win a few streaks because it let me level up Blue and Matilda.

The arena is completely hosed up, but I guess as long as there are enough people willing to spend money so they can play 12+ hours a day and win every single match, nothing will change.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

The arena has been a joyless miserydrome since the last update. This is today’s joke of a match up.

546.jpg

Needless to say I lost . . . again.

ebasi
    @ebasi

I thought the problem was in my device, but it was not. The same problem as most forum writers. It is impossible to do winning streak. The first two or three are a little weaker or little stronger then me and the next ones are stronger and stronger and stronger. FP is very high (50-60-70 or more) and the level of birds is over 10 levels, plus adding spells makes it impossible to win.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

You see once more how useless it is to increase the levels of birds or slingshots.

ebasi
    @ebasi

That’s why the game was deleted yesterday. I’m so glad I didn’t use real money for ab2.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,976 through 3,000 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.