About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,876 through 2,900 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Just lost a streak, was on #7, to a player with flock power 23 below me, but not because I was doing bad, but because this person must have purchased 5 or more continues.  They simply never ran out of birds.  Near the end as I was down to my last bird and was up 15m to 7m, he just kept getting more and more birds and going through them about one every second, eventually reaching over 40m.  There is no freaking away I am going to buy 3-5 continues myself to win a match.

It’s one thing to be beat by someone who just had a better game, or is more skilled, but to lose because someone bought a match and made it completely impossible to ever beat, that is bush league garbage right there.

Katydid
    @katydid

Aggieguy. You can bet you were playing a robot not a real person. I refuse to just give money to Rovio for nothing!

TripH0P
    @triph0p

That is BS. I never even considered the opponent may have bought extra cards. They really shouldn’t include and extra birds in the opponent’s final score,  including the free video bird. It’s not a live match anyway, just a ghost.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

After five weeks of apathy leagues, I’m in a super-aggressive one this week. First place jumping by 50 points each time I go in. Such motivation for such little reward. I’ll just play as I usually do and get whatever I get.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Every week there are busy players who score more than 100 per day.

I’m too lazy to compete and I don’t want to play arena the whole day anymore.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

It’s absolute BS and it just happened to me again.  This time I counted; the guy used 24 (maybe 25-26, they went by so fast) birds and at least two spells (he had zip at the beginning of the game) and ended up making it where I again would have had to purchase a bunch of continues to win.   Killed my streak at #6.

I’m seeing this a lot this week for some reason, matches against someone who has an almost endless supply of birds and is undefeatable, even if I throw a perfect game.

I’m stuck in second to last place this week at 92 stars.  Guy ahead of me has over 200 with first place already past 1000 and #2 right behind him by about 50.  I’ve already accepted I’ll get demoted so I’m just using this week to try to gather as many entry tickets as I can.  Last place guy has none so I assume he’s just not active.

desperados
    @desperados

All other players were having less than 50 stars i was having a good time with a player with his every thing at max level we were having 700 stars each then he demoted to 1 star turns out he was a cheater lol again  in apathy league i’m 1st.

cognitive
    @cognitive

I wish. After one week in apathy league I’m in the bottom feeder league, where there is a lot more competition for 11th and 12th place than the top. I halfway wonder if that’s another way for Rovio to keep people playing, because if you don’t put 100 points a day you get demoted. So far halfway into the tournament and I’m at 370 points at 11th or 12th. Come on Rovio, that’s too obvious.

Needless to say, this also did not happen before the last update. The top scores during the hayday of point inflation could easily be in the 1800-2000 and yet the bottom was around 400. Now the top is around 1200 and the bottom is 600+.

Am I imagining things once again?

desperados
    @desperados

I’m being placed in apathy leagues for 2 months now lol i could win every tournament with less than 100 stars i don’t know if it’s luck or not…wish they could place you in those leagues too…for active leagues earlier i used to play up to 2000 stars to be 1st.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

Hi Desperados – as with all things Rovio, we can’t be sure of what’s going on, but we can certainly speculate. Someone getting relegated to one star doesn’t mean they’re a cheater. I was going head to head with someone in the diamond league a few weeks back, racking up hundreds of stars a day each. Around Wednesday, he dropped to one star and I cruised to victory. We matched up in the same league again next week, and his score for Gold wins had gone up by one. While he may have lost in my league for the previous week, he did win somewhere else.

I suspect that I’ve been relegated to one star status without knowing. Usually I’m going head to head with someone for days, then the competition just stops. I see the person I’m going against staying ahead of #3, but not trying to catch up to me. Perhaps they’re seeing me as a one-star in their version of the league.

I read somewhere on this forum that once you rack up 600 points in a day, Rovio automatically one-star’s you. You won’t see it, but your opponents will.

As for apathy leagues, I’ve noticed something but haven’t tried to statistically prove it yet. Simply put: If you join the weekly tournament within a half hour of it starting, you’re pretty much guaranteed an easy league. Wait 4-8 hours before joining a new weekly tournament, and the competition REALLY ratchets up. Feels that way to me, but I haven’t really been tracking weekly to prove it one way or the other.

desperados
    @desperados

Thx for the post gjs,sometimes once a month i see you avatar pic as a random opponent in arena matches i guess it’s you if you use the same avatar pic for ab2 too…oh that’s weird why do they drop to one star suddenly? maybe for cheating maybe not but obviously the system behind it does not want them to continue playing during that week or as you said each player sees different version of the leagues.

adding a medal for 600 points might be true because sometimes i see people with 90 gold medals or more but i’m not sure.

my league always end at 3:30 am in the night for 2 months now i tried to end the arena after 15-20 hours i still ended up in a weak league i ended it after 2 hours it was still a weak league i ended it 1 day after it was a weak league again…i have 3 facebook accounts for game i connected to them and ended arena for them and i was in a week league again i don’t know what’s happening but it works like that for me.

cognitive
    @cognitive

@gjs96743, I join the league within minutes of it opening every week for 2 years. I can only remember a handful of apathy leagues. Since the update, the minimum required to not get demoted seems to be up dramatically for me. I’m usually ending 11th or 12th with 500+ points. Top spot is around 1200.

Before the update, 280-300 points was sufficient.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I join the “next” league roughly every sunday (german time) around the same time – anywhere between 6-8am. I had an apathy once, when I joined shortly after midnight, but also, when I joined sunday evening. To me it feels like there is no relevant connection between the time joining a league and the activity of the player.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

A person can get booted to one star in the group if they score too much too quickly, but they won’t see that. Only others in the group will see it. It doesn’t mean they are cheating, a person just playing hard and grinding away can have it happen to them.

I have spent months in apathy groups to the point it spoiled me. Since the update I have had one or two real players in my group. I don’t grind away at the arena as I did in the past, the rewards aren’t worth it. But if I see a chance at winning I will. I was down about 200 points from 1st yesterday and thought about catching up. Only I wake up this morning to find I am now down by 700 or more. Not going to happen. Silver looks nice this week.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I’m usually not the one to complain about arena opponents… but I encountered a lot of spell-using opponents recently. Just like in my last post, most of those players appeared at the end of a streak.

This one however is the one I was most annoyed about:

IMG_8949.PNG

While I think, that a higher flock power and an eagle is quite a beatable combination this one scored over 30 Mio AND scored 8 Mio only with his eagle. The first game I lost in weeks due to ridiculous matchmaking and strange scoring mechanism.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I saw the biggest FP discrepancy, ever.  I was playing a match while on break at work, and was shocked by what happened.  A coworker took a picture of it as neither of us could believe it and I could not remember the screenshot command.

Don’t ask how it ended.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Wow, that is phenomenal…
    I would really like to the see the match making criteria!

Katydid
    @katydid

I’m not at all sure there is a match criteria only money making criteria!

ADBjester
    @adbjester

Hello All,

You’ve seen my posts here, but I’ve left the AB2 family.  I’m now playing AB Evolution instead, which seems to have fewer exploits and is more reasonably competitive.  Though it has its own flaws, they are FAR fewer than AB2, and the game is more aggressively supported by Rovio.  It also plays “better” without payment.

See you in the Oinktagon Arena!  As for this forum, peace, out, and best of luck to all you long-time AB2 birders.

Jester

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Take care Jester. In regards to exploits it’s good to remember as time increases so does exploits found, but I think they thought ahead and made less things client side for ABE, and I hope they can patch any found more quickly. I tried it for a couple of days while having AB2 issues, seems fun, just not what I’m into at the moment.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum, Jo-ha. My flock level is 483, I seldom see my opponents match my flock level. This is actually a new development. For all this time playing, all my opponents were maxed out the day a new level was made available. Maybe the cost is getting too high and Rovio is doing better at shutting down the hacks? Obviously not the exploits because I am still around and my opponents are close to be maxed out, with a very few actually being there. But that means I can’t see what others here are seeing.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

First place on this week’s arena already has 700 points. I’m in second with 85.

I won’t be chasing that one!

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

My latest tournament is another where within 16 hours all but myself and three others had scores of 200-300 with first place over 600 and now now up to 900.  Two are not playing and the other person has only played/won one match.

I’ve played 9, and lost all 9 despite having good games in all but one, and higher FP than my opponents.  Every single blasted time, they’d go from losing by 3-5 million to winning by 8-20, with the last two birds of course.  My favorite is when the opponent is out of birds, but I still have a few left.  They continue to gain points despite showing no birds left.  The phantom points brigade is beyond annoying.

Attempt #9 ended with me losing by the worst margin ever, 7m (bad game on my part) to over 50m, because this POS was buying at last 8 continues.  This is getting to be beyond ridiculous.  You are basically being setup to absolutely lose no matter what (unless you want to spend thousands of gems as well) and that is pathetic.  If this tournament doesn’t get any better, I’m deleting the game.

Update as finished typing the above, latest opponent scored 9m with his first bird, another 6m with his second, and about 5m with his third.  I shut the game down and tossed the phone across the room (onto the couch, wasn’t going to actually break it) before I really lost it and turned the phone into scrap plastic.

desperados
    @desperados

Opponents with spells always score the highest as other opponents appearing with random names and no facebook avatars always score the lowest for me and score abnormally low even in the easiest levels when i battle them i throw 6-7 birds up to the air without hitting anything then throw other birds normally to end the battle in 2 minutes and win at the end.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

It doesn’t seem to matter with me.  I have lost another 12 games in a row, all but one to players who had FP below mine, some as much as 20+ below mine.  I lead the entire game, and then they score 10-15 million at the last second, only two had spells at the start of the match and only one purchased a continue.  I’m playing about as well as usual, but it seems that people I keep getting matched up with score a minimum of 20 million every single game, most over 25 million.

I will try one more match, and if it goes the same way, that’s the end of this for me.  My blood pressure cannot take the stress of being ripped off.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,876 through 2,900 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.